Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WaPo: Trump won the night
Is it me or...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5077]

Quote:Trump walks out of shutdown talks with a 'bye-bye'.

'President Donald Trump has walked out of a meeting with Democratic leaders as negotiations
broke down on the 19th day of a US government shutdown.

The Republican president ended talks after Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer stuck by their refusal
to fund his planned US-Mexico border wall. Mr Trump called his meeting with the pair "a total waste
of time".

Hundreds of thousands of federal employees who are working without pay will miss their pay cheque
this week. Mr Trump has threatened to declare a national emergency over the "crisis" at the border,
bypassing congressional approval to build the wall.

The standoff has resulted in a partial government shutdown since 22 December.

"@realDonaldTrump
 Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time.
I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up,
are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or
Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!"

Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Mrs Pelosi said the mood in the White House was "cold".
Mr Schumer said the president abruptly left when Mrs Pelosi said she would not approve of any wall
funding. He said: "He asked Speaker Pelosi, 'Will you agree to my wall?' She said no.
"And he just got up and said, 'Then we have nothing to discuss,' and he just walked out.

"Again, we saw a temper tantrum because he couldn't get his way."
Also outside the White House, top Republicans accused Democrats of intransigence.
Vice-President Mike Pence told reporters he was "disappointed" that Democrats were "unwilling to
engage in good faith negotiations".

Senate leader Mitch McConnell, who earlier on Wednesday accused Democrats of opposing the
president out of partisan "spite", said Republicans were "all behind the president".
Kevin McCarthy, Republican leader in the House of Representatives, said he found the Democrats'
behaviour "embarrassing"...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
WaPo: Trump won the night - by Mystic Wanderer - 01-09-2019, 04:44 PM
RE: WaPo: Trump won the night - by BIAD - 01-09-2019, 10:28 PM
RE: WaPo: Trump won the night - by BIAD - 01-10-2019, 10:55 PM