Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bypassing Australian internet censorship
Explanation: I am cross posting this information from Revolution.Radio because I think and feel that everybody should be well informed when surfing on the internet and this information comes from a very reputable computer programmer and expert Mike Ringley aka NniteHawkK, the owner and producer of Revolution.Radio , where I am also a member!

Quote:
NniteHawkK Wrote:#1
Censored by your country, corporation, or campus?

AU & UK members - always stay connected no matter what your government does!!!

Use Psiphon, IT'S FREE!!!

> Download1: https://www.psiphon3.com/en/download.html

> Download2: https://psiphon.ca/en/download.html

Try Psiphon! It's FREE VPN & Protects Your Privacy!

Note: Please download the app and keep a backup copy so in the event your government blocks you, you can still get on.

Also, please keep the link for our chat in case you need additional help.

Always try your smartphone as well. Don't wait months to see if the problem is fixed. It is your government blocking you, not us.

Use Cloudflare DNS: How to Switch to CF DNS to Speed Up Web Browsing

Follow these 2 simple steps to access any site, anywhere:

Step 1) It's a MUST! Configure your network settings to use Cloudflare DNS

Step 2) Choose your free preferred VPN addon:

For Chrome use : Browsec or Gom VPN or Betternet or ZenMate

For Firefox use : Browsec or ZenMate or Touch VPN or Hoxx VPN

For Opera use : Browsec or ZenMate VPN

For iOS/Mac use : Browsec

Start using these free VPN addons and bypass online restrictions to access any website!

Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis and stop your isp from spying on you.

It's simple and can be done via Firefox nightly. When you enable this, you don't need a VPN to browse blocked websites, It will unlock all domains worldwide.

How to:

1) Download Firefox Nightly From https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/nightly/notes/

2) Install and Open it.

3) In Firefox nightly "Address bar"

type: about:config

Press Enter and click on "I accept the risk!" which will allow you to configure Firefox nightly properly.

4) Search for "esni.enabled"

Double Click on it or right click and click "Toggle" which will enable "esni.enabled".

5) Search for "trr.mode"

Double click on it or right click and select Modify.

Set `network.trr.mode` to 2 to make DNS Over HTTPS. It will secure your connection and unlock all blocked domain names.

Enter 2 and Click OK!

set this up

https://1.1.1.1/

6) Test your connection and It should be fully secured.

Browse https://encryptedsni.com

Click on: Check My Browser

Now you are once again free from network surveillance and your ISP can't spy on you anymore.

Please be safe on the internet ok! tinysure 

Personal Disclosure: And feel free to come join Revolution.Radio ... and listen in to the best damned online radio station in the world! tinyinbiglove

And thanks to NnitehawkK for authoring such a cool informative thread!!! tinycool

@ Everybody ... minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
@"OmegaLogos"  Thank You, good information to have.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Lots of good radio shows on Revolution Radio. I've listened to it for years, but not so much recently due to time. I'll have to go give them a look and see what shows they have now.

minusculethumbsup
Before using Psiphon people should read the privacy policy you can find it here (source ) ALWAYS read the PP
The parts I find interesting :

Quote:Storage Access Logging

We use Amazon S3 to store assets such as website files and Psiphon server discovery lists. We sometimes enable logging of downloads of these files. Analyzing these logs helps us to answer questions like "how many users are starting but not completing the download of the server discovery list?", "how is the downloaded data split between website assets and server discovery?", and "is an attacker making a denial-of-service attempt against our websites?"
S3 bucket access logs contain IP addresses, user agents, and timestamps. These logs are stored in S3 itself, so Amazon has access to these logs. (However, Amazon already serves the files, so they can already access this information.) Psiphon developers will download the logs, aggregate and analyze the data, and then delete the logs. Raw data will be kept only long enough to aggregate it and will not be shared with third parties.
Psiphon Servers
We collect the following data to find out how well Psiphon is working, what sites are popular, and what propagation strategies are effective. This information is shared with our partners so that they can see, for example, how often their sites are visited through Psiphon and from which countries.
  • Number of email requests for client download link
  • Number of upgrades
  • How often each protocol is used, and error codes after failure
  • How often new servers are discovered
  • Session count and session duration
  • Total bytes transferred and bytes transferred for some specific domains
  • Client platform (simplified operating system list; e.g, not a detailed browser user agent)
User IP addresses are not collected by Psiphon servers in the normal course of operation. Psiphon does not require user accounts, so, by default, there is no collection of email addresses, usernames, or passwords.
Event logs include timestamps, region codes (country and city), and non-identifying attributes including sponsor ID (determined by which Psiphon client build is used), client version, and protocol type. Page views are aggregated by time and/or session before being logged.
All statistics shared with sponsors are further aggregated by date, sponsor, and region.

What user information does Psiphon collect?

From time to time Psiphon may have to record additional information in order to resolve a problem with our service. When this occurs, we will add an entry to the Privacy Bulletindescribing what was recorded, how long it was kept, and why