Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bataan death march and Dyess Airfocre Base
I am slightly miffed when I hear someone who knows little about history say it was wrong to nuke Japan. 

I can understand how their thinking goes but alas they do not consider the absolute atrocities committed by the Japanese against all the people they tried to subjugate . 

The Japanese are lucky there was anyone left alive on their islands due to the hatred they has fostered all over Asia and back in the USA. I used to hear stories from the old folks all over Asia about the Japanese and their war of conquest and those stories were, "NOT NICE"!

Amazing how advertising and Japanese cars have just about wiped the slate clean...which is a good thing IMO as hate can kill the hater just as it can kill the hated..

Anyway enough of my incoherent B.S. If you get a chance watch the video as I doubt you will regret it. 

Cheers Sky.

I worked with an old guy who had fought against the Japanese and was captured by them.
On the first day, I was warned never to bring up the subject or even mention the word 'Japanese' if he
was close by.

They'd tortured him and his memories were best kept untouched.
I only saw his reaction once and it left me wondering what they'd done to him.

minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(07-05-2019, 10:11 AM)727Sky Wrote: I am slightly miffed when I hear someone who knows little about history say it was wrong to nuke Japan. 

I can understand how their thinking goes but alas they do not consider the absolute atrocities committed by the Japanese against all the people they tried to subjugate . 

The Japanese are lucky there was anyone left alive on their islands due to the hatred they has fostered all over Asia and back in the USA. I used to hear stories from the old folks all over Asia about the Japanese and their war of conquest and those stories were, "NOT NICE"!

Amazing how advertising and Japanese cars have just about wiped the slate clean...which is a good thing IMO as hate can kill the hater just as it can kill the hated..

Anyway enough of my incoherent B.S. If you get a chance watch the video as I doubt you will regret it. 

Explanation: Excellent reminders ...

However ... unbalanced methinks ....

Firstly let me agree with you ...

What the fuck don't they understand about TOTAL WAR???

And now let me widen the context ...

Please don't forget our side commited warcrimes as well ok. The firebombing of Tokyo springs to mind and also the internment of the Japanese in the USA.

And let me again agree with you ...

My grandfather said the aussies rarely took any prisoners and they mostly shot all jap soldiers like they were stray dogs. YMMV ok!

Haters gonna hate ok ... But do we visit the sins of the father upon the children though? ...

Personal Disclosure: At least you admit it was a bit unbalanced by being slightly incoherent. You're forgiven ok. The vid is excellent if but narrowly focused historic FACTS. However I point out the bigger picture above.

The winners rewrite the history books to favor themselves and cast shade on those who lost. This is also fact.

It behooves us to remain above this petty crap and have a proper perspective.

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!