Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mystery Object Breaks Saturn's F Ring
[Image: 27552643342_dc27035625_o.jpg]

Quote:Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 3:11 PM - Images sent back from Saturn by NASA's Cassini space probe have revealed something very interesting. Some mystery object created a large disruption in the planet's thin, wispy F ring.

Whoa!  That was a good capture by the Space Probe! 

Quote:In all of Saturn's expansive system of icy rings, the most unusual of them is the thin, wispy F ring, which lies just beyond the main disk.
Shepherded by the gravitational influence of the planet's tiny moon, Prometheus (which does not make an appearance in these images), the F ring frequently sports strange patterns and structures, such as braids, clumps, ripples and jets.
On April 8, 2016, NASA's Cassini spacecraft was outbound on one of its orbits around the planet, when its cameras captured something large and unusual along this thin ring.

Watch this "thing" as it flies through the ring:

[Image: 27618417966_dfe3db09b6_o.gif]
This time-lapse animation combines several images from Cassini, taken in visible light on April 8, 2016, which show the passage of three of Saturn's moons, and the large disruption in the F ring. Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/Space Science Institute/S. Sutherland

According to NASA:

Quote:More likely, it was created by the interaction of a small object embedded in the ring itself and material in the core of the ring. Scientists sometimes refer to these features as "jets."
Because these bodies are small and embedded in the F ring itself, they are difficult to spot at the resolution available to NASA's Cassini spacecraft. Instead, their handiwork reveals their presence, and scientists use the Cassini spacecraft to study these stealthy sculptors of the F ring.

Could be ice or space junk, but it could be "something else".  NASA would never tell us if it was a UFO.

Read more about this from the Source Page
There is also a video to watch there that I can't post here.
Just an Excellent Find!!!!  mediumalien
UFO,,, I'd Believe it!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Shameless bump for the new members.
Never
A
Straight
Answer

Or so it seems at times.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Maybe it's a probe from a primitive planet like ours. Interesting indeed. Amazing the images we can see. I imagine there's images they wont show us minusculebonker
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8031]
Yesterday I watched a movie, starring Mila Kunis called Jupitor Ascending. In the movie the planet we see was like a clowd cover with the real civilization beneath it. Just food for thought when you think of these gas Giants. What-if is always fun....