Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Britain Today.
(08-11-2021, 12:55 PM)BIAD Wrote: Edit: Although I see the headline says she was driven to the layby, not she drove there.
tinyhuh

I saw that, too, but it doesn't really answer any questions. If I'm dead, and they want to drive me somewhere to burn the body, I of course have no choice in the matter, and someone else will have to do the driving. If, on the other hand, I am alive, I'm certainly not going to drive myself to the scene of my impending death, so someone else is still gonna have to do it... so, really, it doesn't provide as much information as it would appear to at first blush.

Typical "news" double-speak and hedge-wording.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

With questions still needing to be answered, BIAD dons his Reporter's hat and sets out on Thursday morning to
obtain the required information.
tinybiggrin

Quote:11th Aug, 2021.
Perton murder: Man arrested on suspicion of killing woman set on fire in layby

'A man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a young woman who was killed, dumped by the roadside
and set on fire. The suspect was detained in Wolverhampton on Tuesday after the woman was found in a layby
off the main road between Wolverhampton and Bridgnorth in the early hours of Monday.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9804]
Detective Superintendent Tom Chisholm has appealed for help from the public after a woman was
killed and set on fire in a layby on the main road from Bridgnorth to Wolverhampton.

Meanwhile Staffordshire Police have said they are now "close" to establishing who the murder victim was.
She had significant burn marks to her body and is thought to have been driven to the main road before being
set on fire.

Although her identity, age and ethnicity are yet to be confirmed, detectives believe the woman was aged between
her late teens and 30 years old. Staffordshire Police has confirmed that a post-mortem has taken place and the
cause of the woman's death is under further investigation.

A 41-year-old man from Wolverhampton has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remained in custody on
Wednesday afternoon. Detective Superintendent Tom Chisholm, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are
at the early stages of a major investigation and we have had a great response from the public so far, but we are
keen to get more information...'
ExpressAndStar:

The last sentence usually means a lot, it implies possible knowledge of the incident might be available in certain
communities.

I noticed a similar crime reported from the same news outlet and I'm surprised by the lack of interest by the major
news-streams. Although, the distance between the places where the crimes took place is almost 60 miles.

Quote:Aug 10, 2021.
Murder charge after woman, 23, found dumped on country lane

'Megan Newborough’s body was found in the early hours of Sunday morning. A 29-year-old man has been charged
with the murder of a woman whose body was found dumped on a country lane.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9805]
Megan Newborough.

Leicestershire Police said Megan Newborough, 23, was discovered in Charley Road, near Woodhouse Eaves, in
the early hours of Sunday after a report of a missing woman was received from outside the force area.
Ross Macullam has been remanded into custody after being charged with her murder.

The force said he had been further arrested on suspicion of rape but has since been released under investigation on
that matter. Ms Newborough, from Nuneaton, was reported missing to Warwickshire Police on Saturday afternoon and
following inquiries, searches were conducted in Leicestershire...'
SOURCE:

What I found strange about the first 'burnt-body' incident is that I used the photo from the above article and
a previous description of the location mentioned in The Manchester Evening News to search for the exact
spot where the woman was discovered with the help of Google maps.

Here's the 'On-The-Ground' map location, captured in March of 2021. Why is it blurred?! (Location)
tinyhuh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Britain is no longer British mate.

One of the very many reasons that I decided to quit our cesspool of a once great country over 30 years ago.

Back in the late 70s early 80s, Bradford and Leeds up North had some great people.

Then the last generation of brainwashed religious fanatics arrived....

THAT IS A FACT.

Glad I am out of the UK now but sadly over the past 20 to 30 years France is becoming much similar and heading down the same disasterous path...

Rod
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!
(08-12-2021, 09:52 AM)Rodinus Wrote: Britain is no longer British mate.

One of the very many reasons that I decided to quit our cesspool of a once great country over 30 years ago.

Back in the late 70s early 80s, Bradford and Leeds up North had some great people.

THAT IS A FACT.

