Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Wall
I suppose many of you believe the Democrats are sitting in their office worried about you and Government Employees not being paid.
tinylaughing  Like Hell They Are!!!!  smallrofl 

Quote:[/url]DEMS PARTY IN PUERTO RICO DURING SHUTDOWN
SUN AND FUN!
[Image: Dwuy69vU8AAxSBC.jpg]
[url=https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-fly-to-puerto-rico-amid-ongoing-government-shutdown]
 YUP, they are just spending taxpayers monies and on extended vacations, thanks to Pelosi and Schumer.

Quote:Some 30 Democratic lawmakers left the government shutdown behind Friday on a chartered flight to Puerto Rico for a winter retreat with 109 lobbyists and corporate executives during which they planned to see the hit Broadway show “Hamilton” and attend three parties including one with the show’s cast.
Those attending the Congressional Hispanic Caucus BOLD PAC winter retreat in San Juan planned to meet with key officials to discuss the cleanup after Hurricane Maria at a roundtable Saturday.
But the weekend is packed with free time for the members and their families on the trip.
Source
So,,,,, Let us see what N. Pelosi and C. Schumer think about the Wall and Keeping America A Law Abiding Country. 
[Image: pelosi-schumer.jpg?fit=987%2C576&ssl=1]

[Image: schumer-pelosi.jpg?fit=987%2C576&ssl=1]
[Image: government-shutdown-1.jpg?fit=987%2C576&ssl=1]
[Image: pelosi-compromise.jpg?fit=987%2C576&ssl=1]
And the most Factual,,,,,,,
[Image: pelosi-wall.jpg?fit=987%2C576&ssl=1]
They are well protected,,,, Are YOU?
[Image: gary_varvel_gary_varvel_for_jan_09_2019_5_.jpg] [Image: chip_bok_chip_bok_for_jan_10_2019_5_.jpg][Image: 20190102hunter_s878x708.jpg?b51276c80a8e...356c3b81bd][Image: 20150709edsuc-a_s878x542.jpg?30e151152cd...21b3b4e6e1]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I feel sorry for the men and women who have been trapped in this power game. Its not the workers fault that TPTB want to fight
Ms. @"guohua",  where did you get those Memes?  Just wondering if I can use them on Twitter?

The demos are destroying their base by showing their true colors.  All they are doing is showing the American citizens, whom they are sworn to protect, that they have no wish to put them and their safety above illegals.

#WalkAway
All animals are equal...

The laughing-stock of the internet 'Snopes' designed their answer to whether Pelosi has a
wall around her property by doubting the image in the YouTube video and then adding that
the wall is only around a foot high.

I hope they enjoy their funding.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(01-13-2019, 06:54 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Ms. @"guohua",  where did you get those Memes?  Just wondering if I can use them on Twitter?

The demos are destroying their base by showing their true colors.  All they are doing is showing the American citizens, whom they are sworn to protect, that they have no wish to put them and their safety above illegals.

#WalkAway

Sure you can us them, I get them from news articles the cartoon section.

Here: Source

The truth of how far those who're supposed to represent the people have ripped the p*ss out of
those people.
(01-20-2019, 05:03 PM)BIAD Wrote:

The truth of how far those who're supposed to represent the people have ripped the p*ss out of
those people.

This is absolutely spot on. 

I don't know how anyone can not support a wall knowing now about all the crime and human trafficking that comes through the border. Some of us have known for years, but some who have been "asleep" are just now learning about it.  Surely, if they have a brain, they are waking up to the "crisis", and the need for a wall.

As for why the Dem leaders have done a 180 in their views, I think it's all optics. Of course it's political, but I think more is going on behind the scenes that the public aren't aware of.

Are Nancy and Chuck playing a role to show the public just how far left and crazy the party has gone?  Are they trying to burn the two political parties to the ground in order to unite as a one people in this country: THE AMERICAN PEOPLE?

I'm not sure, but something is going on here.  This is just too crazy, even for the Dems.
Did you all notice the soon-to-be new Attorney General during the hearing, rephrased the wall by saying " the Southern barrier".
Talking about how we need to strengthen our southern barrier to prevent the illegals from crossing.

I applauded him for that. 

Personally, I think the Republicans would get farther on their quest if they stopped using "the wall" lingo and went with a new jargon that didn't sound like Trump.
Such as the southern barrier. 

Kinda like how the Dems reworded the term ILLEGALS to a more positive, albeit misleading term, DREAMERS.

Remember, it's all a word game for these politicians.

And unfortunately, the Dems are masters at the word game. 
Manipulating the media, which in turns sways the populous. 

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

@"senona".  Yes, I did notice that.

