Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
20 DEAD AT NIGHTCLUB!?
Holy wow. What a horrible story to wake up to:

Orlando Nightclub Shooting

Quote:Approximately 20 people are dead inside Pulse, a gay nightclub, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said Sunday morning, just hours after a shooter opened fire in the club. At least 42 people have been transported for medical treatment, he said.
Police have shot and killed the gunman, Mina told reporters.

"It's appears he was organized and well-prepared," the chief said, adding that the shooter had an assault-type weapon, a handgun and "some type of (other) device on him."
At least nine officers were involved in the shootout, Mina said. Several coroner vans were seen traveling toward the nightclub.

I'm going to check a few other places that I read, CNN makes my eyes burn. But just wow.

I'll update this as I find out more.

Quote:Sources have confirmed to CBS News that authorities are investigating whether the suspect, Omar Mateen, had ties to Islamic terrorism. Mateen is a U.S. citizen with no apparent criminal history, according to sources.

The "I" word just came up...

ETA: Interesting to Note. Fox News Immediately says "Radical Islamic Terror" (it says that on foxnews.com in the title) and doesn't mention "Assault Weapon" for like 5 paragraphs. Fox News

(quote not working)

NBC News mentions terrorism (but leans towards "domestic") and brings up Assault Style sooner. NBC News

(quote not working)

For some reason I can't add quotes (when I copy and paste the quote if just pastes nothing). I was trying to point out how Fox says Islamic Terrorism and puts "assault weapon" in parentheses. NBC says "Domestic Terror" in parentheses and Assault weapon as a bold matter of fact. Nothing that's new to anybody here, it's just refreshing to see these two sides very much playing up their niche. tinywondering
Targeting gays in America would not surprise me, they throw them off rooftops in their countries ffs.

But I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet.

Some crazy ass people out there. Orlando is being hit hard right now. Just a few days ago, Christina Grimmie, a past contestant of "The Voice" and youtube sensation was also gunned down.

My prayers and thoughts to the families of everyone who's lost their lives in these past couple of days.

For NO GOOD reasons.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
What a terrible occurrence! My thoughts and prayers to all those affected.

I woke up to this story all over the news too. It will be interesting to see if they can make sense of this crime.
CNN now reporting 50 people dead...and at least 53 injured...

Quote:Orlando, Florida (CNN)Fifty people were killed inside Pulse, a gay nightclub, Orlando Police Chief John Mina and other officials said Sunday morning, just hours after a shooter opened fire in the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando...index.html

Even though there was loss of life, I smell a false flag here!   minusculethinking 

The "powers that be" are up against a wall, and they are losing the battle, if what I've been reading from people "in the know" is true.

They are bringing out the "big guns" in a last attempt to get the American people riled up enough so they can declare Martial Law. The big "O" needs something to happen in a major way so he can use Martial Law to keep himself in power... his time is running out!

I feel really bad about all the deaths of innocent people who were used by these evil bastards as a means to and end. minusculecrybaby

The world we live in has been corrupted to a point that, if and when, the people DO cause an uprising, it will be to go after the evil psychopaths in power that keep "staging" these type of events, NOT the innocent people who are making their own choices for how they wish to live, whom they choose to love, or which god they choose to serve!  smallnotamused

And, as for Christina...  my heart sank when I saw that in the news yesterday.  She was one of my favorites on The Voice.  Such a talented young woman... such a loss to the world.

May all these innocent people rest in peace, and may those responsible BURN IN HELL!!!! tinyok
Marital Law?

Been there, done that, lost everything but the shirt on my back.

Perhaps you meant Martial Law? : )

I don't know if it's a false flag. But it's insane, no matter what it is.
Last we heard, possible terrorist connections.

His social media has been taken down, FBI looking at it.
Plus mentioned Father being questioned  (????)

According to news report, ISIS had made a threat (warning) that Florida would be targeted.

Radical Islam hate gays.
They have been known to tbrow them off buildings.