Glad I am out of the UK now but sadly over the past 20 to 30 years France is becoming much similar and heading down the same disasterous path...

Rod

I hear yer'. The standards of yesteryear took the last train for the coast a looooong time ago.
tinysure
(08-12-2021, 10:16 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 09:52 AM)Rodinus Wrote: Britain is no longer British mate.

THAT IS A FACT.

Rod

I hear yer'. The standards of yesteryear took the last train for the coast a looooong time ago.
tinysure

"BRITISH RAIL"?
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!
(08-12-2021, 10:27 AM)Rodinus Wrote: "BRITISH RAIL"?

Yes... the old standards of Britain reported from their cramped carriage that they're only thirty minutes
from the coast and are currently playing the game 'whoever sees the sea first, gets the beer in'.

Mind you, this was back in the early eighties.
tinyhuh

[video=youtube]http:/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJgkv2wCPC4&ab_channel=TrainsTrainsTrains/[/video]

And of course, that trusted-BBC's DJ's convincing advert must be shown.
tinywhat

In the UK, we had -what the MSM like to call, a mass-shooting. Plymouth, a port-city on the south coast of England,
where the town in Massachusetts derived its name and began the great pioneering spirit of adventure that made
the US the most powerful country in history.

Personally, I think it shows how disillusioned many young people are about who they are, what their life could be
and that most important act that teenagers worship -and that the media exploit, sex.

Thursday evening, 12th August 2021.

Quote:Plymouth shooting: Jake Davison named as gunman who killed five.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9817]

Jake Davison and the aftermath.

'A man suspected of killing five people in Plymouth before turning the gun on himself has been named locally as
Jake Davison. Three females and two males were shot in the Keyham area of the city on Thursday evening.
Police said the incident, the worst mass shooting in Britain since 2010, is not terror-related.

Five died, including the suspect, at the scene and one died in hospital. An MP has said one victim was a child.
Emergency services were called to Biddick Drive shortly after 18:00 BST on Thursday.
The force added: "The area has been cordoned off and police are not looking for anyone else in connection
with the incident."...'
BBC:

Quote:Self-pitying Plymouth gunman ranted about failed love life in YouTube videos

'The suspected Plymouth gunman posted his dark ramblings on a Youtube channel just days before a deadly
rampage. Jake Davison has been named locally as the killer who shot five people dead before turning the gun
on himself.

A critical incident was declared yesterday evening after reports emerged a shotgun was used in the worst mass
shooting in Britain since 2010. The identity of the gunman is yet to be formally confirmed but the shooter was a
23-year-old apprentice crane operator, according to locals.

Three females and two males were shot in the Keyham area of the city, police have said, including a five-year-old
girl. In one clip, he speaks to the camera and says: ‘I hate it when people say teenage love is overrated…guys who
are virgins until they are older think “we must think it’s like some romantic move or some teenage romance movie”
 I don’t think of it like that.’

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9818]
In the past, kids used a mirror to talk to themselves. Now, the whole world can listen in.

He said he seemed ‘fresher’ as a teenager and things seem ‘numb’ and ‘more fed up with life’ as an adult.
Davison adds: ‘The reality is, love is for the young…and I know I’m still somewhat young and I hope I can make up
for it, but I have a feeling like I missed that boat and it’s never coming back.’

In another he says: ‘There’s something special about being young, I don’t know what it is, you just have that drive,
you have that fresh bounce to you you know…maybe it’s just depression, maybe I’m just going through some health
issues, I don’t know.

‘You just have a bounce to you when you’re young, you have that “woomph”, and you have that drive and that optimism
for life. ‘As an adult, you don’t have that. So you’re telling me that…like, love as an adult – what is that?’

Davison was subscribed to Incel TV, an online channel for the ‘involuntary celibate’ movement which has been linked
to previous hate crimes, The Sun reports.

In one video posted to his Youtube channel two weeks ago, Davison talks about how difficult it is to ‘have willpower’
when ‘life has never rewarded you’. Davison rants in another: ‘I missed out on so much as a teenager, I hope I can
make up for it.

