Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
This really does not sound like him IMO but I will post it anyway simply for the truth it contains.
Quote:MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
Trey Gowdy, a former South Carolina Congressman, responded to a question from a CNN reporter about the ban of transgenders from joining the U.S. armed forces.  As Trey typically does so very well, he nailed it rather succinctly

Question:  How can President Trump claim to represent all U.S citizens, regardless of sexual orientation, when he banned transgenders from joining the military?  Isn't that discrimination?

Trey Gowdy's Response:

"Nobody has a right to serve in the Military.  Nobody!  What makes you people think the Military is an equal opportunity employer?  It is very far from it - and for good reasons - let me cite a few" 

"The Military uses prejudice regularly and consistently to deny citizens from joining for being too old or too young, too fat or too skinny, too tall or too short.  Citizens are denied
for having flat feet, or for missing or additional fingers." he went on to explain:  "By the way, poor eyesight will disqualify you, as well as bad teeth.  Malnourished?  Drug addiction?  Bad back?  Criminal history?  Low IQ?  Anxiety? Phobias? Hearing damage?  
Hear voices in your head?  Self-identification as a Unicorn?  Need a special access ramp for your wheelchair?"
"Can't run the required course in the required time? Can't do the required number of push-ups?  Not really a morning person? and refuse to get out of bed before noon?  All can be legitimate
reasons for denial"
"The Military has one job:  Winning War.  Anything else is a distraction and a liability.  Did someone just scream, "That isn't Fair!"   War is VERY unfair, there are no exceptions made
for being special or challenged or socially wonderful."
"YOU must change yourself to meet Military standards and not the other way around."
"I say again: You don't change the Military - you must change yourself.  The Military is not about being fair, it is about taking advantage of others and about winning.
The Military doesn't need to accommodate anyone with special issues.   The Military needs to Win Wars and keep our Country safe - PERIOD!"
"If any of your personal issues are a liability that detract from readiness or lethality...  Thank you for applying and good luck in future endeavors."
"..any other questions?"

(05-29-2019, 02:49 PM)727Sky Wrote: This really does not sound like him IMO but I will post it anyway simply for the truth it contains.
Quote:Nobody has a right to serve in the Military.  Nobody!  What makes you people think the Military is an equal opportunity employer?

One of the things folks don't take into account is simple reliability.  Let's say you've got a 5-ton truck that needs to be loaded, driven to a destination, and unloaded when it arrives.  You've got four guys assigned to that detail, yet only three of 'em show up for work.

The fourth guy is away for his weekly visit with a shrink.  This is one of those little discussed bits of baggage that go along with that territory.  I think military leadership was taken back by it initially, but now they want even MOAR.

In the meantime there are three guys (or less) doing the work of four.

I saw this topic raising its ugly head in the news again this week.  Will be interesting to see if President Trump keeps getting his way.  Most people would be astonished at the percentages on non-straight people serving in uniform.  I only ever saw one out at the tip of the spear ... and that dude was a frikkin' warrior.  All the other ones I saw were REMFs.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Love me some Trey Gowdy!   minusculeclap
Hi, Mr. G. here, I knew of two in our Infantry Platoon in Vietnam in 1969.
One was our radio man, carried a PRC-77 and it had to weigh 20 or 30 pounds with the big ass battery and then the extra battery and antenas.
He carried that thru the Jungle and slept with the hand mic on his ear encase Battalion called or @"727Sky"  needed an LZ cleared.

The other gay guy was one of our assistant M-60 Gunner and he carried the Heavy ass Tripod and a M-79 with Phishet and HE rounds.
Would not have known, except myself, those two and my best friend went on R&R at Pattaya Beach in Thailand and they were inseparable day and night, especially night.
That was okay, a shock at first but we just didn't care, these two guys were very dependable when contact was made or in an abush setting just as good or better than most I served with.

The problem today I think is they've been programed to think of themselves as Victims and are owed special privileges.  
The gays of my day in the Military didn't Flaunt their gayness or demand to be treated special, they did their job and no one cared so much.
JMHO
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-30-2020, 10:49 PM)guohua Wrote: Hi, Mr. G. here, I knew of two in our Infantry Platoon in Vietnam in 1969.
One was our radio man, carried a PRC-77 and it had to weigh 20 or 30 pounds with the big ass battery and then the extra battery and antenas.
He carried that thru the Jungle and slept with the hand mic on his ear encase Battalion called or @"727Sky"  needed an LZ cleared.

The other gay guy was one of our assistant M-60 Gunner and he carried the Heavy ass Tripod and a M-79 with Phishet and HE rounds.
Would not have known, except myself, those two and my best friend went on R&R at Pattaya Beach in Thailand and they were inseparable day and night, especially night.
That was okay, a shock at first but we just didn't care, these two guys were very dependable when contact was made or in an abush setting just as good or better than most I served with.

