Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Story Of Goodness For A Change.
In a world where some people see their lifestyles as a sh*t-sandwich with deceit and mockery waiting around
the corner for dessert, there's others who spread a little light in this time of encroaching shadows.

Quote:Sixty strangers attend man's funeral in Redruth.

'About 60 strangers turned up to the funeral of a man they had never met after an appeal from the vicar.
Terence Filer, 85, died at St Martin's House Care Home in Camborne, Cornwall on 2 January.
The funeral directors and Cornwall Council attempted to find people who knew him but with no success.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5248]

This prompted the vicar to appeal for people to attend his funeral in Redruth.
Rev Caspar Bush said it was unusual.
"On the form from the funeral directors it said 'this man had no friends or relatives, and nothing is known of
his life'," he said. "It just struck me as incredibly sad so thought we ought to try and do something to try and
give him a good send off."

After some investigation, it was discovered Mr Filer lived in Newquay for a time and had learning difficulties.
It is also thought he hailed from Bristol but had no known next of kin or close friends to mourn his death.
The only possessions passed to the funeral director was an ice-cream tub full of more than 50 American
style belt buckles.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5249]

For this reason Rev Bush chose the John Denver's song 'Take Me Home Country Roads' to be part of the
service. One of the guests who attended, called Ann, said: "Even if he never married or had children he was
still somebody's son, somebody's grandson.
"What if they were looking down thinking nobody even saw his passing."

As well as 60 guests from across Cornwall, a local business also donated 75 pasties so a wake could be held
in the church afterwards...'
BBC:

RIP Terence... I hope Elvis gives you an original belt-buckle, man.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
WoW. 85 years old with nothing more than a Bucket of American Style Belt Buckles. He may have been a Veteran. R.I.P Terence.
Quote:RIP Terence... I hope Elvis gives you an original belt-buckle, man.

@"BIAD"  One of my Aunts just whispered in my ear, if Elvis doesn't she'll give Terence one from her collection  minusculebeercheers
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(02-08-2019, 11:16 PM)guohua Wrote: @"BIAD"  One of my Aunts just whispered in my ear, if Elvis doesn't she'll give Terence one from her collection  minusculebeercheers

minusculebeercheers  and thank your Aunt!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
That's very nice of the towns people to do this. It would be a sad send off to die and have no one there who cared.

R.I.P.  Sir.