‘I’m not advocating this, but if I have to I might even try and use drugs to make up for it, maybe cocaine fuelled sex
or something, maybe that can make up for that missed teenage experience.’...'
Archived Metro Article:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9819]
"Why can't they get girlfriends?"

Thanks for posting @BIAD.
It was surreal following all this on FB last night. We did hear sirens at teatime last night, but that's not unusual as we are between two of the main routes into town.
We are several miles away from where it happened, so we weren't affected at all, but about 20 years ago I lived one street over from where it all went down, so I'm very familiar with the area.
 Everyone here is completely stunned, it will take some time to process what happened.

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and families.
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
(08-13-2021, 01:11 PM)WonderCow Wrote: Thanks for posting @BIAD.
It was surreal following all this on FB last night. We did hear sirens at teatime last night, but that's not unusual as we are between two of the main routes into town.
We are several miles away from where it happened, so we weren't affected at all, but about 20 years ago I lived one street over from where it all went down, so I'm very familiar with the area.
 Everyone here is completely stunned, it will take some time to process what happened.

Mine too.

There's an update, but it doesn't help any for those grieving.
tinysure

Quote:'...Jake Davison, who killed five people, including a young girl, in Plymouth was a licensed firearms holder,
police have revealed. The 22-year-old shot two women, two men and the three-year-old girl in a deadly
six-minute spree in the Keyham area of the city on Thursday evening.

Police said the incident, the worst mass shooting in Britain since 2010, is not terror-related.
In online videos Davison spoke of being "beaten down" and "defeated by life".

Emergency services were called to Biddick Drive shortly after 18:00 BST on Thursday. Five people, including
Davison, died at the scene and one died later in hospital.
Devon and Cornwall Police Chief Constable Shaun Sawyer said Davison was a firearms licence holder.

He said the weapon used in the shooting had been described by witnesses as a "pump action shotgun" but police
were not confirming that at this stage. Mr Sawyer said a firearm had been recovered from the scene and officers
were not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident...'
BBC:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9824]
Maxine Davison was killed by her son in a shooting rampage. (SOURCE)

(08-13-2021, 04:05 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:11 PM)WonderCow Wrote: Thanks for posting @BIAD.

Mine too.

There's an update, but it doesn't help any for those grieving.
tinysure

Quote:'...Jake Davison, who killed five people, including a young girl, in Plymouth was a licensed firearms holder,
police have revealed. The 22-year-old shot two women, two men and the three-year-old girl in a deadly
six-minute spree in the Keyham area of the city on Thursday evening.

In online videos Davison spoke of being "beaten down" and "defeated by life".

Emergency services were called to Biddick Drive shortly after 18:00 BST on Thursday. Five people, including
Davison, died at the scene and one died later in hospital.
Devon and Cornwall Police Chief Constable Shaun Sawyer said Davison was a firearms licence holder.

He said the weapon used in the shooting had been described by witnesses as a "pump action shotgun" but police
were not confirming that at this stage. Mr Sawyer said a firearm had been recovered from the scene and officers
were not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident...'
BBC:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9824]
Maxine Davison was killed by her son in a shooting rampage. (SOURCE)

Just found out today that some friends of ours were incredibly lucky. They had just walked their dog through the park (#3 on map above) and headed to North Down Park (#6) they heard the shots, but didn't know what it was. While they were in the park, the helicopters started flying in, so they decided it would be a good idea to go home.
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
My thoughts and prayers are not just with the victim's families, but with all the British people. It must be traumatizing, as this sort of thing doesn't often happen there with firearms.

He killed his own ma because he can't unass his couch long enough to get laid? There's probably a really deep problem there, Mr. Oedipus!

That "incel" bunch are, to a man, a bunch of whiny bitches. They seem to sit around in all male enclaves bitching and whining about not being able to get laid, instead of, you know, just going out and getting laid. It warps their minds (or perhaps is a symptom of an already warped mind), and causes them to perform all manner of crazy, things like this included. A number of "mass shootings" in the US have also been linked to incels.

