Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President Trump Fires AG Sessions
[Image: 636365109492723436-AP-Sanctuary-Cities.j...1&fit=crop]
(Photo: Matt Rourke, AP)

Quote:WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions Wednesday, following a yearlong public shaming campaign that has raised questions about whether the president improperly interfered with the Justice Department’s inquiry into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
This should have happened long ago in my opinion, but better late than never.  I'm at least glad that Sessions had turned most of the indictments over to Huber to handle already. Huber has been working on these for months in the background, for those who didn't know. 

Maybe now with Sessions out of the way, we'll start to see some major "players" arrested.   

Quote:Trump, who requested Sessions' resignation, named the attorney general's chief of staff Matthew Whitaker to serve as interim attorney general.

"Since the day I was honored to be sworn in as attorney general of the United States, I came to work at the Department of Justice every day determined to do my duty and serve my country," Sessions said in a seven-paragraph letter. "I have done so to the best of my ability to support the fundamental legal processes that are the foundation of justice." 

The departure of Sessions, once one of Trump’s most vocal and earliest supporters during the 2016 campaign, has been expected for weeks yet the move immediately exposed new divisions between the president and many Republican lawmakers who regard Sessions as a champion of the conservative movement.

Laser-focused on Sessions' decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigation, Trump has savaged him in interviews, tweets, and press conferences as "beleaguered" and often expressing "disappointment" in his attorney general.

In September, Trump took his criticism to a new level when he appeared to completely disassociate Sessions with the administration, including the attorney general's border enforcement efforts.

“I don’t have an attorney general. It’s very sad,” Trump said in an interview with Hill.TV.  “I’m not happy at the border, I’m not happy with numerous things, not just this.”

The broadsides became even more pointed in recent weeks, with Trump describing Sessions as "disgraceful" for asking the Justice Department's inspector general – not prosecutors – to review Republican allegations of surveillance abuses related to the monitoring of a former Trump campaign aide.   

Sessions’ recusal in March 2017 for failing to disclose election-year meetings with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak – and Trump's abrupt dismissal of FBI Director James Comey in May 2017 – prompted the appointment of former FBI Director Robert Mueller as the Justice Department’s special counsel to direct the ongoing, wide-ranging Russia inquiry.

Read more
The BBC website has a 'Latest' banner that says Sessions resigned, yet when you click
on it, it says Trump fired him. F*ckin' Fake News!

Sky News says:

Quote:Attorney General Jeff Sessions resigns 'at Trump's request'

'...With the dust still settling on the midterms, the attorney general says he is quitting at President Trump's request...'
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(11-07-2018, 09:55 PM)BIAD Wrote: The BBC website has a 'Latest' banner that says Sessions resigned, yet when you click
on it, it says Trump fired him. F*ckin' Fake News!

Sky News says:

Quote:Attorney General Jeff Sessions resigns 'at Trump's request'

'...With the dust still settling on the midterms, the attorney general says he is quitting at President Trump's request...'

Same thing, only "at Trump's request" allows him to keep his pension check.  Step down, or YOU'RE FIRED!
He was gone, either way.   tinysure

But I see what you're saying regarding the headline.
Wow! It's been a busy day on the Hill.  One thing after another popping up on Twitter.   tinylaughing 

Here is the best one so far...

Quote:Al Boe - BREAKING NEWS‏ @AlBoeNEWS

BREAKING: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein will no longer oversee the Mueller investigation; Acting Attorney General Whitaker will take over in his place - NBC News

I guess it's time to say goodbye to Rosenstein.  Now the dominoes will start to fall, one after another until the Deep State Swamp Creatures are dealt with in a court of law.

Q said things would move fast after the midterms, and I don't think he was kidding! 

Be careful out there; Liberal heads will be exploding all over the place.  Might want to take an umbrella with you if going out tomorrow.   tinylaughing
I see they're quickly twisting it back to the narrative that Sessions' firing implies President Trump is
attempting to quash the 'Russia/Trump' investigation. But just as the usual mainstream format demands,
Sessions' self-induced recusal isn't mentioned until further down the article.

Quote:Trump-Russia probe 'under threat' after Sessions fired.

'The US inquiry into alleged Russian meddling during the 2016 election could be under threat after President
Donald Trump fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions, top opposition Democrats say.

Nancy Pelosi, who leads Democrats in the House of Representatives, called the decision a "blatant attempt" to
end or impede the investigation...'

Well she would. With a roll of her dentures, Nancy gazes across her eager Journalists and omits that Jeff Sessions
could've been dumped months ago.

Quote:'...The probe has been criticised by Mr Sessions's successor Matthew Whitaker.

The Democrats, who won the House in the mid-terms, have vowed to protect it.
Some Republicans appear to have shared the Democrats' concern over the future of the inquiry, which is being
led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Senator Susan Collins and Mitt Romney said it should not be impeded
in any way.