The problem today I think is they've been programed to think of themselves as Victims and are owed special privileges.  
The gays of my day in the Military didn't Flaunt their gayness or demand to be treated special, they did their job and no one cared so much.
JMHO

Mr. G, I have to agree with you. There were plenty of homosexuals in the military when I was in. Both males and females. They didn't make a big deal about it and no one else made a big deal out of it. It wasn't even an issue of "don't ask, don't tell". It was an issue of, I mind my business you mind yours. I won't tell if you won't.

The military always had a rule of no public displays of affection, and there was always a basic core of ethics that we were expected to dress in and to wear. It is about uniformity and everyone being on the same page. If you want individuality, the military is not for you.

As described in the OP, the military is about getting the job done. That may involve breaking even some of their own rules. The military tries to make an attempt at being fair, as long as being fair doesn't stand in the way of the mission. In life and death situations, sometimes rules have to be broken, and careers are put at risk. We have all heard the stories and seen the movies. Ask Navy Capt. Brett Crozier.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" 

My one question is how will the U S Submarine Service be effected with all our new Submarines being Gender Neutral so women can serve on Submarines.
What is the exact meaning Gender Neutral on a Submarine? 

Do the opposite sexes share bunk sleeping areas and bathrooms, is that what Gender Neutral Means?
(05-29-2019, 02:49 PM)727Sky Wrote: This really does not sound like him IMO but I will post it anyway simply for the truth it contains.
Quote:MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
Trey Gowdy, a former South Carolina Congressman, responded to a question from a CNN reporter about the ban of transgenders from joining the U.S. armed forces.  As Trey typically does so very well, he nailed it rather succinctly

Question:  How can President Trump claim to represent all U.S citizens, regardless of sexual orientation, when he banned transgenders from joining the military?  Isn't that discrimination?

Trey Gowdy's Response:

"Nobody has a right to serve in the Military.  Nobody!  What makes you people think the Military is an equal opportunity employer?  It is very far from it - and for good reasons - let me cite a few" 

"The Military uses prejudice regularly and consistently to deny citizens from joining for being too old or too young, too fat or too skinny, too tall or too short.  Citizens are denied
for having flat feet, or for missing or additional fingers." he went on to explain:  "By the way, poor eyesight will disqualify you, as well as bad teeth.  Malnourished?  Drug addiction?  Bad back?  Criminal history?  Low IQ?  Anxiety? Phobias? Hearing damage?  
Hear voices in your head?  Self-identification as a Unicorn?  Need a special access ramp for your wheelchair?"
"Can't run the required course in the required time? Can't do the required number of push-ups?  Not really a morning person? and refuse to get out of bed before noon?  All can be legitimate
reasons for denial"
"The Military has one job:  Winning War.  Anything else is a distraction and a liability.  Did someone just scream, "That isn't Fair!"   War is VERY unfair, there are no exceptions made
for being special or challenged or socially wonderful."
"YOU must change yourself to meet Military standards and not the other way around."
"I say again: You don't change the Military - you must change yourself.  The Military is not about being fair, it is about taking advantage of others and about winning.
The Military doesn't need to accommodate anyone with special issues.   The Military needs to Win Wars and keep our Country safe - PERIOD!"
"If any of your personal issues are a liability that detract from readiness or lethality...  Thank you for applying and good luck in future endeavors."
"..any other questions?"

*Boom*

Truth Bomb.

tinyangry
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
I know nothing about the military. Aren't there non-combat support roles that these people would be completely capable and qualified to perform?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
(07-31-2020, 04:30 AM)Freija Wrote: I know nothing about the military. Aren't there non-combat support roles that these people would be completely capable and qualified to perform?

Yes, they are called civilian roles.  

Civilians of all stripes can and do work in military environments, usually as support personnel.

I'm a fat old man.  Bad back, bad knees, can hardly walk some days.  Should I force the NBA to hire me as a star center?

tinywondering
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-31-2020, 04:40 AM)beez Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 04:30 AM)Freija Wrote: I know nothing about the military. Aren't there non-combat support roles that these people would be completely capable and qualified to perform?

Civilians of all stripes can and do work in military environments, usually as support personnel.

I'm a fat old man.  Bad back, bad knees, can hardly walk some days.  Should I force the NBA to hire me as a star center?

tinywondering

I'm sorry, that's a ridiculous analogy and a conflation of the question The vast majority of personnel never see a battlefield nor are they in an area of conflict.
internet Agent Provocateur
(07-31-2020, 04:49 AM)Antisthenes Wrote:

tinywondering

I'm sorry, that's a ridiculous analogy and a conflation of the question  The vast majority of personnel never see a battlefield nor are they in an area of conflict.