I'm normally against blaming stuff on society at large, but in this case, I do think society at large bears a large part of the responsibility. We, as a society, are promoting "women's lib" and insisting that women are off limits to men, while at the same time breeding an entire population of weak men who take that to heart, and think there is some particular reason they should listen to society. Ergo, they are afraid to place themselves into a position where they might discover girls and cure that "incel" bullshit. hell, there really ought not to even BE a name for it, it ought not to be a "thing". There are women out there who get the urge to merge same as men do - it is, after all, an inbuilt thing to propagate the species - but these incel wimps are too scared to go find them, preferring to sit around and bitch, and occasionally go off on shooting sprees.

Of all the things I might publicly identify myself as, "incel" is not one of them, even if I were one. It's not what I would think of as a badge of honor. But, you know, modern society and all that trash.

Sometimes, I think humanity is just a bunch of lemmings on the edge of a cliff.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-13-2021, 07:50 PM)Ninurta Wrote: My thoughts and prayers are not just with the victim's families, but with all the British people. It must be traumatizing, as this sort of thing doesn't often happen there with firearms.

He killed his own ma because he can't unass his couch long enough to get laid? There's probably a really deep problem there, Mr. Oedipus!

That "incel" bunch are, to a man, a bunch of whiny bitches. They seem to sit around in all male enclaves bitching and whining about not being able to get laid, instead of, you know, just going out and getting laid. It warps their minds (or perhaps is a symptom of an already warped mind), and causes them to perform all manner of crazy, things like this included. A number of "mass shootings" in the US have also been linked to incels.

I'm normally against blaming stuff on society at large, but in this case, I do think society at large bears a large part of the responsibility. We, as a society, are promoting "women's lib" and insisting that women are off limits to men, while at the same time breeding an entire population of weak men who take that to heart, and think there is some particular reason they should listen to society. Ergo, they are afraid to place themselves into a position where they might discover girls and cure that "incel" bullshit. hell, there really ought not to even BE a name for it, it ought not to be a "thing". There are women out there who get the urge to merge same as men do - it is, after all, an inbuilt thing to propagate the species - but these incel wimps are too scared to go find them, preferring to sit around and bitch, and occasionally go off on shooting sprees.

Of all the things I might publicly identify myself as, "incel" is not one of them, even if I were one. It's not what I would think of as a badge of honor. But, you know, modern society and all that trash.

Sometimes, I think humanity is just a bunch of lemmings on the edge of a cliff.

I've got to agree, the mental de-masculinisation of our male youth won't help the generations of the future.
tinysure

Quote:"...Ms Davison, 51, was shot and killed by her 22-year-old son Jake Davison at her home on Biddick Drive,
Plymouth, on Thursday evening. Davison went on to kill three-year-old Sophie, her father Lee Martyn, 43, 
Stephen Washington and Kate Shepherd...'
Auntie Beeb:
(08-13-2021, 09:17 PM)BIAD Wrote: I've got to agree, the mental de-masculinisation of our male youth won't help the generations of the future.
tinysure

I seriously can't comprehend how that even happens. I do not understand the mindset that, when confronted with that bullshit, doesn't just say "What? get the fuck away from me before I pop your head like a pimple. Go preach that bullshit to someone that gives a shit."

How do they get inside these non-men's minds? Is it something in the water? Fluoride maybe? Some chemical in the food or some GMO shit making their testosterone levels measure in the negative?

from the article:

Quote:In online videos Davison spoke of being "beaten down" and "defeated by life".

What a pussy.

His ma should have explained to him that life ain't fair, sometimes it punches you right in the face, and all you gotta do is take that punch like a man and counter punch until you win.

Instead she let him shoot her in the face.

This world is getting crazier by the day. The only saving grace is that I ain't scared of a bunch of wussies like that. In other words, the world is going nuts, but it's not strong enough to make it count.

