Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just a few songs I like

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH, THE EU IS FATHER AND MOTHER
Hi @Wallfire  - I've moved your thread from "Off-Topic" and into the Music and Media Room!
I hope that's OK!

cheers,
G
tinybighuh Being Rogue is WEIRD, But I LIKE IT!tinyfunny 
(01-29-2020, 12:31 PM)gordi Wrote: Hi @Wallfire  - I've moved your thread from "Off-Topic" and into the Music and Media Room!
I hope that's OK!

cheers,
G

Thanks Gordi, I did not know/remember we had a music and media room
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH, THE EU IS FATHER AND MOTHER
@Wallfire 
Nice  minusculethumbsup2
Interesting music.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
You know, I had entertained the notion of posting some of my favorite songs in this thread, but then I realized that my sort of music makes the ears of normal humans bleed, so I decided against it.

What I will say, however, is that last night I was sitting here and YouTubing my ass off when I realized that music tends to bring back memories of long gone events, and I started wondering "did that REALLY happen? Was I really there when it did, if it did?" Whether it really did or not, the memories can be a hell of a ride. I won't go into any details, because if I can't really be sure it actually happened, well, I'm pretty sure any readers are going to call "BULLSHIT!" on it, and there really aren't any percentages in that.

Music may soothe the savage beast, but at times it will awaken a beast that has long been dead - and one which is incapable of any further beastly action...

... hence the recall of questionable events.

" I don't mind killin' a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if there's money involved... or a woman... "

- Jayne Cobb, Hero of Canton
(02-02-2020, 07:02 AM)Ninurta Wrote: You know, I had entertained the notion of posting some of my favorite songs in this thread, but then I realized that my sort of music makes the ears of normal humans bleed, so I decided against it.

Shotgun blasts with a terrible wailing at the end -on repeat, isn't music.
I checked.
tinybiggrin
[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
(02-02-2020, 07:02 AM)Ninurta Wrote: You know, I had entertained the notion of posting some of my favorite songs in this thread, but then I realized that my sort of music makes the ears of normal humans bleed, so I decided against it.

What I will say, however, is that last night I was sitting here and YouTubing my ass off when I realized that music tends to bring back memories of long gone events, and I started wondering "did that REALLY happen? Was I really there when it did, if it did?" Whether it really did or not, the memories can be a hell of a ride. I won't go into any details, because if I can't really be sure it actually happened, well, I'm pretty sure any readers are going to call "BULLSHIT!" on it, and there really aren't any percentages in that.

Music may soothe the savage beast, but at times it will awaken a beast that has long been dead - and one which is incapable of any further beastly action...

... hence the recall of questionable events.

@Wallfire  I agree with you, I see @Ninurta as a John Denver Type Myself. smallroflmao

Possibly our (my husband) taste in music has mellowed,,,,,

or maybe not,,,,, we're old.

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Im also old so perhaps this song is for us, and old wood runner. I love the words of this song

(02-02-2020, 05:08 PM)guohua Wrote: @Wallfire  I agree with you, I see @Ninurta as a John Denver Type Myself. smallroflmao

Possibly our (my husband) taste in music has mellowed,,,,,

or maybe not,,,,, we're old.

Yes I can see him sitting in his rocking chair  strumming his guitar in between shooting at trespassers.
(02-02-2020, 05:08 PM)guohua Wrote: @Wallfire  I agree with you, I see @Ninurta as a John Denver Type Myself. smallroflmao

Kinda sorta - half of my roots do come from WV, and I still own a patch of ground over there...

The more things change around here, the more they stay the same...

Now, I lived in NC for a number of years too. In NC, there is an Indian tribe now called "Lumbee". They're some of the toughest, meanest folks I've ever lived among. They are a lot like us hillbillies - they'll do anything they can FOR you, until you piss them off, and then they'll do anything they can TO you. There is a Lumbee singer named Jana Mashonee whom I never met until I was living in Kansas City, MO. Despite the fact that I lived among the Lumbees for years, I had to go half way across the country before I ever ran into her. One morning I woke up, and in the street below the road had been closed off, someone had set a tepee up right below my windows, and a stage had been constructed right in the middle of the intersection a few yards north of my apartment. Later that evening, Jana was singing on that stage. She opened with the following song, and hearing that echo down the concrete canyons between the buildings was an experience!

" I don't mind killin' a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if there's money involved... or a woman... "

If it's any help, I've heard Boy In A Dress singing this as he wanders around the garden
recently and I can only guess that it's somehow tied to his aversion of needle-and-thread
repairs.
tinysure

Personally, I've never heard of them, but I believe they're from the nineties.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
http://playback.fm/birthday-song

Number 1 Song On Day You Were Born

You will definitely be surprised at what the music was like and popular when you were born or any other date. Have fun!  
When my wife died every time I heard this song I had to go hide my eyes. 

The greatest guitar solo of its time and maybe forever

Sometimes I feel like this

And sometimes like this, life is strange

About 30 miles from here, there is a back road that's worn out with twists and turns. If I didn't know better, I'd swear this song was choreographed to run that road at about twice the safe speed while listening to it. If you've not completed slinging your vehicle around every one of the twists and turns in about 4 miles of that road while listening to this song, you drove it wrong!

The road is about 9 miles long, and you've got to follow up with this song for the second half of it:

Some how I always though this was more your type of music  tinybiggrin