Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Run-Run As Fast As You Can, OMG, The Harassing Gingerbread Man!
It seems the eternal mystery of what Scotsmen wear under their kilts is now coming in second place
against the massive bouts of sexual harassment that is taking place in the halls of Scottish control.

Where some wary women would possible carry a weapon or take-up martial arts, maybe even use the
shame-card to hold the pervert accountable -that's if the male can be identified from the many committee
rooms of Holyrood.

Instead, the Parliament's defence of the frisky fingers and bulging trousers came in a different form.

Quote:Gingerbread men banned at Scottish Parliament as part of a new drive to 'stamp out sexism'

*Gingerbread men are replaced by gingerbread persons in Scottish Parliament
*The Parliament coffee shop re-named the sweet treat in case it causes offence
*A survey found 30 per cent of women working in the Scottish Parliament believed
they had been sexually harassed

'Gingerbread men have been replaced by gingerbread persons in the Scottish Parliament’s coffee shop
in case the traditional name causes offence. The move comes as a strategy aimed at stamping out sexual
harassment and sexism was introduced at Holyrood this week after a survey found 30 per cent of women
working there believed they had been sexually harassed...'

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4943]

Jeez...! the Scottish Parliament are building up their tie-wearing rapists and molesters in order to counter
the English Parliament's sexual exploits? Can't decent men be elected anymore?!

Quote:[Image: attachment.php?aid=4944]

'...But the decision to rename the sweet treat has not gone down well with everyone.

Scottish Conservative equalities spokesman Annie Wells said: ‘Surely the Scottish Parliament has got better
things to do than worry about what to call gingerbread men? This is an utterly pointless gesture which simply
trivialises the real issues of gender equality.’...'

Maybe the inanimate biscuits are the culprits...? It explains why tea and milk were invented.

Quote:'...A Scottish Parliament spokesman would not comment except to say: ‘They [the gingerbread persons] were
delicious and sold out.’...'
The MailOnline:

"A survey found 30 per cent of women working in the Scottish Parliament believed they had been sexually harassed"
So 60% of women enjoy it or are ugly? 
tinyhuh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(12-18-2018, 01:30 PM)BIAD Wrote: Jeez...! the Scottish Parliament are building up their tie-wearing rapists and molesters in order to counterthe English Parliament's sexual exploits? Can't decent men be elected anymore?!

Nope. decent men do not run for office, nor do they seek power over others.

Quote:"A survey found 30 per cent of women working in the Scottish Parliament believed they had been sexually harassed"
So 60% of women enjoy it or are ugly? 
tinyhuh

That, sir/madame/ungendered person/ dual gendered person/multi gendered person, is a safe bet.

Now, for my accustomed bit of politically incorrect gibberish, I must say that, in connection with this story, I have never run across a lassie, ugly or not, that minded being eaten - so I reckon this was a move in the right direction!

Sorry 'bout that (no, I'm really not!) - t'was the ale talking!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Oddly enough, with the long run of political 'snowflake' outrage that's been dominating the
mainstream media, due to the begrudged admission that the 'Brexit' referendum is an outcome
that must be observed, the same UK media are now slowly back-tracking on the 'whoa-is-me'
narrative and tentatively getting back to a type of normality.

It'll take some time, but maybe the minorities can be put back in the box!
(12-19-2018, 09:51 AM)BIAD Wrote: Oddly enough, with the long run of political 'snowflake' outrage that's been dominating the
mainstream media, due to the begrudged admission that the 'Brexit' referendum is an outcome
that must be observed, the same UK media are now slowly back-tracking on the 'whoa-is-me'
narrative and tentatively getting back to a type of normality.

It'll take some time, but maybe the minorities can be put back in the box!

I dinna keer if they get back in a box or no', I just wish they'd develop a sense of humor and join the human race!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-19-2018, 10:04 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...I dinna keer if they get back in a box or no', I just wish they'd develop a sense of humor and join the human race!

Well that would demand they see things in perspective and that also would mean looking at a situation
whilst being aware of another's point of view.

As I mentioned somewhere else on the site, I believe recent generations have been taught to debate with the single
goal of winning and not formulating their opinions based on for-and-against information.
It's ironic really, due to assuming that today's youth are ignorantly-selfish and unaware. They're not, they just believe
those they oppose 'don't get it' and think falsely claiming something with a confident tone is enough!

It's like saying -for example, how would you manage if all the cell-phones in your country stopped working?
Somehow, we got along before such devices were accessible, but it's difficult to explain that the world existed before
they were born and wiser-heads have been around a very long time!

The MSM have played on this selfish assumption and that's why they're failing. Not all the kids are dumb... just the
ones that became mainstream media.