Will be curious what all they find out, especially if teorrist related as they suspect.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

I have read in one of the comments somewhere that an Imam in Orlando had been promoting the idea that getting rid of gays was an act of compassion.

If that is true, then there needs to be laws and regulations set up for mosques, where indoctrination and hate is instigated under a false mask of peace.

If that is true, then there needs to be surveillance for mosques, inside out.

Before it's too late.
IMO - Those that would do something like this, and use their religion (religious indoctrination) as just cause...don't need a religion to justify their acts, anyway.

There are plenty of others sitting in the same temples, mosques, synagogues & churches that don't go through with such acts --- so, why the few that do?

It may seem, because the news magnifies such acts, that Islamic Terrorism is the greatest threat to civilization since Adolph Hitler...but, in my own family, over the course of 6 months, I've seen 2 husbands attempt to murder their wives (1 succeeded).  No religious motivation in either case.  Yet, these are/were acts of terror.  And they happen day in and day out all across the land.

Is everyone capable of such acts?
minusculewtf

I think that is a legitimate question.
Shooter called 911 just before the attack to pledge allegiance to ISIS.

News is, and will be for days, having a field day with it. It was not just any 103 Americans shot, it was gays. They weren't shot with just any old gun, it was what leftists euphemistically call an "assault weapon" - never mind that it was nothing of the sort, it was, to the best of my understanding, a run of the mill AR-15 which is just a flashy-looking semi-auto rifle. "Assault weapons" are, by definition, selective fire.

I don't give a rats ass what the sexual orientation of the victims were, What they do on their own time and their own dime concerns me nary a whit. it's enough that they were Americans, on American soil. That is quite enough to warrant a severe carpet bombing of Mosul and Raqqa both. Just erase them from the map, leave nothing but smoking craters and atomized rubble.

The left appears to be torn, however. it's a conflict between two pet groups to them, gays and Muslims. Can't attack either of those, so lets go for guns instead!

Shooter was a licensed and bonded security officer. We carry guns. we're still gonna carry guns after the rest of the populace is entirely disarmed, just like cops and soldiers are still gonna carry guns. It's a red herring to hammer on "the easy availability of guns in America" when the shooter is licensed and bonded and can get and carry any goddamned thing he likes. Don't be fooled - they're targeting YOU, average Joe gun owners, who were in no way involved in this crime. I smell the smoke already that they are trying to blow up our collective asses when they're trying to make this a "gun issue".

Rather than headlining it "50 Americans killed and 53 wounded", they're headlining it "50 gays killed and 53 gays wounded". Like I give a crap what the victims wanted to poke their parts in when they were in private. Ain't it enought that FIFTY Americans were killed? Nope, they want to make it a "hate crime", another ridiculous label. Folks don't go around shooting folks they like, so of COURSE it was a "hate crime" - ALL crimes are.

Dumbasses.

What extra punishment would they give the shooter (had he survived, which he didn't) for "hating" FIFTY murder victims? Would they have killed him 50 times, or just injected 50 times the normal lethal dose to off his sorry ass?

Instead of trying to keep the rest of America from defending itself against these animals, a more proper and productive response, IMHO, would be to say "well you killed 50 of our people, so we're going to erase 50 entire population centers from ISISland, staring with the most populous, and working our way down the list. From this point forward, for every American you kill, we are going to erase another of your towns, just leave it a smoking crater. We expect that by the time it's done, we will be eliminating your goat herds when we run out of ISIS citizens. This isn't a war against Islam per se, it's against ISIS, who is doomed and will cease to exist on this planet."

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

As with the Boston Marathon bombers, this guy had already been checked out in the past by the FBI for something else, but still, he was on their radar

And a lot of good that did

Quote:The FBI investigated Mateen in 2013 after he made inflammatory comments to co-workers alleging possible ties to terrorists.

The following year, the agency looked into potential ties connecting Mateen to Moner Mohammad Abusalha, the first American to carry out a suicide attack in Syria.

He was cleared after both investigations.

News Source

And from same source, a little about the father

Quote:The father of the Orlando nightclub gunman has a television show on Payam-e-Afghan, a California-based channel that supports ethnic solidarity with the Afghan Taliban, which are mostly Pashtun.

