Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[England] A Satanic Panic?
We had a similar spate of activity here in the 1980's. At the time, I was living in Newport News, VA, because it had handy access to a whole lot of interesting and necessary locations. Langley AFB was located nearby in Hampton, Norfolk Naval Base and Little Creek were just across the river from me, to the north was Fort Eustis (lovingly referred to by alumni as "Fort Useless"), also a Naval Weapons Station (at Yorktown), and of course Camp Perry (AKA by certain CIA personnel as "The Farm") just across the peninsula from Fort Eustis . The only other area with such a concentration of useful and informative potential employers that I'm aware of is the Washington DC area itself.

Anyhow, there was a flurry of "Satanic activity" in that area, and to a lesser extent all the way across the state of Virginia. What brought it to mind was the mention of the sheep - someone, somewhere, had gotten hold of a sheep, "sacrificed" it, and left it in the center of a collection of "satanic" paraphernalia in the parking lot of a car dealership to the north of where I lived (towards Fort Eustis (US Army), Camp Peary(CIA), and the Yorktown NWS(US Navy)). I never saw any sheep in that area the whole time I lived there, which is why it mystified me that they would use a sheep. It's throat had been cut, and it's genitals removed and "relocated" to a different area of the parking lot. It was bizarre.

Other bizarre events of the time included a young lady in a high school who suddenly decided to go to school one day topless and damned near bottomless, bearing numerous scratches and cuts, and having various and sundry satanic symbols painted on her way too exposed person. I reckon the "exposure" was meant to highlight and display all the "work" done on her. Being well and long out of school myself at the time, I didn't get to see that particular spectacle in person. I learned of it from reports. That incident was combined with the sheep incident to portray the events as high school age kids dabbling in satanism and the occult as an explanation for WHY satanic activity had suddenly peaked in the area...

... but I still never found out where in the hell "high school kids" may have gotten  that goddamned sheep from, in the middle of a city with nothing but peanut fields and open water for a hundred miles around it! 

ETA: Some folks took that bait and ran with it - for example, I fired a fine young man working for me around that time because he carved a pentagram and the words "Hail Satan!" on a clipboard he was using. I'd probably have kept him, but it took more work to get any work out of him than he was worth. He carved up the clipboard with a wicked looking (but ultimately useless) knife he carried around that he said was a "sacrificial knife". He also stated that Satanists held a human sacrifice every year in Virginia Beach, using a homeless person or a runaway as the guest of honor at such events. I never confirmed that story - I just booted him in the ass and sent him packing down the road.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
[England] A Satanic Panic? - by BIAD - 11-22-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: [England] A Satanic Panic? - by Wallfire - 11-26-2019, 10:44 AM
RE: [England] A Satanic Panic? - by Wallfire - 11-30-2019, 10:09 AM
RE: [England] A Satanic Panic? - by BIAD - 11-30-2019, 10:20 AM
RE: [England] A Satanic Panic? - by Ninurta - 12-01-2019, 06:09 AM
RE: [England] A Satanic Panic? - by guohua - 12-01-2019, 10:31 PM
RE: [England] A Satanic Panic? - by Ninurta - 12-02-2019, 03:05 AM