Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Merkel to Resign
While I'm not the best member here to be discussing what goes on across the pond regarding politics, I do think this might be good news. Not meaning her getting the European Commission Chief would be a good thing, but who's to say she would get it?

Am I wrong?

[Image: shutterstock_1046536084-702x459.jpg]

Quote:Bavaria’s state election last weekend proved painful for German Chancellor Angela Merkel. In yet another election next week, Ms. Merkel is expected to see further discomfiture.

The German leader could resign from her post at the December CDU party conference in December in order to take another senior European position.

“Rumours are swirling in Brussels that Merkel could run for the European Commission next year”, Die Welt’s Stefanie Bolzen tells the BBC.
As Jean-Claude Juncker gets ready to retire as European Commission President next year, there have been suggestions that French President Emanuel Macron is considering a run, Italy’s fierce and most popular politician in Italy’s history Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini has also been asked to run, and now Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel could potentially be throwing her hat into the ring.

May the best Italian win!

Sorry, I'm too enthralled with what's going on in the U.S. right now to keep up with other countries that much, so I don't know what to add to this.
My husband says that she is an Evil, Corrupt Bitch.

But I don't know,,,,,,
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I think the most telling line there is the last sentence of the quote - "may the best Italian win!". I doubt, from that, that either Merkel or Macron will win. That would mean that Merkel wpould undergo a THIRD "discomfiture". Couldn't happen to a more deserving evil, corrupt bitch... unless it happens to Hillary. I wonder if those two have their own little Evil Corrupt Bitch Club?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I have nor read about this, but it would seem the normal thing for the EU to do. She has helped the EU fu#k most of Europe so when the people get rid of her they put her in a post where she can keep fu#king Europe and there is nothing any one can do about it.
As far as the guy from Italy, no hope of him getting the job, how ever it might go to the lapdog Macron, but my money is on the cow.
One Down...

Quote:Angela Merkel to step down as German chancellor in 2021.

'Germany's Angela Merkel has said she will step down as chancellor in 2021, following recent election
setbacks. "I will not be seeking any political post after my term ends," she told a news conference in
Berlin.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4690]

She also said she would not seek re-election as leader of the centre-right CDU party in December.
She has held the post since 2000.

The CDU was severely weakened in Sunday's poll in the state of Hesse, the latest in a series of setbacks.
Both the CDU and its national coalition partners, the Social Democrats, were 10 percentage points down
on the previous poll there.

The election comes just weeks after Mrs Merkel's Bavarian sister party, the CSU, suffered huge losses in
a state parliament vote. Parties like the left-leaning Greens and the far-right, anti-immigration AfD have
grown in national support following the 2017 general election, as backing for the major centre parties has
waned...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
She will just get the job leading the EU and continue destroying the EU. Every thing changes and stays the same