Viewers from Pashtun communities in the United States regularly call in to espouse support for Pashtun domination of Afghanistan over the nation's minorities, including Hazaras, Tajiks and Uzbeks.

Seddique Mateen's "Durand Jirga Show" has an anti-Pakistan slant. The name of the show references the Durand line, the long-disputed border between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

A former Afghan official said Seddique Mateen's show also expresses sympathy for the Taliban, complains about foreigners in Afghanistan and criticizes U.S. actions there. The official spoke only on condition of anonymity because he did not want to be linked to coverage of the shooting.

Seddique Mateen, who lavished praise on current Afghan President Ashraf Ghani when he appeared on the TV program in January 2014, has since denounced the Ghani government. The official said that on Saturday, Seddique Mateen, dressed in military fatigues, used his program to criticize the current Afghan government and announce that he would run in the next Afghan presidential election.

But so far, they think the shooter was self-radicalized, not associated with any terror group

Quote:The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee tells The Associated Press that investigators have not yet found evidence of direct communication between the Orlando nightclub gunman and Islamic State members overseas.

Rep. Adam Schiff has been briefed multiple times by federal law enforcement. He says it is possible that Omar Mateen was self-radicalized but not "under the command and control of ISIS."

The California congressman says that could change and that it's too early to know whether there was something that could have been done to prevent the attack.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/...rylink=cpy

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Just like the Marathon bombers...
So - the dad is against foreigners in Afghanistan...yet...he is an apparent foreigner in the U.S.A.
Go figure.

How many Marathon bombers and Nightclub assassins are already on the FBIs "Do Not Disturb" list...?
(06-13-2016, 02:46 AM)Minstrel Wrote: Just like the Marathon bombers...
So - the dad is against foreigners in Afghanistan...yet...he is an apparent foreigner in the U.S.A.
Go figure.

How many Marathon bombers and Nightclub assassins are already on the FBIs "Do Not Disturb" list...?
All,,, As long as Obama is POTUS.
Everyone did notice Obama refused to call this an act of Terrorism by a Muslim, no he's ordain this as Domestic Terrorism.
President Obama called the massacre an “act of terror” and an “act of hate.” Total Bull Shit, This Was An Act Of Zealous Muslim Religious Hatred  Towards Anything Not OK'd By Their Pediphile Allah.

Beside, Obama has ignored the fact that Mateen called 911 just prior to the attack and pledged allegiance to ISIS.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Sorry I'm no good at reply, it's my first post with the new site here.. that said, if you all want to know who radicalized the shooter, it was his dad. The shooter was raised every day of his life with radical ideology. 

To explain why I say this:

The ideology between the Taliban and ISIS is identical. Both groups had the exact same teachers... same ideology all the way around. The only difference between them, is that the Taliban was satisfied with control of one country, with a future vision to the rest of the world..but with no real active plan except to work with the shiekhs to expand the extreme ideology. 

For al baghdadi, this wasn't fast enough... he wanted the world expansion now, he thought if they were very bold, it could be done right now, with no need to wait until tomorrow. He admired the Taliban for their efforts but saw it as a weakness to move so slowly.. so he broke off with the group - al Qaeda, of which he was second in command over Iraq until the leader died, then he became the head. His position at that point became identical to Bin Laden, and they both had the same head, the same religious beliefs and leaders. 

But al baghdadi of course broke off because his vision for world expansion was immediate... but this is the only difference between the two groups. Ideologically they are identical in each and every respect. Most people who support the Taliban, as a result, also support ISIS, many pledge allegiance to both groups, as one is alike to the other with few differences. 

Being raised in Taliban ideology, it's no leap at all to support ISIS, they really are that much alike... therefore, where the shooter was radicalized was right here in the U.S., right inside his own home, by a father who teaches the Taliban ideology and supports it.
Quote:Sorry I'm no good at reply, it's my first post with the new site here..

that said, if you all want to know who radicalized the shooter, it was his dad. The shooter was raised every day of his life with radical ideology.

