Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anthony Weiner to be Released From Prison Early
The way our justice system works infuriates me.   :smallimpatient:  This is not fair to the victim(s) at all.

Quote:Last year, Anthony Weiner, the disgraced congressman from New York was sentenced to prison after he pleaded guilty to sending a 15-year-old child horrifically graphic texts, images of himself, and videos. Although he was sentenced to 21 months for his crimes, the child predator will be getting out of jail early according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

“This projected release date includes credit for good conduct time earned and good conduct time that may be earned throughout the remainder of his sentence,” the Bureau of Prisons told CNN.

Highlighting the stark special treatment the state gives child predator lawmakers over those caught with a plant is the case of Lee Carroll Brooker. Brooker is a 78-year-old veteran, who unlike Weiner, did not attempt to have sexual relations with a child, but is spending life in prison.

Too bad they did not find a plant on Weiner.   smallnotamused

Quote:Brooker attempted to self-medicate with a plant the state deems illegal and for this, he was sentenced to life in prison—with no possibility of ever getting out early, like the child predator Congressman. Unlike Weiner, Brooker’s actions had no victim, yet he was sentenced to die in a cage.

Life in prison for trying a NATURAL plant to help with his pain!   smallseeingred   I just... I just have no words.

No wonder our prisons are over-crowded.  I think it is time to re-write our laws about prison for non-violent crimes.

Quote:Sadly, this special treatment of child predator politicians is the rule, not the exception. In April of 2016, Dennis Hastert, former Speaker of the House and admitted child rapist, was sentenced to 15 months in prison after he was caught paying his victims to keep quiet. However, he was released early last year — two months before finishing his already insultingly lenient sentence.

To highlight just how two-sided this justice system in America is, below are the court documents detailing the actions of Weiner before his sentencing. Lee Brooker had a plant, just like hundreds of thousands of others currently rotting in jail right now. Anthony Weiner pursued sexual relations with a child.

Prosecutors filed these documents in Manhattan Federal Court before the Weiner was sentenced asking that the judge use the sentencing as an opportunity to send a message to other pedophiles.

Quote:The Government respectfully submits this memorandum in connection with the sentencing of Anthony Weiner, which is scheduled for September 25, 2017, following his guilty plea to transferring obscene material to a minor. Although the defendant’s self-destructive path from United States Congressman to felon is indisputably sad, his crime is serious and his demonstrated need for deterrence is real. The non-custodial sentence that Weiner proposes is simply inadequate; his crime deserves time in prison. For the reasons set forth below, the Government respectfully requests that Court sentence Weiner to a term of imprisonment within the range of 21 to 27 months.

I cannot even finish this post.   smallkillingpc

Read the rest here:  Source Article