(08-14-2021, 02:46 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I seriously can't comprehend how that even happens. I do not understand the mind-set that, when confronted with that
bullshit, doesn't just say "What? get the fuck away from me before I pop your head like a pimple. Go preach that bullshit
to someone that gives a shit."

How do they get inside these non-men's minds? Is it something in the water? Fluoride maybe? Some chemical in the food
or some GMO shit making their testosterone levels measure in the negative?

You may or may not recall as a child, the feeling one gets from watching your favourite television character struggling with
a certain situation in an episode. The character -usually totally unaware of the the state of affairs they're entering, becomes
embroiled in a situation due to applying his own set of values towards those in the environment he finds himself.

Since you agree with his generic 'good' concept of social-living -or you wouldn't bother watching the TV show in the first
place, you become emotive for this chivalric-like character who is fighting those against his style of 'truth'.

Usually, our fictional hero succeeds in his endeavours and leaves the situation in a presumed-better condition than his
first interaction. A story-telling formula that is centuries old and is a guaranteed ratings-puller.

Then you turn off the television and go outside to emulate your favoured character. However, reality kicks-in and you find
that most people see themselves as the 'hero' of their own little episode. There's no adoring audience that hangs onto every
word you say and your limited experience seems to go unnoticed by those around you. You can't fly, there's no scheming
baddies around every corner and even worse, just as your imagination gets into gear, your mother calls you in for supper.
Hardly worthy of your hero!

And for those older boys, there's no pretty girl looking admiringly at you because of your guiding principles and swoons
as you ride-off into the sunset with your pristine white hat on your handsome head.

Social media uses a similar fantasy-based territory to let people play-out such roles.

For many in Rogue Nation, we never grew-up with a technology that allowed you to -not only watch an intriguing setting
where opinions are displayed with an assumed certainty, but to also inject one's own set of principles and gain confidence
from those who agree with one's set of undeveloped philosophies.

In essence, one has stepped into the television show one once could only watch on a screen.
tinyhuh

But reality is still this side of the glass, you, me and everyone else is still in this REAL world and not the muscular hero
slaying demons and imagining that we are impressing a female by showing such gallant behaviour. Our bedrooms still
need tidying-up, we still need to go to work to earn money and we still need to accept responsibilities that can make
us the adult that these kinds of television shows sort-of portray.

Sadly, the youth of today doesn't watch television anymore and for many, never created that mental-process that's needed
to distinguish what is real and what is not. They struggle to learn what is meaningful in life because of the constant barrage
of a peer-on-peer-need to be part of a group. Shame and disgrace -humiliating positions that could be avoided in the real
world by absorbing the behaviour of those around you, are proposed with ease to single-out someone for the purpose of
self-protection and down-right meanness.

Obviously, it happened in schools before the internet, but the difference is that in social media, there's no bell or buzzer to
say your time is up and you can return to a place where strangers aren't persistently trying to convince you that you're wrong
and they are right. Those plotting 'baddies' are now in your home, sitting in the cable that comes through your wall and baiting
you to come and fight them.

But by switching them off, are you surrendering your values...? Will the pretty girl stop waving...? Can you hear your un-met,
unnamed, self-believed enemies laughing in the wires?

So the map of being a regular person demands -even through the many fictional curtains of gender, that we need to
seek a mate. But what defines such a companion...? A well-endowed male/female who is a success in the real world
and will listen to your partly-formed assumptions of life?

There's worrying preconditioned concern today that one of the must-needed attributes to a possible-mate is that he or she
must be envied by those the hopeful candidate holds in regard of their preferred group on the internet. Shallow as that seems,
the characteristics of a possible life-colleague seems to be weighed by the false doctrines that are endorsed on the juvenile
websites within the same form of electronic communication!

The real-world 'instructions' of how to go about finding someone that one can trust, find emotional nourishment in the very
company of that person and look to creating a better generation for the future with, are not available in the countless forums
that were originally created to provide thought-provoking entertainment.

Now these electronic assemblies are serious meeting-zones for those with stunted ideas still anchored to the need to impress,
to garner favour with those who they seek to dominate. Games, older people played as a child -and part of growing up, are
now part of today's adulthood and promote poor civics and even poorer examples of self-conduct.

