Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Montreal leading the way in UFO sightings
Could it be that marijuana being legal now has a little something to do with this ? tinylaughing

In all seriousness though, I didn't know we had so many sightings in 2017. And not by nut job witnesses either..

Quote:"It's not just an average person seeing a light in the sky. It's someone with a good background of observing the sky … who sees something a bit more structured," Rutkowski said.

And here I was thinking that sightings were becoming rare nowadays.

Wroooooooong...

Quote:The annual Canadian UFO Survey released by UFOlogy Research of Manitoba shows there were 1,101 people who claim to have seen unusual lights and shapes in Canada's skies in 2017.

"UFOs still seem to be thing. They haven't gone away. And they don't seem to be declining in any numbers," science writer Chris Rutkowski told CTVNews.ca

Nearly half of the sightings last year were right here in La Belle Province, with 518 sightings (up from 430 in 2016). Ontario was second with 241.

Overall the research center said there are about three UFO sightings in Canada each day.

3 a day. Damn.

Quote:While the majority of unexplained happenings in the night sky come from rural areas, Montreal was Canada's UFO big city capital, with 74 reported sightings, Torontonians not wanting to be outdone reported 57 bizarre lights and objects flying overhead.

74 out of 518 for the whole province. It's quite a lot. 14%.

Quote:In the 29 years since the UFO report began, the centre has catalogued 19,138 UFO reports in Canada.

Even if 1% of those is evidence of something, it still is 191 sightings. Damn Damn.

[Image: Canada-UFO-map-2017.png?%24p=0f62e72]

Is it just me or is there a heck of a lot of sightings along the U.S. / Canada borders?

What are they actually watching? The actual action will take place further south at the U.S. / Mexico borders.

Things that make you go hummmmmm......

Do tell, any sightings in your parts of the woods?

Link: Aliens seem to like Poutine...
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
I used to see them on a regular basis when I worked third shift, but I quit work almost 3 years ago, so I haven't even paid any attention since then.

I'm sure they're still up there, it's just that most people don't look up these days; they have their nose in their phones.   :smalleyeroll: 

It is odd that so many would be seen at the U.S./Canada border.  Something to look in to.  Like, how many military bases are located nearby, etc.   minusculethinking