Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Happy Father's Day
Happy Dad's day to all of the dad's out there! tinycool

I got my gift this morning while I was sleeping and didn't see it coming. The wife had to work today so she left it on the table for me. It didn't come with instructions but when you have an eye-sore weed patch next the to garage and she buys 4 new shrubs, I get the point...

So me and the munchkin headed out in the sun to tackle this:

[Image: 9u6lao.jpg]

6 hours later, 2 bottles of Guinness, Ice Cream for the little one, and a sore back for Dad, we made this:

[Image: 242v8rn.jpg]

The weed patch is gone tinybiggrin

Mom's happy tinylaughing

And now I have an idea for Mother's day next year. I hope she likes painting!! giggling
Looks great! 

You should get a wonderful "father's day" present later...   :smallwink:   minusculegoodjob
Good Job !!!

Happy Father's Day DFC !!!

minusculethumbsup2 minusculethumbsup2
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Thank you thank you!

@"Mystic Wanderer" you know what my special present was? She took one look and her eyes got really big. She says "Oooo now we can do the same thing to the whole north side of the house!"

tinysure

But it sure beat sitting on the couch all day (even though in the back of mind that sounded like a good idea yesterday)
You and Munchkin did a great job   minusculethumbsup
Looks very nice

Hope you had a wonderful Father's Day!!     smallgreennumberone

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(06-19-2016, 10:24 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Thank you thank you!

@"Mystic Wanderer" you know what my special present was? She took one look and her eyes got really big. She says "Oooo now we can do the same thing to the whole north side of the house!"

tinysure

But it sure beat sitting on the couch all day (even though in the back of mind that sounded like a good idea yesterday)

Oh no!   smallcrackingup   Well, there's still several hours left before the day is over, so...   GiantThumbsUp
Very, Very Nice, She did all the work and you supervised and drank all the beer!!
Such a Little Cutie!!! tinybigeyes
No NOT YOU!!!! tinyhuh
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Great work, DFC
Got a beautiful helper, there.
Happy Dad's Day to you (& all the others), too!!!
My own Fathers Day started well....
With 4 nice Bottles of Craft Ale and a card on the breakfast table...

But that was shortly followed by a completely rank & inedible breakfast of chewy and dry scrambled egg on toast! (Made by my darling wife.)

Then the news that my darling first (and current) wife was attending an "event" for her work that day (even though it was a Sunday), and that I would be looking after our 2 boys on my own all day...

AND that the eldest had a TaiKwonDo grading at midday... which would last 2-3 hours... AND was in a different town.... so I'd have to drive him there.... so no beer.... AND I'd have to find something to occupy my 6 year old for 3 hours while big brother was doing his grading...

Oh, and I was going to miss out on what I had PLANNED to do with my day, watching Andy Murray in the Final of the Queens Club Tennis tournament (which is his final warm-up before Wimbledon) too!

(I ended up taking my young'un to a Country Park and we did have a nice time there, and my eldest passed his grading and will now be getting his "Blue-Belt" so that's cool. WELL DONE HIM!)

My "Fathers" evening ended up with me having to organise dinner because my darling wife hadn't had the time to shop or cook... because she had volunteered to work that day....

There were certainly no "special" presents! LOL and I ended the day, sitting on my own drinking red wine and watching a movie after my darling wife decided to go to bed, having had such a hard day!! ROFL

Ach well, there ends another day in the life of a "Dad".

G
LOL  Geez, your father's day was like my hubby's.
Technically, he got a bird bath.   That I wanted.  Oh, and to rototiill the garden for me.  

Lucky fellow.  But he got a really nice "thank you"

I hope all you dad's had a nice fathers day!
I received a lovely card from my son and I was surprised to find a strange
formation of a woven grass circle with odd-looking beads inserted in it
laid at the door of my conservatory on Father's Day morning.

Later, Boy In A Dress told me it was from him as he looked on me as the
nearest thing to Professor Charles Shaw, a man he deemed as his Father.
Though an idiot at times, the red-dressed creature is certainly still striving
to be human.
Biggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-20-2016, 05:50 PM)BIAD Wrote: I received a lovely card from my son and I was surprised to find a strange
formation of a woven grass circle with odd-looking beads inserted in it
laid at the door of my conservatory on Father's Day morning.

Later, Boy In A Dress told me it was from him as he looked on me as the
nearest thing to Professor Charles Shaw, a man he deemed as his Father.
Though an idiot at times, the red-dressed creature is certainly still striving
to be human.
Biggrin

YAY! my partner in crime is back!
Good Break?
G
(06-20-2016, 06:17 PM)gordi Wrote: YAY! my partner in crime is back!
Good Break?
G

Yes, it was enjoyable. There's a narrow-gauge railway that BIAD travelled around on
and terrified the passengers in his carriage by leaning out the window and showing his
mainland valuables.

The monoliths that are scattered around the Isle of Man had him cooing and whispering
as he touched the stone surfaces. We never saw a Manx cat, but we did see the four-horned
sheep called Loaghtan.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.