However on the internet, there's no bloody nose, no scraped knees and no adult grabbing one's ear and dragging you away
to be held accountable for one's action. (Although, certain Governments are attempting such parental acts!)

Maybe somewhere along the line, weaning people off the teat of the internet will become fashionable and the tragic results
that occur when one confuses the tripe displayed via this global network manifests itself in the real world, will dwindle.
Maybe we can be normal again.
tinywondering
15th August 2021.
Just an average London weekend...

Quote:Gunmen fire shots at barbecue in Camden hitting three women and a man

'Three women and a man were shot at a barbecue in Camden when a group of men arrived and “indiscriminately” fired
on the party, detectives said. Police were called to Clarence Gardens near Regent’s Park at about 10.10pm on Saturday
after residents heard the shots.

A large crowd was attending the barbecue in the communal park when up to five men arrived and “indiscriminately discharged
a firearm”, police said. They injured two teenage girls, aged 19 and 17, a 28-year-old man and a 73-year-old woman.

Firearms officers and paramedics attended the scene and the victims are recovering in hospital.
The incident is not being treated as terror-related...'
The Standard:

Quote:Notting Hill: Murder arrest over woman's stab death at home

'A woman, thought to be in her 70s, has died after being stabbed at her west London home.
Police were called at about 14:10 BST on Saturday following reports of a disturbance at a property on St Luke's Road, Notting Hill.
A man in his 20s was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and taken to hospital for treatment to a minor injury.
The woman's next of kin has been informed, police say...'
SOURCE:

Quote:Man rushed to hospital with head injuries after early morning attack in Finsbury Park

'A man was rushed to hospital this morning after being attacked in North London.
Police were called at 9.20am to reports of an attack on Fonthill Road in Finsbury Park and found a man with head injuries.
He was rushed to hospital for treatment, but his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

Three men were arrested on suspicion of Grievous Bodily Harm and remain in police custody.
Police continue to make enquiries into what happened...'
MyLondon:

Quote:Record number of migrants cross the English Channel with 592 people making it to shore from France
in embarrassing new high

*A total of 592 migrants crossed the English Channel in a single day, a new record
*More than 10,000 migrants have already arrived via the Channel this year
*Comes as Eritrean man, 27, died after jumping overboard from sinking vessel

'Nearly 600 people made the perilous trip across the English Channel on a single day this week, a new daily record.
On the day an Eritrean man tragically lost his life trying to reach the UK, at least 592 people succeeded in making the
dangerous crossing, latest figures show.

The 27-year-old died after he and four others jumped overboard as their boat started to sink in the Dover Strait on Thursday.
His 22-year-old girlfriend watched as he entered the water before she was later rescued, a French migrant help association
told the PA news agency...'
Daily Mail:

Quote:'...About 10,000 have already made the dangerous, illegal Channel crossing this year.
Many more are expected as the good weather returns, and Border Force warn that the total could top 20,000 by the end of the year.
Huge numbers of arrivals are being housed in budget hotels in Kent and the home counties but insiders say capacity is “utterly full”.

Town halls are struggling to find so-called dispersal accommodation in their housing stock -and hotels 85 miles away in upmarket
areas of London such as Islington and Kensington are being used to accommodate migrants...'
The Sun:
tinysure
(08-15-2021, 10:12 PM)BIAD Wrote: 15th August 2021.
Just an average London weekend...

Quote:Gunmen fire shots at barbecue in Camden hitting three women and a man

'Three women and a man were shot at a barbecue in Camden when a group of men arrived and “indiscriminately” fired
on the party, detectives said. Police were called to Clarence Gardens near Regent’s Park at about 10.10pm on Saturday
after residents heard the shots.

A large crowd was attending the barbecue in the communal park when up to five men arrived and “indiscriminately discharged
a firearm”, police said. They injured two teenage girls, aged 19 and 17, a 28-year-old man and a 73-year-old woman.

