Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Crypto boss dies with passwords needed to unlock customer accounts
(03-06-2019, 10:40 PM)BIAD Wrote: It could be that this guy may have not taken the password to $190 million crypto-currency to his grave,
he may have just taken the electronic-Benjamins and done a runner!

Quote:QuadrigaCX: Crypto wallets were emptied eight months before Gerald Cotten's death.

Funds lost to irrecoverable password turn out to be missing altogether as auditors investigate the company's financials.

'Questions have been raised by auditors after digital wallets expected to contain millions in cryptocurrency were found to
be empty following the death of Quadriga CX founder Gerald Cotten. Mr Cotten, 30, died "due to complications with Crohn's
disease" while travelling to open an orphanage in India in December, according to his wife Jennifer Robertson.

Auditors Ernst & Young, who were brought in to help recover the cryptocurrency, managed to gain access to Mr Cotten's laptop,
but discovered that the digital wallets held there had been emptied in April 2018 -eight months before his death.
It also noted 14 suspicious user accounts had been created on the Quadriga trading platform outside of the normal process for
creating client accounts.

Some are questioning whether Mr Cotten is even dead and others have accused the company of lying to them...'
SKY News:

From my OP:

Quote:Being the critical thinker I am, I have to wonder if this guy didn't fake his death so he could steal all that money for his own? He was in India to open a Orphanage when he died?  Umm... yeah, right. 

I think my BS meter has been pretty good lately. Glad to see I'm not the only one questioning this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crypto boss dies with passwords needed to unlock customer accounts - by Mystic Wanderer - 03-07-2019, 12:49 AM