Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Affordable Care Act (better known as obamacare)
You're going to Love This,,,,,, No, No, No, I'm not gong to tell you that YOU Can Keep Your Doctor Now.
No, I don't Lie Like Obama and his Democrat Chronnies.
But How About This Headlines?
Quote:Federal judge in Texas strikes down Affordable Care Act

In a ruling sure to be appealed to Supreme Court, Texas court says the ACA, also known as Obamacare, can no longer stand without the penalty against the uninsured.

minusculeclap minusculegoodjob
Doesn't that make you Happy, it did me.  smallgreenhurray
Quote:A federal judge in Texas struck down the Affordable Care Act on Friday night, ruling that former President Barack Obama's signature domestic legislation has fallen down like a losing game of "Jenga."

U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor in Fort Worth sided with the argument put forward by a coalition of Republican-leaning states, led by Texas, that Obamacare could no longer stand now that there's no penalty for Americans who don't buy insurance.

The U.S. Supreme Court had upheld the law in 2012, by classifying the legislation as a tax. But since Congress removed the individual mandate in 2017, O’Connor ruled, there's no way the ACA can be allowed to stand.

"The Individual Mandate can no longer be fairly read as an exercise of Congress's Tax Power and is still impermissible under the Interstate Commerce Clause — meaning the Individual Mandate is unconstitutional," O'Connor wrote. "The Individual Mandate is essential to and inseverable from the remainder of the ACA."

Without the system being upheld by a wide pool of mandated participants, the ACA cannot stand, O'Connor ruled.

"Without it, Congress and the Supreme Court have stated, the architectural design fails," according to O'Connor. "It is like watching a slow game of Jenga, each party poking at a different provision to see if the ACA falls."

The White House said in a statement that the ruling is expected to be appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court, and the law will remain in place until that process is completed.
Source
Yes, we all knew the Liberals and Lovers of All Things Connected to Obama would take this to the Supreme Court.
They Hate to see Obama lose and his Legacy is getting Smaller.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I don't want to say, I Told You So!
Quote:Outraged Democrats vow to challenge court ruling undercutting Obamacare

But I Did!  tinysure
Quote:Washington (AFP) - Outraged Democrats vowed to appeal a federal judge's ruling that could undo the US health care law known as Obamacare, saying on Saturday that they will use their new power in Congress to hold Republicans responsible and "expose their lies."
Source
Expose Republican Lies,,, Excuse Me, Who told everyone they could keep their Doctor?  tinyok
(12-16-2018, 03:42 PM)guohua Wrote: I don't want to say, I Told You So!
Quote:Outraged Democrats vow to challenge court ruling undercutting Obamacare

But I Did!  tinysure
Quote:Washington (AFP) - Outraged Democrats vowed to appeal a federal judge's ruling that could undo the US health care law known as Obamacare, saying on Saturday that they will use their new power in Congress to hold Republicans responsible and "expose their lies."
Source
Expose Republican Lies,,, Excuse Me, Who told everyone they could keep their Doctor?  tinyok

Yes, we all (Republicans) knew this would happen. Anything to fight a GOOD cause, especially one where President Trump would be credited with a better plan.

I'm so sick of the Democrats projecting their evil lies onto the Right side. It's so pathetic at this point, anyone who doesn't see it is too far brainwashed for hope of recovery.
I'm sorry, but I just don't see the "unconstitutional" part of Obamacare if the individual mandate is gone, which it is. The rest appears perfectly constitutional to me, just to long as congress is not compelling commerce with a private corporation - i.e. an insurance company. Because of that, I worry that this may just be a Trojan Horse to get Obamacare back in front of the SCOTUS and force re-instatement of the individual mandate, thus making it unconstitutional once more.

I still have problems with the government calling a forced insurance program "health care", when it is nothing more than a way to force people to buy insurance from a private company - which has nothing to do with actual "health care" at all. What they need to do is focus on health care and health care providers, place reasonable caps on tort laws that allow folks to sue health care providers over trivialities, and then cap prices for malpractice insurance based upon the new tort reform rules, and THEN place caps on costs for medical procedures based on the new caps for malpractice insurance.... THEN cap medical insurance prices to consumers based on that. It's a logical flow to me that would drive prices down to near reasonable levels.

That will never happen because the insurance companies that wrote Obamacare in the first place have way too much power over government, which technically is already illegal and constitutes the very definition of "fascism", but is a real thing nonetheless.

AND - keep in mind that it was the left that ushered in this particular facet of fascism with their so-called "ACA". So where do they get off forming an organization called "Antifa" which is supposedly anti-fascist?

This onion has lots and lots of layers.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Quote:This onion has lots and lots of layers.
@"Ninurta"  Yes it does and I see you have started Peeling the outer layer off, let me know if you need someone to sharpen your Knife.  minusculebeercheers