Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pink Anomaly in Sky
Have you guys seen this?  Very odd.   tinybighuh  

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?
The closest I've seen is the pink clouds, and coincidentally, it was just a couple of days before this video was released, but in a different part of the world.

This picture was taken by Ashley Haskett Photography and posted in Smoky Mountain Living Magazine on October 28, 2019.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6608]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nope, never seen that before.
You think it is Strange?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(11-07-2019, 08:22 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Have you guys seen this?  Very odd.   tinybighuh  

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?
The closest I've seen is the pink clouds, and coincidentally, it was just a couple of days before this video was released, but in a different part of the world.

This picture was taken by Ashley Haskett Photography and posted in Smoky Mountain Living Magazine on October 28, 2019.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6608]

The two are not the same thing - the Smoky Mountain sunrise is not unusual, but the Trinidad thing IS.

The Trinidad phenomena appears to me to be globular, and therefore would not have any vertical or horizontal orientation - it looks round. The other cloud, above the US mainland, is not the same thing, either, That's a pretty common phenomena, related to a lenticular cloud although it is NOT a lenticular cloud, strictly speaking. I've seen it before, even with the fog enveloping the edges of the cloud.

Also, his overlay in Google Earth appears to be off by an order of magnitude, and the phenomena looks to be far, far larger than a half mile, but I may be wrong about that.

The pink hue on the bottom of the phenomenon may be related to the Smoky Mountain image in a way, however. The pinks and reds of a sunrise or sunset are caused by a combination of wavelength scattering (like a prism does) and something called "Rayleigh scattering". The same factors could contribute to that coloring in the Trinidad images.

No idea what it is, though, which is better than saying "oh my God, they found me!"

P.S. - is it just me, or did anyone else notice how the Trinidad phenomena resembled a Smiley face from space? Two dark spots on the northern edge looked like the eyes on a smiley face.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Ninurta" said,

Quote:The two are not the same thing - the Smoky Mountain sunrise is not unusual, but the Trinidad thing IS.

I know they're not the same thing. I was pointing out that the only thing pink I have seen in the sky are sunsets like that one.

Yes, I did notice the smiley face thing. I was also wondering if it could be a UFO hiding in the clouds.
(11-08-2019, 05:00 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I know they're not the same thing. I was pointing out that the only thing pink I have seen in the sky are sunsets like that one.

Not the same thing, but may be caused by the same thing - the spectral scatter and the Rayleigh scatter.

Quote:Yes, I did notice the smiley face thing. I was also wondering if it could be a UFO hiding in the clouds.

I suppose it's possible, but if so then they weren't hiding very good, since we could see them from both the ground and from space. They would need to be working on their hiding technology, since us mere primitive earthlings are light years ahead of them in that arena.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’