Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Liam Neesam Did Something & Didn't.
Some say the mainstream media is dying... I say how can that be?!!!!!!
tinylaughing

Quote:Liam Neeson in racism storm after admitting he wanted to kill a black man.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5213]

'Actor Liam Neeson is facing a major racism storm after admitting he once set out to kill an innocent black man.
He said he walked the streets with a weapon for a week years ago, hoping to take out his anger after someone
close to him was raped by a black man.

The Hollywood star said he was ashamed of his actions, but his remarks have sparked widespread outrage.
Neeson hasn't commented further since the interview was published by The Independent on Monday.

He was speaking to promote his new film Cold Pursuit, a thriller about a man who seeks retribution after his son
is murdered. Asked how his character turns to anger, the actor replied that "something primal" kicks in when a
someone close to you is the victim of violence.

He said: "God forbid you've ever had a member of your family hurt under criminal conditions.
I'll tell you a story. This is true."

Neeson said the alleged rape took place a long time ago and he found out about it when he came back from a
trip abroad. The actor went on to use racially offensive language about the attacker.
He said: "She handled the situation of the rape in the most extraordinary way.

"But my immediate reaction was... I asked, did she know who it was? No. What colour were they?
She said it was a black person.

"I went up and down areas with a cosh, hoping I'd be approached by somebody -I'm ashamed to say that -and I did
it for maybe a week, hoping some [uses air quotes with fingers] 'black bastard' would come out of a pub and have
a go at me about something, you know? So that I could kill him."

Neeson has been subject to huge criticism for the comments.

The journalist who did the interview, Clémence Michallon, told BBC News: "Anyone hearing the thoughts that he's
reporting here would be shocked and appalled in many ways, and he himself says he is ashamed to think of the
way he used to think and says it's awful, so of course that shock set in really quickly."...'

Quick, we need a pearl-clutching journalist to make this social media outrage worse.

Quote:'...In an accompanying article in The Independent, columnist Kuba Shand-Baptiste wrote: "What immediately struck
me when reading about his revelation was how deeply the white supremacist trope of the 'black brute' versus the
'helpless woman' appears to have permeated society."...'

F*ck it... we need another or we'll have to go outside into the real world and investigate real news.

Quote:'...Los Angeles Times columnist Carla Hall wrote that his conduct was "despicable", adding that she now wants him
to talk about whether he has dealt with "whatever racism he still harbours".

She wrote: "Was he a racist or just a tightly wound man capable of vindictive violence? Or was he both?
Of course, he was a racist. He was roaming the streets trying to find a random black man to kill.
"And he gave every indication of being capable of violence. That's a pretty explosive combination.
And his revelation about himself is deeply disturbing. The question is, how much has he changed since then?"...'

Why is Neeson not getting a pass? Weren't Irish people slaves too?! He played Rob Roy in a movie of the same name,
but Gordi and Co. didn't spurge out and scream he was insulting their country.
Oh yeah... I forgot. They're adults.

Meanwhile back the coal-face of bedroom propaganda...

Quote:'On Twitter, Frederick Joseph, who works for better representation in the media, wrote that Neeson's story
"just shows how meaningless and inconsequential black lives are to some".

@FredTJoseph
Liam Neeson being ready to take any Black life over what one person
allegedly did just shows how meaningless and inconsequential black
lives are to some. 
Even him telling the story demonstrates a level of privilege and
understating that there may not be repercussions.

@MajorPhilebrity
What’s most disturbing about what Liam Neeson said is everything.
But what’s particularly terrifying is the idea that the death of any other
Black guy would satisfy the revenge quota to the clear indication is
that he knows his whiteness would protect if he followed through on it

@ItsTheSafePlace
Being upset someone attacked your family is understandable, but
Targeting innocent black men for a week with a weapon, when you
didn't even know WHO did it is racist. Do you know how many
innocent black people have lost their lives in the past for stuff like
this? THIS IS NOT OK.

@msshanitarenee
Racism n white privilege is so pervasive, #LiamNeeson felt comfortable
enough 2 tell the world the walked around a community in search of a
random Black person 2 provoke and kill because he was angry.
He prob anticipated this would come w/ no consequences.
And he might be right.

Neeson referred back to his comments later in the interview, adding: "It was horrible, horrible, when I think back,
that I did that. And I've never admitted that, and I'm saying it to a journalist. God forbid.
"It's awful. But I did learn a lesson from it."

@EricDSnider
Liam Neeson had a terrible impulse that he didn't act on, that he knows was
terrible, and that he learned from. If we're going to cancel people for being
TEMPTED to do wrong, or for struggling with something before coming to
the right conclusion ... well, we're going to be busy.

@verbalforeplay
Keep in mind #LiamNeeson didn’t address his inner racist thoughts,
he only addressed that revenge is wrong. For all y’all who are rushing
to defend his mentality.

Some said Neeson should not be castigated for admitting such thoughts but realising they were wrong and saying
he had learned from them.However, others pointed out that he didn't specifically acknowledge any underlying racial
motivations.

The 66-year-old, who is best known for Schindler's List and the thriller series Taken, also described growing up around
violence in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, during the Troubles.
"I knew a couple of guys that died on hunger strike, and I had acquaintances who were very caught up in the Troubles,
and I understand that need for revenge, but it just leads to more revenge, to more killing and more killing, and Northern
Ireland's proof of that.

"All this stuff that's happening in the world, the violence, is proof of that, you know. But that primal need, I understand."...'
BBC:

But nothing really happened except his female friend was raped, but that's just a small part of the story.
tinysure

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
You'd think actors in HollyWierd would know by now not to mention things that happened years ago, especially coming from a white man involving black people, if they want to keep their careers.  tinysurprised

Bless the media, they just can't help but blow things up out of proportion.  Must have been a slow news day.

Or maybe a white man wanting to kill a black man is a major story for today's audience.   minusculethinking
(02-05-2019, 05:28 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: You'd think actors in HollyWierd would know by now not to mention things that happened years ago, especially coming from a white man involving black people, if they want to keep their careers.  tinysurprised

Bless the media, they just can't help but blow things up out of proportion.  Must have been a slow news day.

Or maybe a white man wanting to kill a black man is a major story for today's audience.   minusculethinking

It'll be the third one as the MSM believe it gets decent mileage.

See how Hollywood ass-lickers deflect from an alleged black male supposedly raping a woman to a white
guy talking about his anger -anger that was never actually vented on anyone, and that nothing really
happened.

Reality doesn't live on social media, that's why the mainstream media and internet influencers use the expression: 
Imagine if it was..."

It's easy to do. If I saw Mystic wearing a swastika armband as she visits the store, it's obvious that she's in with
the wrong sort and ergo, deceiving her fellow members on this site. But it's all based on 'if' and from there, any
narrative can be created.

We forget realities like distance, the situation at the time, relevant reasons not displayed and down-right bias.

And they think kinda sh*t will save their journalist trade!!!!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.