Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Crashed UFO Cover-up 6 years before Roswell?
I am posting this as this is the first time I ever hear of this story and perhaps, others haven't as well.

A UFO crashed in Cape Girardeau, Missouri in the spring of 1941.

A Minister, Reverend William Huffman, was called in to pray over the alien crash victims.

[Image: Missouri1941Crash2.jpg]

Quote:Reverend William Huffman had been an evangelist for many years, but had taken the resident minister reigns of the Red Star Baptist Church in early 1941. Church records corroborate his employment there during the period in question.
After receiving this call to duty, he was immediately driven the 10-15 mile journey to some woods outside of town. Upon arriving at the scene of the crash, he saw policemen, fire department personnel, FBI agents, and photographers already mulling through the wreckage.
He was soon asked to pray over three dead bodies. As he began to take in the activity around the area, his curiosity was first struck by the sight of the craft itself.

As any good cover-up would have it, he was then sworn to secrecy by the military personnel on site whom were already retrieving the evidence.

Quote:Expecting a small plane of some type, he was shocked to see that the craft was disc-shaped, and upon looking inside he saw hieroglyphic-like symbols, indecipherable to him.
He then was shown the three victims, not human as expected, but small alien bodies with large eyes, hardly a mouth or ears, and hairless.
Immediately after performing his duties, he was sworn to secrecy by military personnel who had taken charge of the crash area. He witnessed these warnings being given to others at the scene also.

What makes this one an interesting story is the evidence and paper trail that have seen the light of day since the event.

[Image: huffmanmilitary.jpg]

[Image: Missouri1941Crash1.jpg]

[Image: Reference%2BTo%2BCape%2BGirardeau%2BCrash%2B1941.jpg]

Quote:There are also Fire Department records of the date of the crash. This information does confirm the military swearing department members to secrecy, and also the removal of all evidence from the scene by military personnel.

As many of the UFO sightings - or crashes - of the era, the flying disk is once again described. Strange hieroglyphs on the wreckage were seen by witnesses...Marcel anyone?

And much like Jesse Marcel, Reverend Huffman - still in a state of shock - told his wife and his sons what he had just witnessed.

They would all keep much of the secrecy for a lifetime, except for Floy, his wife, who would tell the whole story to her grand daughter Charlotte, as she was dying of cancer.

Charlotte has been very active in researching what has happened as she's shared the story she was told.

And it's quite an amazing story.

Here are links to interviews and a documentary with Charlotte Mann, grand daughter of Reverend Huffman, press articles and the actual UFO Casebook story.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case858.htm

http://www.ufocasebook.com/missouricrash.html

Just wow !

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Very interesting!

When we go back to the early reports of UFOs most people start with the Roswell crash, but there are many others on record, if people dig deep enough.

Great find!   :biggrin:
wow! I never EVER heard of this. I've purposefully dug my own rabbit hole at times and I'm quite ashamed to say this has never been in that hole. But the important thing is that now it is :cool:
Why would "they" call in a Baptist preacher?
Baptist preachers don't give 'last rites' and don't particularly believe that there's anything a prayer can do for a soul after death.
Much less - for Aliens.
Something is strange about that part of the story.
Maybe the person that was "in charge" was Baptist and wanted some moral support in such a strange situation; or, maybe the Baptist pastor was the only 'minister' available at said hour.
In any case -- it is very odd that a Baptist would be at the center of this story (with my knowledge of Baptist beliefs).
Perhaps someone-else with a better insight into Baptist beliefs can shed some light.
(06-08-2016, 12:32 AM)Minstrel Wrote: Why would "they" call in a Baptist preacher?
Baptist preachers don't give 'last rites' and don't particularly believe that there's anything a prayer can do for a soul after death.
Much less - for Aliens.
Something is strange about that part of the story.
Maybe the person that was "in charge" was Baptist and wanted some moral support in such a strange situation; or, maybe the Baptist pastor was the only 'minister' available at said hour.
In any case -- it is very odd that a Baptist would be at the center of this story (with my knowledge of Baptist beliefs).
Perhaps someone-else with a better insight into Baptist beliefs can shed some light.

Good point. I think there is some sort of an answer in one of Charlotte's interviews:

Quote:Well, they were sitting around visiting and it was 8 or 9 o clock of the evening. The phone rang and grandfather went to the telephone. He talked for a little bit and hung up the phone. What was said at that time was that someone from, had called the police department, or we assumed it was the police department, and they had reported what they saw was a plane crash, that the person whose property it was on had seen it. It had landed into a field and there was some fire associated. So, they asked if grandfather would be willing to go out with them to the scene in case there were some people who might need prayer or assistance because they weren't quite sure what they were headed to.

And then:

Quote:And that there were three beings, thrown. They were on the outside and assumed they were thrown out (by the crash). One was still breathing, was not dead. Grandfather knelt down next to him and he expired, but he prayed over each and every one of them.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/Cases/CaseSub...asp?ID=859

I know nothing about Baptists beliefs and even less of how they were in the 40's. She doesn't seem to describe who "they" are that called him...

?
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
That answers my question pretty well.
Thanks.
That is just  :thumbsup:.
Haven't heard of this crash so I'll be digging a little to see what else there is.

As far as the Preacher, My husband was told once by a Bible Thumper that All Of God's Creations Have A Soul!
My Husband Said,Good, when you find Mine,,, Buy It back For Me!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]