It always gets me when the parents of these radicals "claim" they had no knowledge.

I remember Boston Marathon bombers mom said something similar.
Only to find out, she hated the U.S. and everything it stood for, all the while getting govt assistance.

The San Bernadino family members acted surprised and shocked about the attack.
Come to find out, they all lied to the FBI about their marriages...they were all a scam.
And more than likely, knew about their plans.

Those radical extreme Muslims stick together it seems.
So one would think that the whole family knew of "something"

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

I would agree with you Grace, that his father is probably part of the equation. But I don't think young ones get radicalized solely by their parents teachings.

They are on websites that promote radical Islam, they have acquaintances that support the ideology.

It's very hard to not judge the whole Muslim world. Very hard. Because none of us know what is said and done behind closed doors.

And the trust is slowly evaporating like water in the kettle.

NO ideology, no matter what it is, has the right to decide who lives and who dies.

None.
Quote:NO ideology, no matter what it is, has the right to decide who lives and who dies.

This is my issue with ANY religion...... smallfit

Using a "God" to kill people who you do not like

Using a "God" to kill people for their land

Using a "God" to kill people due to their sexual orientation

Using a "God" to kill people due to them not looking like you

Using a "God" to kill people ....just because

It is all bullshit

There is no God (deity) that would wish for violence upon others

If there is, than he is no god.
Only Man.

It is Man that makes up these bullshit religious rules, whether it be Christianity or Islam.

Christians have done their fair share of killings in the past, yes.
Horrible things they have done, "All in the name of God"

And here it is 2016, and it is not the Christians we have to fear anymore.

But rather the Radical Islamist, many of whom live by the outdated and ghastly Sharia Law.

No, not all Muslims are bad.

In fact, the moderate Muslims are in danger as well if they speak out against it.
But that is for another day.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(06-13-2016, 03:54 AM)solarius Wrote: I would agree with you Grace, that his father is probably part of the equation. But I don't think young ones get radicalized solely by their parents teachings.

They are on websites that promote radical Islam, they have acquaintances that support the ideology.

It's very hard to not judge the whole Muslim world. Very hard. Because none of us know what is said and done behind closed doors.

And the trust is slowly evaporating like water in the kettle.

NO ideology, no matter what it is, has the right to decide who lives and who dies.

None.

I know what is said and done behind closed doors, so I will judge.. but you are right, it takes a community to create an extremist. 

The way I see it, in response to what you said about ideology having the right to decide who lives and who dies, is something hubby told me while I was still Muslim that has stuck with me ever since..

"Any God who needs people to do his killing for him is weak, and no GOD at all because he is powerless." 

That one statement made a terrible amount of sense to me..
It's being reported that his father has a radio show that may be in favor of the Taliban.
His father is also reported to be Anti-American.
Please give me a moment to find the article.
He also said he is sadden by his sons actions during the Holy Month of Ramadan, I think he's more upset that he shot those people during Ramadan than the Fact he Did Murder Innocent People.
Quote:The elder Mateen says he was saddened by his son's actions during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

He then adds: "God will punish those involved in homosexuality," saying it's, "not an issue that humans should deal with."
The statement, and previous videos by Seddique Mateen, lend some insight into the environment in which his U.S.-born son was raised.
Now his radio show.
Quote:A senior Afghan intelligence source tells CBS News correspondent Lara Logan that the show is watched by some in people in Afghanistan but the primary audience is ethnic Pashtun Afghans living in the U.S. and Europe.

The Taliban Islamic extremist movement is comprised almost entirely of Pashtuns, and Mateen's show takes a decidedly Pashtun nationalistic, pro-Taliban slant; full of anti-U.S. rhetoric and inflammatory language aimed at non-Pashtuns and at Pakistan, the source told Logan.