Firearms officers and paramedics attended the scene and the victims are recovering in hospital.
The incident is not being treated as terror-related...'
The Standard:

Where are all these knotheads getting unregulated firearms in supposedly gun-controlled Old Blighty? Do you suppose they're getting them from straw purchasers in Virginia, as New York and Chicago are claiming theirs are coming from?

Or is it just a case of the violent will find a way to BE violent?

(08-15-2021, 10:54 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Where are all these knotheads getting unregulated firearms in supposedly gun-controlled Old Blighty?
Do you suppose they're getting them from straw purchasers in Virginia, as New York and Chicago are claiming
theirs are coming from?

Or is it just a case of the violent will find a way to BE violent?

It's due to standards... basic standards of communal existence and of course, the false perception of
a country that is used as a token towards those who value a constitution. Social values have dropped
and those who benefit from a 'gangsta'-like lifestyle are just revelling in the current climate.

Here's another.
Take heed, Weymouth is four-and-a-half hours and two-hundred and forty-six miles away from Norfolk,
which is a county.
Gloucester is three-and-a-half hours and two hundred miles away from Norfolk.
Gloucester is also two-hours-and-forty-minutes and one-hundred-and-twenty-five miles from Weymouth.

Yet a boy of fourteen living two hundred miles away from a nineteen year-old man got together to accost
and then subject two sixteen year-old girls to sexual violence.
What thought-process bound these two together?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9845]
The bottom circle is Weymouth, the smaller one above it is Gloucester and the larger, the county of Norfolk.

Quote:Boy, 14, and man, 19, are arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault after two girls, both aged 16,
were attacked on a Dorset beach

*Two girls, both aged 16, were attacked on Weymouth beach on Saturday evening
*They had been joined by two males earlier in the day before heading to beach
*A 14-year-old boy and 19-year-old man have been arrested and released on bail
*Dorset Police appeal for witnesses to get in touch as investigation continues

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9844]

'A 14-year-old schoolboy and a 19-year-old man have been arrested after two teenage girls were attacked on
Weymouth beach. The boy, from Gloucester, was arrested on suspicion of rape, while the 19-year-old man from
Norfolk is under investigation on suspicion of rape and sexual assault.

It comes after the two girls, both aged 16, were accosted by two males in Weymouth town centre before being
followed to the beach where they were attacked, Dorset Police have said. It happened between 10pm and 11pm
on Saturday, August 14, near to the public toilets by the King’s Statue - a well-known local landmark.

The force said they received reports that, a short time earlier, the two 16-year-old girls were approached in the town
centre by two males and they began to walk together towards the beach. While they were on the beach, the force say
it was reported that one of the 16-year-old girls was raped while one of the male suspects attempted to sexually
assault the second girl.

The 14-year-old and 19-year-old suspects have both been released on bail while the investigation continues and police
are now appealing for witnesses. Det Sgt Gareth Jones, of Weymouth CID, said: 'Specialist officers are providing
support to both of the victims and we are carrying out a thorough and detailed investigation into the incident.

'I am appealing to anyone who was on the beach around the relevant time and witnessed the incident, or may have any
information to assist our enquiries, to please come forward...' [The rest is about the Police]
Archived Daily Mail Article:

Tragedies come from many original good intentions.

Quote:(UK) Sheffield hotel fall: Boy who died was Afghan refugee

'A five-year-old Afghan refugee who fell to his death from a Sheffield hotel window has been identified by police.
It is reported Mohammed Munib Majeedi fell from a ninth-floor room where he was staying with his mother.
Emergency services were called to the OYO Metropolitan Hotel in Blonk Street, Sheffield, at about 14:30 BST
on Wednesday.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9871]

A fellow Afghan staying in the hotel said Mohammed's family arrived in the UK 15 days ago.
It is understood they were relocated to the UK as part of the Afghan Relocation and Assistance Policy (ARAP)
scheme.

The man, who worked as an interpreter for the British Army in Afghanistan, said one of his children alerted him
to the boy falling and he went outside to help. He was later asked to accompany Mohammed's mother to hospital
to translate.

