Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tagging Galore !!!
Tagging is now a full feature for all members.

To tag someone in a post, just use the @ in front of the username and it will automatically tag him/her.

Tagging someone will also send an Alert to that member to let them know that they've been tagged in a post - with a link to get to it.

Tagging is now also part of the Shoutbox system for all members.

Same procedure to tag someone and same results, they will receive an Alert that they've been tagged in the Shoutbox.

TAG !!! YOU'RE IT !!!!

minusculeguzzlingbeer
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(06-11-2016, 09:32 PM)solarius Wrote: Tagging is now a full feature for all members.

To tag someone in a post, just use the @ in front of the username and it will automatically tag him/her.

Tagging someone will also send an Alert to that member to let them know that they've been tagged in a post - with a link to get to it.

Same procedure to tag someone and same results, they will receive an Alert that they've been tagged in the Shoutbox.

TAG !!!  YOU'RE IT !!!!

minusculeguzzlingbeer

I there any way for the @ symbol to call up a phone book type option? If we are off on the spelling by a letter when tagging somebody it wouldn't work. Not a game changer or anything, I'm just curious  tinycool
(06-11-2016, 11:21 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote:
(06-11-2016, 09:32 PM)solarius Wrote: Tagging is now a full feature for all members.

TAG !!!  YOU'RE IT !!!!

minusculeguzzlingbeer

I there any way for the @ symbol to call up a phone book type option? If we are off on the spelling by a letter when tagging somebody it wouldn't work. Not a game changer or anything, I'm just curious  tinycool

Not that I'm aware of. It would indeed be a good idea though, a drop down like when we compose a PM...the first two letters and then we choose...

I think I will swing that idea by the MyBB support team. They might implement it in the next upgrade? maybe...

minusculethumbsup2
(06-11-2016, 11:21 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote:

TAG !!!  YOU'RE IT !!!!

minusculeguzzlingbeer

**UPDATE**

@"DuckforcoveR"

A new upgrade has just been installed for the tagging system. It now works in posts but not in the shoutbox as of yet.

When tagging, the three first letters of a username following the @ will now give you the choice of who you wish to tag. Just click the username and it's done.

Sol.