Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why we need a space force
When you have time or if you are interested listen to the following video. There is history and future discussed 
(12-19-2019, 10:35 AM)727Sky Wrote: When you have time or if you are interested listen to the following video. There is history and future discussed 

GiantThumbsUp
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Wow! Lots of disclosure in that speech!  minusculeclap

Everyone should take time to listen, and I'll do my part in spreading the word. I hope others will too. We can't allow China to get ahead of us; the human race depends on it.
I see they're taking the p*ss out of the 'Space Force' uniforms! Something tells me this isn't what it seems.

Quote:US Space Force mocked for unveiling camouflage uniforms.

'The US Space Force has defended its newly unveiled camouflage uniforms after they were roundly mocked
on social media.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7001]

The force, officially launched by US President Donald Trump last month, posted a picture of the uniform to its
Twitter account. The uniform in the picture has a woodland camouflage design with badges embroidered on
the arm and chest.
Reacting to the uniform, many critics had the same question: "Camo in space?"

One Twitter user asked: "Have they never seen space before?"
Another illustrated the difference between space and camouflage, which is designed to help military personnel
blend in with their surroundings.

The force explained its rationale in a tweeted response. It said it was "utilising current Army/Air Force uniforms"
and "saving costs of designing/producing a new one" in doing so. "Members will look like their joint counterparts
they'll be working with, on the ground," the force added in the tweet.
But the force may as well have been tweeting in a vacuum, as the derision continued unabated.

Quote:JRehling
@JRehling
Replying to @SpaceForceDoD @EsperDoD and 5 others
I know this is hard to understand, but on the left there is a picture of camouflage
and on the right there is a picture of space.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=7002]
Study these carefully until you can see the difference.

James Felton
@JimMFelton
Replying to @SpaceForceDoD @EsperDoD and 5 others
How many trees are you expecting to find in space

Flanked by US troops, Mr Trump officially launched the force at an army base near Washington in December last
year. Mr Trump said the force would help the US military "deter aggression" in what he called "the world's newest
war-fighting domain".

But the new military service, overseen by the US Air Force, is not intended to put troops into orbit.
Rather, it will protect US assets such as the hundreds of satellites used for communication and surveillance.
US Air Force Secretary Barbara Barrett said the Space Force would comprise about 16,000 air force and
civilian personnel.
The Trump administration has allocated $40m (£34m) to fund the force in its first year...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.