Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mueller's Going Home Now.
Even Burke and Hare would be ashamed!

Quote:Robert Mueller: Charging Trump was not an option.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5851]

'US Special Counsel Robert Mueller has said charging President Donald Trump with a crime was not an option,
in his first comments on the Russia inquiry. He reiterated that his report did not exonerate the president and that
legal guidelines prevent the indictment of a sitting president.

Mr Mueller did not rule out testifying in Congress but said he would not give information that was not in his report.

Reacting to the remarks, Mr Trump said: "The case is closed! Thank you."

Quote:Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

"Nothing changes from the Mueller Report.
There was insufficient evidence and therefore,
in our Country, a person is innocent.
The case is closed! Thank you."

As special counsel, Mr Mueller was tasked with investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
His 448-page report said it had not established that the Trump campaign criminally conspired with Russia to influence
the election.
However, it did detail 10 instances where Mr Trump had possibly attempted to impede the investigation.

What did Mueller say?
His statement largely reaffirmed what was in the report released with redactions last month.
He said if his team had had confidence that Mr Trump "clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so".

Mr Mueller added that "the Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a
sitting president of wrongdoing," in what was seen as a reference to the ability of Congress to start an impeachment
process.

The special counsel said he did not believe it was "appropriate to speak further" about the investigation and that he
would not provide any information that was not in his team's report.
With Democratic lawmakers seeking to have him testify in Congress, Mr Mueller said: "The report is my testimony."

He also announced the formal closure of the special counsel office and his resignation from the justice department to
return to private life.

What has the reaction been?
Several Democratic lawmakers have called on Congress to act and start impeachment proceedings.

"It is up to Congress to hold this president accountable. We need to start impeachment proceedings," said Senator
Kamala Harris, who is running for her party's 2020 presidential nomination. Senator Cory Booker, also a presidential
hopeful, said: "Congress has a legal and moral obligation to begin impeachment proceedings immediately."

But House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who has avoided talking about impeachment, said: "The Congress holds sacred its
constitutional responsibility to investigate and hold the President accountable for his abuse of power."

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler said "it falls to Congress to respond to the crimes, lies and other
wrongdoings of President Trump - and we will do so."

Representative Doug Collins, the top Republican at the committee, said "relitigating... and reinvestigating the special
counsel's findings will only further divide our country," adding that "it is time to move on".

The first Republican congressman to call for Mr Trump's impeachment, Representative Justin Amash, said:
"The ball is in our court, Congress."

Meanwhile White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said: "After two years, the Special Counsel is moving on with
his life, and everyone else should do the same."...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Yeah, he gave them another turd to chew on, while in the background A.G. Barr is getting ready to knock them on their a$$ with rides to GITMO.

I don't fear Impeachment because it will have to pass the Senate, and that's not going to happen. This is all just a big show for the public. Not good, in that it further divides the people in our country, but once the truth comes out in the DECLAS, the public will be able to see who the real crooks are and have been for decades.

GET YOUR POPCORN READY!

I posted this in one of my threads, but for those who may have missed it, I suggest you read this article by Neon Revolt to see what actually happened.

Dan Bongino breaks down six lies Mueller told in his speech today.  Listen and learn, Lefties!

You know, I love a good dog-and-pony show as much as the next guy, but even I am growing weary with the antics and calisthenics of DC. I mean, these jackasses were hired to do a job, namely to pass legislation to benefit America (hence why they are called the "legislative branch"), and instead of going to work, they lie around all day doing nothing but bitch and moan that they lost an election! Get the hell over it and GET TO WORK!

You had ONE GODDAMNED JOB! ONE JOB, and screwed the pooch instead!

So, while they piss and moan all day, we're being invaded across the southern border, and being raped by the insurance/medical industry day in and day out. Get the hell to work and protect our people, asswipes! I don't know if there are enough lamp posts in DC to hang all the useless eaters there!
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(05-30-2019, 05:56 AM)Ninurta Wrote: You know, I love a good dog-and-pony show as much as the next guy, but even I am growing weary with the antics and calisthenics of DC. I mean, these jackasses were hired to do a job, namely to pass legislation to benefit America (hence why they are called the "legislative branch"), and instead of going to work, they lie around all day doing nothing but bitch and moan that they lost an election! Get the hell over it and GET TO WORK!...

The impression I have and I'm not confused by the gate-keeping media, is that the majority of political servants
portray their profession/careers in the form of a public entertainment experience.

I can understand that the failing of the dumbed-down project from previous years may not have been mentally
absorbed by these aloof political parties and that they still believe most voters perceive members of Congress
and the Senate as TV celebrities.
Gravitas is no longer sexy.

But real politics is negotiation, attentive to weaknesses to use to further an agenda and understanding a political
view in order agree or counter. There are no foam-wrapped cudgels, skin-tight uniforms and over-the-top facial
features that are regular in a soap-opera.

A logical suggestion is just that, a thought-out idea that could be enhanced or reduced, but not ignored because
of the suggester. Currently, the political parties in the US or the UK seem to be playing to an audience instead of
engaging in governance.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.