The vast majority of people hired by the NBA never toss a basketball.

tinywhat
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-31-2020, 04:53 AM)beez Wrote:

tinywondering

I'm sorry, that's a ridiculous analogy and a conflation of the question  The vast majority of personnel never see a battlefield nor are they in an area of conflict.

tinywhat

Is there a point here somewhere? tinysurprised
internet Agent Provocateur
(07-31-2020, 05:09 AM)Antisthenes Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 04:53 AM)beez Wrote:

tinywondering

tinywhat

Is there a point here somewhere? tinysurprised

Let the people physically and mentally capable of doing their job, DO their job.
-Abraham Lincoln
@"guohua" 

Quote:Hi, Mr. G. here, I knew of two in our Infantry Platoon in Vietnam in 1969.
He carried that thru the Jungle and slept with the hand mic on his ear encase Battalion called or @727Sky  needed an LZ cleared.

First, thank you for your service in what was ultimately a thankless* war.  Were you by any chance in the 25th Division "Tropic Lightning" ?

Yeah, the radios and heavy weapons were such a joy to haul around.  Got to say the "prick" was a rugged piece of gear, even if the electronics were not always the most reliable.  Kept the Comm-El maintenance folks busy.

* - Except I have heard expressions of thanks for the S Viets who were lucky enough to escape the regime change.  Thanks not directed at me, but members of my family who served there.

Yeah, I'm off topic.  Straighten me out if needed, mods.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-31-2020, 07:56 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"guohua" 

Quote:Hi, Mr. G. here, I knew of two in our Infantry Platoon in Vietnam in 1969.
He carried that thru the Jungle and slept with the hand mic on his ear encase Battalion called or @727Sky  needed an LZ cleared.

First, thank you for your service in what was ultimately a thankless* war.  Were you by any chance in the 25th Division "Tropic Lightning" ?

Yeah, the radios and heavy weapons were such a joy to haul around.  Got to say the "prick" was a rugged piece of gear, even if the electronics were not always the most reliable.  Kept the Comm-El maintenance folks busy.

* - Except I have heard expressions of thanks for the S Viets who were lucky enough to escape the regime change.  Thanks not directed at me, but members of my family who served there.

Cheers

Hi, I was with the 9th Inf. Div. 1/60 th. My second tour was with the 75th Inf. Div. yes I should have known better. Then I was sent to Ft. Kobbe 3\5 of the 193rd Inf. Brig. in the Republic of Panama to teach jungle Warfare tactics.

You need not worry about the MODS here, they are Friendly and are not Strict like ATS would have been.
(07-31-2020, 08:31 AM)guohua Wrote:

Cheers

Hi, I was with the 9th Inf. Div. 1/60 th. My second tour was with the 75th Inf. Div. yes I should have known better. Then I was sent to Ft. Kobbe 3\5 of the 193rd Inf. Brig. in the Republic of Panama to teach jungle Warfare tactics.

You need not worry about the MODS here, they are Friendly and are not Strict like ATS would have been.

Hmmm.... I was attatched to the 9th Inf Div in Vietnam, in Camp Eagle up north for a month or so.
[Image: download.png]
We called it flower Power...  those were good times..
100% on point. 

I don't want to serve with people who are already mentally broken.
(07-31-2020, 02:50 PM)PLOTUS Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 08:31 AM)guohua Wrote:

Cheers

Hmmm.... I was attatched to the 9th Inf Div in Vietnam, in Camp Eagle up north for a month or so.
[Image: download.png]
We called it flower Power...  those were good times..

Our garrison HQ was out of Binh Duong, but we were everywhere, mostly air lifted or deployed out of the Mekong Delta area. 
We were attached most of the time with the 3rd. Brigad, we were a kind of, special in our operations.
(07-30-2020, 10:49 PM)guohua Wrote: Hi, Mr. G. here, I knew of two in our Infantry Platoon in Vietnam in 1969.

JMHO

And that is as it should be. They don't need to tell, I ain't gonna ask. No one cares. Just do your damned job - no one gives a shit where you choose to park your pecker as long as it's not in their wife.

I can see transgenders being a little more problematic, though - where would you assign them? Which ratings systems would they have to follow for PE - male or female? It has the potential to just get way too confusing, for both them and the military, and especially the soldiers who have to work and tiptoe around them.

A gay man is still a man, so you know where to assign him, and what PE standards he has to adhere to. Same for a gay woman - she's still a woman. Trans is a whole new dimension, a whole new can of worms with no straight answers - no pun intended. The military likes straight answers, and solid structure.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Yes, there are support roles, but even those soldiers have to adhere to PT requirements and housing. Communal showers, for example, might become problematic.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’