Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In My Opinion, it's about time.
Quote:The Londoner: Julian Assange closer to a journey home
I didn't see a problem with Assange and his Wikileaks site.
To me, the site could be used as a way to actually get unfiltered by Politicians and the MSM information out there to the Masses, but yes it can also be used to corrupt information.
When using the Wikileaks site, this needs to be remembered that others can edit the information.
BUT!
I think it's about time he is allowed to go home.
Quote:Staff at the Ecuadorian Embassy have cause for celebration today with the news that they may finally be rid of their long-term house guest  Julian Assange. 

The Australian government has confirmed that the  WikiLeaks founder has a new Australian passport after  years without one, and could now return to his  home country. 

An official at Australia’s department of foreign affairs and trade confirmed yesterday that “Mr Assange does have an Australian passport”. The timing is good: last year he said that he feared Ecuador was seeking to end his asylum. He has been holed up in the embassy in Knightsbridge since the day he walked in, breaking his UK bail conditions, in 2012. 
Source
What do you think?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Wikileaks was taken over by the CIA about two years ago when they took Julian's computer away, at least that's what I've read.

I'm so happy to hear he is free to go.  I just hope that some black hats don't assassinate him now.  Without his information we would still be in the dark about so many things.

Take care and stay safe Julian!
In this distrustful climate, I'd doubt they'd touch him.
I think.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(02-22-2019, 06:43 PM)guohua Wrote: What do you think?

I think it's a trap.

Just having a passport is not enough when you have to march through enemy lines to get "home".

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-22-2019, 11:57 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 06:43 PM)guohua Wrote: What do you think?

I think it's a trap.

Just having a passport is not enough when you have to march through enemy lines to get "home".

Awwww, you could be right!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
This is my wishful thinking argument, but I long for a world where Assange's aren't needed. I am sort of closely connected to some of the "outing" that was done by the cables that were released (very very distant, but "knew a guy who knew a guy" sort of thing) and I was able to see some of the bad side effects of releasing diplomatic data. 

With that said, our fucking government (and others) have been taking advantage of their high fucking perches and could care less about the cannon fodder that gets exposed, until their dirty laundry shows up with it. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Plus, Assange just seems like I turd, and that's not a word I use lightly  tinylaughing

But he did a deed that I fear was more of a learning tool for an even deeper CYA (cover your ass) mentality that will be practiced and preached going forward. This is how UFO data got buried as far as it did (where even presidents aren't on a need to know), a few air force captains run their mouth about a saucer, next thing you know we have a buried deep state fighting disclosure for generations. My $.02 (€.018 euros)