I don't care what they call it: The wall, the big steel fence, the southern barrier, or whatever. 

JUST GET IT DONE ALREADY!  Another caravan is on the way now!   :smallimpatient:
The Progressives don't want a wall and so, one may assume they do want this.

Quote:Agents discover record amount of fentanyl in drug bust on US border.

'Officials in the US have seized 114kg (254lbs) of fentanyl, in what is being described as the biggest haul they have ever detected.
The synthetic drug has been fuelling a national epidemic of fatal opioid overdoses, and the stash was discovered in a secret
compartment underneath a load of Mexican produce headed for Arizona.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5189]

A scan of the tractor-trailer had unearthed "some anomalies" in the load -with police dogs alerting officers to the presence of drugs.
The seized fentanyl had an overall street value of $3.5m (£2.67m), and most of it was in powdered form.
Approximately 179kg (395lbs) of methamphetamine was also seized, with an estimated street value of $1.18m (£900,000).

While fentanyl is legally prescribed by doctors to provide pain relief to cancer patients, it is sold on the street and often mixed with
heroin. Michael Humphries, the director of the port where the drugs were uncovered, said: "The size of a few grains of salt of fentanyl,
which is a dangerous opioid, can kill a person very quickly."

A recent report by the Centres of Disease Control and Prevention found fentanyl to be the drug most often involved in fatal overdoses
in the US. It accounted for more than 18,000 overdoses in 2016 -29% of the total.

According to the Drug Enforcement Agency, the previous largest seizure of the drug was 66kg, in a New York apartment linked to the
El Chapo's Sinaloa cartel. After news of the seizure emerged, Donald Trump tweeted:
"Our great U.S. Border Patrol Agents made the biggest Fentanyl bust
in our Country's history. Thanks, as always, for a job well done!"

Doug Coleman, the DEA special agent in charge of the Phoenix division, said the find was the result of "pure, old-fashioned police work"
based on the hunch of an agent rather than any intelligence. "It was totally a cold hit," he said...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:(CNN)A federal judge on Friday dealt a win to the Trump administration when he dismissed a lawsuit by a group of butterfly conservationists for wall construction that the group said was expected to run through its property.

The nonprofit association argued that construction must be stopped to prevent the "seizure and destruction" of its property and "adverse environmental impacts" to threatened and endangered species and critical habitats. The suit is related to previously funded wall construction.

Judge Richard Leon said the constitutional arguments made by the North American Butterfly Association didn't hold up. The association's flagship facility is a 100-acre wildlife center -- the National Butterfly Center -- just north of the US border in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas.

"Unfortunately for the Plaintiff, The Fourth Amendment offers little refuge for unenclosed land near one of the country's external borders," wrote the judge. He also said it was "preemptive" to claim that the government deprived the group of property.

The judge also concluded that the Department of Homeland Security secretary has the authority to issue a waiver to a number of environmental laws for construction in the area, dismissing those claims brought by the association. The waiver "extinguishes" the association's claims, Leon wrote.

The executive director of the National Butterfly Center, Marianna Trevino Wright, told CNN that this isn't the end.
"We are going to appeal or refile, absolutely," she said.

The lawsuit was first brought in 2017 after the government was "on our property cutting down our trees," as well moving habitat and widening a road, Wright says.

Earlier this month, the National Butterfly Center was in the spotlight after posting photos of what appeared to be excavation equipment for the first new miles of wall since President Donald Trump took office. Customs and Border Protection has said the first 14 miles would be built in the region near the center.

The agency previously declined to comment due to pending litigation.

The most recent budget passed by Congress exempts construction on the center's property, but Wright said, "We will be back in the crosshairs in the 2020 budget battle." And she said the national emergency declaration could change everything.

Judge dismisses wall lawsuit brought by butterfly conservationists, who vow to keep fighting

Score 1 for our Wall.   tinybiggrin   Of course the Dems are going to fight this with everything they can pull out of their sleeve, but this one has me scratching my head.
How is the wall going to affect the National Butterfly Center?  I mean, butterflies have wings. Can't they just fly over to the next town and live happily ever after?   minusculethinking
The National Butterfly Centre in Mission Texas.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5308]
It has a wall.
tinywondering

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5309]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If I remember my Sunday School...

Heaven has a gate, a gate keeper taking names and registering entrants while turning away those not worthy with walls to ensure only those approved get in.

Hell is wide open and welcomes all.

hmmm....
(02-17-2019, 07:06 PM)Jude Wrote: If I remember my Sunday School...

Heaven has a gate, a gate keeper taking names and registering entrants while turning away those not worthy with walls to ensure only those approved get in.

hmmm....

Yes, a lot like California!