Mr Mueller is investigating alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, resulting in a series of criminal
charges against several Trump associates. Mr Trump has vehemently denied any collusion took place, and repeatedly
called for the inquiry to be shut down, calling it "the greatest political witch hunt in history"...'

If Sessions had removed himself from the Russian-probe at the beginning, why wait until after the midterms to fire him?
Could it be that other, less-reported acts were taking place under the control of the Attorney General?

Quote:'...Democrats see this latest move as an attempt to do just that.
"It is impossible to read Attorney General Sessions' firing as anything other than another blatant attempt by
@realDonaldTrump to undermine and end Special Counsel Mueller's investigation," Ms Pelosi -a front-runner
to become speaker of the House of Representatives following this week's mid-terms -tweeted.

She went on to argue that, "given his record of threats to undermine and weaken the Russia investigation", Mr Whitaker
should follow in Mr Sessions' footsteps and recuse himself. Her words were echoed by Democratic party Senate leader
Chuck Schumer, who added: "Clearly, the president has something to hide."

Why was Sessions fired?
The sacking followed months of Mr Trump criticising Mr Sessions, mainly for his decision to step aside from the Russia
inquiry in March 2017. Mr Sessions removed himself from the probe after Democrats accused him of failing to disclose
contacts he had had with the Russian ambassador as a senior adviser to Mr Trump's campaign.

In July 2017 Mr Trump told the New York Times: "Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to
recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else."...'

And here is the answer that if placed further up the article, would've reduced the piece and the opportunities to
imply dark goings-on in the White House. Wow... this Reporter is really subtle!

Quote:'...In a resignation letter, Mr Sessions -a former Alabama senator who was an early supporter of Mr Trump -made clear
the decision to go was not his own.

"Dear Mr President, at your request I am submitting my resignation," he wrote in an undated letter...'

Undated.

Quote:'What happens now?
Mr Whitaker can now assume control of the Mueller inquiry, which has been overseen by Deputy Attorney General Rod
Rosenstein until now. The president cannot directly fire the special counsel. But Mr Sessions's replacement will have the
power to do so, or end the inquiry.

Mr Whitaker expressed concerns over the investigation. In August 2017, he wrote a piece for CNN in which he stated that
looking into Mr Trump's personal finances, or those of his family, "goes beyond the scope of the appointment of the special
counsel".

He went on to call on Mr Rosenstein to "order Mueller to limit the scope of the investigation" or risk the inquiry starting
"to look like a political fishing expedition".
The deputy attorney general appointed Mr Mueller to lead the inquiry after Mr Trump fired FBI director James Comey in

The special counsel has also been investigating whether Mr Comey's firing amounted to obstruction of justice.
There has also been a question mark over Mr Rosenstein's future since it was alleged that he had discussed invoking
a constitutional clause to oust President Trump...'
BBC:

And Whitaker is correct, it's obvious that Mueller is struggling to find Ivan-The-Terrible in Trump's closet and has been
searching for any evidence that can be used as a negative. Sadly, such comments are offered by those in the media
of a 'certain narrative'

There is an analysis by Anthony Zurcher in the link, but it doesn't say anything except negative innuendo.
Like many of th mainstream media, it works off the 'Kavanaugh Scenario'.
To them, Trump is guilty, we just have to find the crime.
From BIAD's quote above.

Quote:The Democrats, who won the House in the mid-terms, have vowed to protect it.
Some Republicans appear to have shared the Democrats' concern over the future of the inquiry, which is being
led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Senator Susan Collins and Mitt Romney said it should not be impeded
in any way.

Of course they don't want anything to "impede it in any way"; they are the criminals investigating themselves. An outsider would certainly throw a wrench into them being able to coverup their crimes... every single one of them!

Better go get fitted for your orange jump suit guys...and gals; your day is just around the corner.

I suspect we'll have to wait until next year when the new Senators are sworn in before anything happens, but they know it's coming.
Until then, expect lots of rage, riots in the streets, shootings, etc. as the far left loses it's ever loving mind.
Looks like the Deep State is fighting back in a big way.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4740]

And in response to this threat, Q posted this regarding Marital Law.  I'm sure President Trump won't hesitate to use it should things get out of hand.   Post #2460  https://qntmpkts.keybase.pub/

Quote:Q !!mG7VJxZNCI No.435 [Image: fold.png]
Nov 7 2018 23:47:49 (EST) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law[Image: fold.png]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act[Image: fold.png]
"..or in response to chaos associated with protests and mob action,"
Article 1, Section 9 of the US Constitution states, "The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."
Q

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's time...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4741]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-08-2018, 07:57 PM)BIAD Wrote: It's time...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4741]

VERY COOL!  I'll get this over to Twitter as soon as I finish supper.   minusculeclap