The name of the show references the Durand line, the disputed border between Afghanistan and Pakistan that was established in the 19th century by Britain. It has long been at the heart of deep-seated mistrust between Afghans and Pakistanis.
Seddique Mateen once campaigned in the United States for current Afghan President Ashraf Ghani -- seen as a moderate leader -- who appeared on his program in 2014. But since then Seddique has turned against Ghani in both his broadcasts and numerous videos posted to a Facebook account.
In his Facebook videos, the alleged gunman's father has often appeared wearing a military uniform and declaring himself the leader of a "transitional revolutionary government" of Afghanistan. He claims to have his own intelligence agency and close ties to the U.S. Congress -- assets he says he will use to subvert Pakistani influence and take control of Afghanistan.
Link

Yes I think he was just as Radical as his father.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Sorry for my lack of participation so far. But here's what stinks BAD to me:

All this talk about his past and his family's past leads me to one big glaring question. How the hell was he able to buy a gun? And now we have (again) a giant chunk of this country screaming for more gun control? We have a person who was already under investigation by the FBI (in the recent past), had a police report filed against him by his FLEEING ex wife, and yet he was able to just waltz into a store and buy this stuff? The government denied 1,376,272 purchases from '98 - 2016. Why couldn't they add one more? You can't tell me the precedent isn't there somewhere... Federal Denials (Note: It's a PDF)

Quote:"I saw that he was bipolar, and he would get mad out of nowhere. That's when I started worrying about my safety."
She said the abuse became a regular occurrence.
"He started abusing me physically, very often, and not allowing me to speak to my family, keeping me hostage from them," Yusufiy said.
"(My family) had to pull me out of his arms and find an emergency flight. ... I made a police report."

The List GOES ON AND ON

Now some of you on here may be surprised to find out I'm much more "liberal" or "progressive" than you may have thought. But I hate those labels because I firmly believe in taking it issue by issue (and i do). I mean hell, a guy who votes for Russ Feingold and Scott Walker on the same ballot is clearly bi-polar (but don't worry, I already can't buy a gun...). But one thing I am adamant about is the 2nd amendment and gun rights: NEW LAWS DONT FIX THIS. To argue my own point, if he had been denied a gun he could have just bought one illegally. So more laws? Stick a fork in your eye, you'll match the thought process. Renew the Assault Weapon Ban? Ok, so now he has multiple 10-round clips instead of a few bigger ones? Holding hostages for hours wasn't exactly leaving him short on reload time. Nothing was going to prevent this specific person from doing this unless he was under constant surveillance and being tracked / monitored (and even then, who knows. He made it past the first off-duty cop to get in the club in the first place - a surveillance van following him probably would've have been able to stop him either). Can we strengthen background checks to give the government a larger net to cast? Absolutely (I've even argued for that very position in the past), but I realize more than ever my other point above: He could have just bought one illegally.

On the flip side, nor do I think it's possible (or right) to track every person from that goes to a mosque, a church, or even a damn mob hangout. The point I'm going to eventually try to make in my ramblings is we can't legislate craziness. We can't fix hatred by making certain groups of people "glow in the dark" so we can see them coming. James Wesley Howell from Indiana is the guy they found with a mini-arsenal at the California Pride Festival, god only knows what he was planning or what he would've done if he didn't get flagged as suspicious (and after the events earlier that day, it's no wonder his odd demeanor was flagged). But he wasn't a "goofy named Afghani that was previously investigated by the FBI for making statements about supporting terrorism".

(just say what you're thinking: "Shut up DFC") - But finally, in all of my anger and sadness over the last 24+ hours the one thing that stands out more than anything is the outpouring of support. With all of the LGBT talk & bathroom madness recently, I wouldn't have been surprised to see a giant chunk of this country saying "they deserved it anyways". I would've been disgusted, but not surprised. But we haven't seen that (not even from Westboro I don't think, but I'm not going to search and find out). We've seen communities and people coming together and offering prayers and support. PRAYERS for people that (in their mind) may not even be deserving of prayers. Support from people who may have been vehemently opposed to their lifestyle and unions just days ago. We've seen love win. It's just a tragedy all around but I for one won't let this sway an issue one way or the other. tinycrying

I kind of went off on a tangent there. My apologies tinyshocked