He said everyone in the hotel had been left shocked by the incident. "They are so upset, they are so unhappy,"
he said. "Everybody, if you want to talk to them, they have no time because they are so bad, in a bad condition."

Another Afghan resident said he was in his room when he heard the boy fall. "His mother was in the room with
him," he said. "She was screaming, 'my son, my son'. When I came here [outside] I saw the ambulance and police
here."

He added: "They came here to save their lives, they came for a new life here, but unfortunately..."
The man said the eight to 10 Afghan families staying at the hotel were being moved to another hotel on Thursday
afternoon...'
Archived BBC Article:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9872]
Mohammed Munib Majeedi.

tinysurprised When they say 'no planes are leaving Kabul airport empty'... they're technically correct.
Someone has to fly them!

Quote:Ex-Royal Marine Paul 'Pen' Farthing sees wife leave Kabul on almost empty plane

'Paul 'Pen' Farthing tells Sky News how aircraft are taking off from Kabul airport every hour
"regardless of whether they're full or not", adding: "People can't get in, they cannot get into
the airport."...'

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9873]
(UK) Sky News:

Quote:No planes leaving empty says UK defence secretary

'No plane carrying Britons and Afghans from Kabul has left empty, the UK defence secretary has said.
Ben Wallace rejected reports that some flights from Kabul contained only a few people, saying the UK was
"absolutely ploughing through the numbers".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9874]
UK defence secretary Ben Wallace.

He told BBC Breakfast "every hour counts" and confirmed "the Taliban are letting our people through"...'
BBC:

On a different note -but still one that tells you your world isn't what you think it is via that TV in the corner of your room!

The below is accurate and taken from the UK's Governmental PDF advice statement. I deleted the reference numbers
in the paragraphs for easier reading, but nothing else has been removed.

Notice paragraph Two and the advice offered to 'cajole' the public into thinking a certain way.

Options for increasing adherence to social distancing measures
22nd March 2020

Education
1. Specificity: The guidance currently lacks clarity and specificity with regards to recommended behaviours.
For example, instead of the phrase ‘try to’, it should just say ‘do’. Phrases such as ‘as much as is practicable’, ‘non-essential’,
‘significantly limit’, and ‘gathering’ are open to wide differences in interpretation.

This can lead to confusion about exactly what people are being required to do (e.g. gathering outside or going for walks).
Guidance now needs to be reformulated to be behaviourally specific: who needs to do what (precisely) and why (explain
the rationale) and communicated through channels that provide personalised advice and account for individual circumstances
including SMS messaging and an interactive website.

Persuasion
2. Perceived threat: A substantial number of people still do not feel sufficiently personally threatened; it could be that they are
reassured by the low death rate in their demographic group, although levels of concern may be rising.

Having a good understanding of the risk has been found to be positively associated with adoption of COVID-19 social distancing
measures in Hong Kong. The perceived level of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent, using
hard-hitting emotional messaging. To be effective this must also empower people by making clear the actions they can take to
reduce the threat.

3. Responsibility to others: There seems to be insufficient understanding of, or feelings of responsibility about, people’s role in
transmitting the infection to others. This may have resulted in part from messaging around the low level of risk to most people
and talk of the desirability of building ‘herd immunity’.

Messaging needs to emphasise and explain the duty to protect others.
4. Positive messaging around actions: People need to see self-protective actions in positive terms and feel confident that they will
be effective. Individuals also need to understand that the survival of the severely ill will be increased by the capacity of the health care
system, which in turn will be increased by reducing the rise in infections now.

Messaging about actions need to be framed positively in terms of protecting oneself and the community, and increase confidence that
they will be effective.

5. Tailoring: Some people will be more persuaded by appeals to play by the rules, some by duty to the community, and some to personal
risk. All these different approaches are needed.

The messaging also needs to take account of the realities of different people’s lives. Messaging needs to take account
of the different motivational levers and circumstances of different people.
Link To PDF: