Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Propaganda watch
A Tale Of Two Narratives.

Gleaned by Sky News and the BBC from a CBS 'Sixty Minutes'. Basically speaking, it's another example
of journalists writing about what other journalists have produced. Today, it's called 'news'!

Quote:Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman denies ordering Jamal Khashoggi murder.

'Mohammed bin Salman says the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi was a "heinous crime"
and a "mistake" by Saudi agents. In an interview with CBS's 60 Minutes, the crown prince said that
Mr Khashoggi's killing was a "heinous crime" and a "mistake" by agents of the Saudi government.

"But I take full responsibility as a leader in Saudi Arabia, especially since it was committed by individuals
working for the Saudi government," Prince Mohammed said. Asked if he ordered the murder of Mr Khashoggi,
who had criticised him in columns for The Washington Post, Prince Mohammed replied: "Absolutely not."...'
SKY News:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6438]

Quote:Saudi crown prince warns of 'Iran threat' to global oil.

'Saudi Arabia's crown prince has warned that oil prices could rise to "unimaginably high numbers" if the world
does not act to deter Iran. Mohammed bin Salman said a war between Saudi Arabia and Iran would ruin the
global economy, following an attack on its oil facilities two weeks ago which it blames on Tehran.

Speaking to CBS News, he also said he accepted some responsibility for the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
But he denied personally ordering it...'
BBC:

Also on this same day, the deceptive BBC continued their narrative of female oppression and how women of all
colours have broken the chains of this horrible situation in the UK with articles like these:

The sex education circus
'Performer and educator Jess Herman has come up with a creative way of teaching teenagers
about sex - she tours schools with her Sexual Health Circus...'

(If a male performer attempted this, I think we all know how the same article would be written!)

World War One hymn is nation's favourite.
'Jerusalem has been voted the UK's favourite hymn, in a vote held by BBC One's Songs of Praise.
The hymn, which takes an 1803 poem by William Blake and sets it to music written by Sir Hubert
Parry, beat How Great Thou Art to the top spot, with In Christ Alone coming third...'

(Since the perception of the song is seen as nationalistic in some quarters, the BBC felt it necessary to add the
image below to the piece in order to appease the Diversity Department!)

Inequalities in heart attack care 'costing women's lives'
'Women who suffer heart attacks are dying needlessly because they fail to recognise their symptoms
and receive poorer care than men, says a British Heart Foundation report.

Over 10 years, more than 8,000 women in England and Wales died unnecessarily after a heart attack,
it found. Experts say there are inequalities in diagnosis, treatment and aftercare.
"Unconscious biases are limiting the survival chances of women," the report warns...'

(A guy called Chris Gale -Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine and Head of Clinical and Population Sciences
Department at the University of Leeds, was involved in writing this article that the BBC 'massaged' for their
narrative.)

Are Sex Differences in Outcomes of Patients with ACS from Observational Registries Similar to
the Findings from Randomized Clinical Trials?

Background: The incidence of acute coronary syndrome is reported to be higher for males than females,
yet clinical outcomes following acute myocardial infarction are worse among females.

Information about acute coronary syndrome outcomes is obtained from randomised and cohort data.
However, randomised controlled trials which are designed to evaluate the efficacy of clinical interventions often have
limited external validity, and observational studies which draw inferences from the effect of an exposure whilst being
more generalizable are limited by confounding.

Methods: We undertook a structured literature review of research manuscripts published between 2000 and 2015 to
examine whether reported sex-dependent outcomes following acute coronary syndrome differed between randomised
control trials and observational registries.

Results: Of 56 manuscripts, we found consistency between the two types of study designs - each type of study describing
worse clinical outcomes for females with acute coronary syndrome. We also found a reduction in the use of guideline
recommended therapy in females.

Conclusion: Further research is needed to understand at a mechanistic and health services level why such a discrepancy
in clinical outcomes exists.
Researchgate:

Gay men given electric shocks 'to cure homosexuality' at QUB.

'"Some electrical wires would be attached initially to my feet.
"They would give me a shock and would continue giving me a shock every 15 or 30 seconds."

John, not his real name, underwent electrical aversion therapy at Queen's University Belfast (QUB)
while a student in the 1960s. He was shown pictures of naked men and given electric shocks if he
was aroused.
A spokesperson for QUB has expressed regret for the use of aversion therapy. 

John had grown up in the 1950s in a rural Northern Ireland town.
"My church was a Presbyterian church, so that was quite difficult when I realised I was gay," he told
BBC News NI. "When I was about 15, I realised I am one of these people who are homosexuals and
who are reviled really by the society I grew up in, so it was a big shock to me.
"I felt totally alone."

John initially spoke to his GP who, although sympathetic, arranged counselling for him at a local hospital.
However, when he went to QUB as a student in the late 1960s he was referred to the Department of
Mental Health at the university.
"I was quite happy to go along with whatever they told me, I wanted to be cured," he said...'

(So, an out-of-date perception was 'treated' and the BBC have offered this as another example of today's
society that doesn't want homosexuals in their midst.

I'm sure if one checks back to the 1960's, there's an alarming lack of articles from the BBC regarding
homosexual politicians -when it was still illegal in the UK, that met in the Gents toilet on Hampstead Heath.
I'm sure it would startle any of the dwindling BBC viewers or readers!

The BBC never touched it when they had the monopoly on controlling news.)

There are many other articles and they appear everyday on the BBC's website. All victim-driven stories and
always implying 'female empowerment' and leaving a whiff of all males are eternally horrible.
No wonder they're a dying trade.
tinysure

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6439]
Top Left: Sex Circus. Top Right: Jerusalem Song.
Bottom Left: Heart Attack-Women. Bottom Right: Electric-Shocks For Gays In The Sixties.

And finally...

Quote:BBC staff used to romp in cupboards and hang knickers on door to warn colleagues.

'Randy BBC staff used to have sex in cupboards and leave knickers outside to warn colleagues
not to come in. Veteran broadcaster John Humphrys revealed sordid details of the tanked-up trysts
just days after quitting Radio 4’s Today programme.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6441]

The 76-year-old, who presented the show for 32 years, said staff enjoyed boozed-up encounters in
the 1970s. He said: “I suppose everybody was getting off with everybody else, pretty much.
Everyone was half-pi ** ed all the time.

“There were bars at the BBC. All these locked rooms, where they’d hang knickers over the door to
indicate they were occupied.”
When asked if he took part, he said: “The trouble is, if you say ‘absolutely not,’ it would be po-faced.
But I was married at the time and no. “But I’m not a saint. Everybody flirted. That’s a tepid word for it.”

The Welshman, who has a passion for the environment, had a bizarre tip for gardeners. He revealed
that he fertilises his lawn with his own pee. John added: “Oh, that’s certainly true. I don’t wee directly
on the lawn. I wee in the watering can and then top it up with water.”

John was the Today programme’s longest-serving presenter.
In 2017 it was revealed his pay was £650,000 compared to co-presenter Mishal Husain’s £250,000...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
To most out there, there's an assumption that the legacy media have some-sort of commonsense when it
comes to relaying information to its readers. Today, Journalists believe that the idea of a click-bait title is to 
'trick' the reader into accessing an article that struggles to have any relevance to the title they given.

But not at The Guardian, oh no... they see their viewers as full-on Trump-haters and believe that smouldering
animosity will shroud any sapient view of the crap they write.

With prose that belongs in a fictitious romance paperback, Jo Tuckman explains that what a standard person
excepts as opportunistic commitments to be illegal for personal gain, are actually just poverty-stricken acts of
humans just trying to eke out an existence.

It's unbelievable that someone gets paid to write this!

Quote:‘We’ve been taken hostage’: African migrants stranded in Mexico after Trump's crackdown.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6445]

'Hundreds of migrants from Africa are stuck in Tapachula because of Mexico’s willingness to
bow to Trump and stem the flow of migrants

Neh knew she was taking a risk when she got involved with English-language activists in mostly-Francophone
Cameroon.

She had no way of know that her decision would eventually force her to flee her country, fly halfway across the
world and then set out on a 4,000-mile trek through dense jungle and across seven borders – only to leave her
stranded in southern Mexico, where her hopes of finding safety in the US were blocked by the Mexican
government’s efforts to placate President Donald Trump’s anti-migrant rage.

“It is just too much,” sobbed Neh,at a protest camp set up by migrants from across Africa outside the main
immigration offices in the sweltering southern city of Tapachula. “We thought our suffering was almost over.
And now we’re stuck here, treated like the lowest citizens on earth.”

Not that long ago, Neh worked as a microfinance officer and lived with her husband and three children in a
small town in the West of Cameroon.
Earlier this year, she joined a group campaigning for anglophone independence. She insists her activism was
peaceful and that she never supported rebel groups, but amid spiralling violence, she was arrested, beaten,
and raped by soldiers.

One night, an officer took her from her cell and told her to start running. She imagined she was about to die
-but instead she ran into the arms of her husband who had paid a bribe for her freedom.

Hustled into hiding, Neh was then put on a plane to Quito where she joined the growing number of migrants
from around the world using Ecuador as the jumping off point for the passage north.

The harrowing journey requires crossing the the lawless jungles of Darien Gap between Colombia and Panama,
where migrants risk wild animals, raging rivers and predatory robbers. For seven days, the 37-year-old hauled
herself up and down mountain slopes, hanging on tree roots.
Crossing a river, she was almost swept away by the current; an insect bite paralyzed her arm.
And each day, her group passed the bloated and half-eaten corpses of others who had died on the same trail.

The next stage of her odyssey was more straightforward. With the help of bribes and official paperwork, Neh
travelled by bus across Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, and Guatemala. She began to dream of
a new life in the US, reunited with the three children she had left behind.

And then, in Mexico, everything ground to an halt. She joined hundreds of migrants from Cameroon, the Democratic
Republic of Congo, Angola, Eritrea, Mauritania, and a smattering of other African countries who are stuck in
Tapachula because of Mexico’s willingness to bow to Trump and stem the flow of migrants..

Trump’s main target has always Central Americans who account for most of the migrant flow through Mexico.
But the crackdown has caught up travelers from all around the world.

Their situation has only been exacerbated by US policies. Earlier this month the US supreme court ruled that the
US authorities could deny asylum to anybody who passed through another country to get there.

Meanwhile, US officials have pressured Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador to accept asylum seekers from
third countries, even though they are among the most dangerous countries in the world.

“We have been taken hostage. We want our freedom,” said José Pelé Messa, a TV presenter who fled the
Democratic Republic of Congo in 2010 – first for Angola, and then Brazil, which he had left earlier this year
when the security situation there made life untenable.

Around him, the inhabitants of the protest camp were gearing up for another day of boredom, under the watchful
eye of a group of National Guard officers in riot gear. Railings were draped with blankets and clothes sodden in
the previous night’s downpour.

Migrants –grouped by nationality or language –pored over documents in Spanish that they couldn’t read or scanned
their phones for news from home. A pregnant woman prepared soup on a small wooden burner outside her tent.
A couple of toddlers were using discarded plastic bottles as drums.

Pelé gestured at the desultory scene: “I took my children through the jungle for this? I’m a corpse. I just haven’t started
rotting yet.” Until recently, African migrants were waved through Mexico by immigration officials who had no interest in
stopping them.

But after Trump’s threat of trade tariffs in May, Mexico’s government scrambled to clamp down: flooding the south of
the country with law enforcement, and stepping up cooperation with the US policy of sending asylum seekers back
into northern Mexico while their cases are processed.

For Central Americans trying to get through southern Mexico the crackdown has brought more raids, record numbers
of deportations, and greater vulnerability to criminal attacks as they are pushed into less visible routes.
For migrants from countries in Africa, who are much harder to repatriate, it has meant being kept in limbo.

Previously, Mexican immigration authorities had typically issued African migrants with documents ordering them to sort
out their status or leave the country within 21 days. Now these documents, which had previously served as de facto
transit visas, order them to leave by the southern border.

“Mexico is using us as an instrument of politics to please Donald Trump,” said Serge, 21, who also fled the conflict in
Cameroon. “This is creating a lot of anger among us.” Frustration in the camp has bubbled over several times, leading
to some scuffles with the authorities.

This weekend a small group of desperate Africa temporarily blocked a car carrying Filippo Grandi, the head of UNHCR
who was visiting Tapachula. One pregnant woman threw herself in front of the car’s wheels crying and pleading for help.
Migrants are particularly angered by the perception that they are being coerced into applying for asylum in Mexico
–where few feel safe and almost none want to stay.

“Mexico is playing games with us,” said a 36-year-old engineer from Eritrea who identified himself as Mr Testahiwet.
“This is the way to get to America and we want to go to America. Mexico is the wrong place to ask for asylum.”

Some are so desperate they have begun looking for ways to get through Mexico undetected – through Mexico undetected
– though their skin colour and their lack of Spanish makes this hard to do.

One recent dawn, at a major crossing point on the Suchiate river, not far from Tapachula, around 10 Cameroonians clambered
onto a raft made of huge inner tubes and headed towards the Guatemalan side. The migrants sat in a glum and nervous silence
as they were punted across, and then piled into cars with blackened windows, presumably driven by people smugglers who had
promised to get them through Mexico by another route.

Back at the camp, Kelly, another English-speaking refugee from Cameroon, said she hadn’t been able to speak to her children
for weeks. Back home, she had been a physics teacher, but she fled her job and her home when the rebels enforced a school
boycott on pain of death.

“You leave when you can’t take it anymore. You start running, and you keep running until you can stop,” she said. “We are not
looking for greener pastures –we are looking for safety.”..'
The Guardian:

Regardless of the 'harrowing' journey, why didn't Neh just get off the plane at a US airport and declare her situation?
Oh sorry, I accidentally showed my standard levels.
tinysure

A sad story but what about the 10000s of European women raped and given STDs by people from these country's. Sorry for been non PC, the the story of European women and children is never told
Is the playbook running out of plays, or are the people just seeing the lies more clearly now?

Quote:House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) was called out by the Washington Post for claiming last month that his panel had "not spoken directly with the whistleblower" - a CIA employee whose second-hand account of a phone conversation between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodomyr Zelensky sparked impeachment proceedings.
"Have you heard from the whistleblower? Do you want to hear from the whistleblower? What protections could you provide to the whistleblower?" Schiff was asked during a Sept. 17 interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." 

"We have not spoken directly with the whistleblower. We would like to," replied Schiff, adding "But I am sure the whistleblower has concerns that he has not been advised, as the law requires, by the inspector general or the director of national Intelligence just how he is supposed to communicate with Congress, and so the risk to the whistleblower is retaliation."

After it was revealed that the whistleblower approached Schiff's panel - which then directed him to a Democrat attorney, the Post gave Schiff four Pinocchios for his statement, which they called "Flat-out false."

"Schiff on 'Morning Joe' clearly made a statement that was false," said the fact-checker. "He now says he’s was answering the wrong question, but if that was the case, he should have quickly corrected the record. He compounded his falsehood by telling reporters a few days later that if not for the [inspector general's] office, the committee would not have known about the complaint. That again suggested there had been no prior communication."
"The explanation that Schiff was not sure it was the same whistleblower especially strains credulity," added WaPo. "Schiff earns Four Pinocchios."

For those keeping track, Schiff has now lied about his panel's contacts with the 'whistleblower' and fabricated quotes from the Trump-Zelensky phone call, which he later scrambled to call a parody.

A House Intel Committee spokesperson told The Post that Schiff's reply "should have been more carefully phrased." 

"Regarding Chairman Schiff’s comments on ‘Morning Joe,’ in the context, he intended to answer the question of whether the Committee had heard testimony from the whistleblower, which they had not," said the spokesperson. "As he said in his answer, the whistleblower was then awaiting instructions from the Acting [Director of National Intelligence] as to how the whistleblower could contact the Committee. Nonetheless he acknowledges that his statement should have been more carefully phrased to make that distinction clear."

I saw a report this morning where members of Congress were asking Shifty Shit to resign as the Democrat Committee Chairman.
They see he is damaging them with his never-ending lies too.
Now that it has been announced by several on The Hill in D.C. that the I.G. will be released this coming Friday (Oct. 18), the Demos are trying to get ahead of it by putting out every kind of lie they can come up with to smear our beloved President Trump.
Not only did Shifty Shit lie about the phone call to the Ukraine President, but now it appears someone has inserted a meme that was shown at a conference for his supporters at his Miami resort last week that has created quite a stir in the media. And you know the New York Times jumped right on it!  

Quote:WASHINGTON — A video depicting a macabre scene of a fake President Trump shooting, stabbing and brutally assaulting members of the news media and his political opponents was shown at a conference for his supporters at his Miami resort last week, according to footage obtained by The New York Times.

Several of Mr. Trump’s top surrogates — including his son Donald Trump Jr., his former spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis — were scheduled to speak at the three-day conference, which was held by a pro-Trump group, American Priority, at Trump National Doral Miami. Ms. Sanders and a person close to Mr. Trump’s son said on Sunday that they did not see the video at the conference.

Stephanie Grisham, the White House press secretary, said on Twitter Monday that while Mr. Trump has not seen the video, “based upon everything he has heard, he strongly condemns” it.

There you go Libs and all those screaming on social media wanting to know why Trump hasn't condemned the video. Answer: HE HAS!  You just aren't trying to find it.

Quote:The video, which includes the logo for Mr. Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign, comprises a series of internet memes. The most violent clip shows Mr. Trump’s head superimposed on the body of a man opening fire inside the “Church of Fake News” on parishioners who have the faces of his critics or the logos of media organizations superimposed on their bodies. It appears to be an edited scene of a church massacre from the 2014 dark comedy film “Kingsman: The Secret Service.”

Skipping ahead...

Quote:The organizer of the event said in a statement on Sunday that the clip had been played at the conference, saying it was part of a “meme exhibit.” He denounced the video and said his organization was looking into how it was shown at the event.

“Content was submitted by third parties and was not associated with or endorsed by the conference in any official capacity,” said the organizer, Alex Phillips. “American Priority rejects all political violence and aims to promote a healthy dialogue about the preservation of free speech. This matter is under review.”
(Highlights are mine)

This is just one more example of the hypocrisy from the Left.
Where was their outrage when Marylin Manson depicted President Trump in the teaser for his "Say10" (Satan) music video?  (Credit to Mark Dice on Twitter)

[Image: EG0CAizUwAElJVy?format=png&name=small]

And, what about when Snoop Dog showed himself shooting President Trump in the head with his gun?  Do any of you remember the Left getting upset about that?

And we certainly can't leave out Kathy Griffin holding a severed head with fake blood that appeared to be President Trump!  No outrage there!

The D.C. Swamp is in full panic mode. They know their names are about to be shown to the masses and their evil corruption exposed.  Expect more and more memes and fake stories to come out for the Liberals and far left Democrats to keep them brainwashed as the week continues.

Just remember, it's all FAKE!

Here is the video that has the Left up in arms:

All I see here is President Trump taking out the bad guys, which is what he is doing, although he's not doing it with a gun, but the legal way by exposing them as the crooks in our government/media.  
This report by The Last Refuge shows which agencies use which media outlet to get their propaganda stories out, and how each agency then comes in to reinforce whatever narrative they're trying to spin.
It's quite interesting to learn how they scratch each other's back to pull the wool over the eyes of the public.

Quote:The activity of the “small group” of coup plotters consists of three generalized subsidiary agencies: (1) DOJ/FBI, (2) CIA/ODNI, and (3) The State Department.

Within each “small group faction” a years-long review of their narrative constructs shows the groups have specific and unique media outlets for their offensive (’16, ’17) and defensive (’18, ’19) propaganda efforts.

•The DOJ/FBI faction of the “small group” leaks to narrative engineers at the New York Times and NBC.
•The CIA/ODNI faction utilize the Washington Post and ABC; and
•the State Dept. faction use CNN and CBS. Each faction uses the same reporters & pundits for their distribution. This pattern, albeit generalized, has been consistent for several years.

The originating media entity -utilizing the leaks, opinions and agenda of the faction most concerned- starts the process. The secondary media groups come in for support – reporting on the reporting; and then reporting on the reporting of the reporting… and so on. This process provides a concentric distribution effort to bolster the originating premise.

And this is how it works to brainwash the public. When you hear the same things over and over and over, people start to believe it's true, even without proof.

Quote:It is important to remember this concerted process whenever we are reviewing media articles concerning the matters of interest to each of the “small group” factions.

In essence, the propagandists within the media are the same; and the sources for the positions reflected in the articles are the same. Wash, rinse and repeat depending on the identified risk.

Continue reading to learn how this operation has been used recently, and by which agency, in the Spy Gate scandal.

DOJ-FBI “Small Group” Promote Defense of Spygate Operations – Former FBI/DOJ Officials Nervous, Hiring Lawyers…
If the lame-stream media tell me the sun will rise tomorrow, I won't believe it!

They'll say sorry when they get caught, then lie again to you tomorrow.
Just after President Trump announced our victory of taking out one of the worst terrorists in the world, (which the Dems also didn't like), he attended a baseball game in Washington, D.C.  Tickets cost around $1,000 each, so I heard people saying, so you only had the "elite" attending. Of course, people in D.C. don't like President Trump because he is destroying their gravy train of corruption.

According to MSM, he was greeted with boos and chants of "lock him up" when the announcement came that he was there.

Really?!!!   tinyok 

Quote:NEW YORK (AP) — The boos were loud. And for President Donald Trump, they may have felt unfamiliar.
Trump was showered with jeers, boos and chants (as well as some cheers) when he attended a World Series game at Nationals Park in Washington on Sunday. It was a rare moment of in-your-face disapproval for a president whose White House goes out of the way to shield him from protests and demonstrators.

Since taking office, Trump has rarely ventured out to places in his deeply Democratic adopted home city or elsewhere that might feature high-volume hostility or a cold shoulder.

When the boos began as Trump's image flashed on the ballpark's giant video screen, the president seemed momentarily taken aback. He mouthed something to his wife, Melania Trump, while gamely trying to clap along. But his smile froze and then faded as the boos continued and some in the crowd launched into a brief chant of "Lock him up," a version of the phrase chanted against Hillary Clinton at dozens of Trump rallies during the 2016 campaign.

White House officials tried to play down the negative feedback, which erupted when Trump's image appeared on the giant video screen during a tribute to the military.

"I know that there were some people cheering as well. But, listen, it's Washington D.C. It's a pretty liberal town," White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said Monday.

Though White House officials were prepared for jeers in a ballpark located in a city where only 4 percent of residents voted for Trump, some thought the president's announcement hours earlier about the death of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi might temper some of the boos. That proved not to be the case, despite efforts to limit the heckling.

Read more: Ballpark boos a rarity for shielded president

Ok, so that's what the MSM is reporting. What they don't report is that the media added boos, edited through a software program and into the microphone. The genius Anons on 4Chan found it was added in. They debunked it in under 24 hours.

Blake Q. Boston tweeted this out:

Quote:[/url]Blake Q. Boston
@BostonCueBlake
[url=https://twitter.com/BostonCueBlake]

Ran this through my software. Boos clearly added. Another deep state lie

[Image: EH7ioChUYAA874C?format=jpg&name=small]

The media enhanced the booing and "lock him up".

With the 2020 election quickly approaching, they have to take every opportunity to make the citizens think our beloved President is hated by the majority. He is only hated by those people who get their money through the corruption that runs in the swamp of D.C. because he's taking away their gravy train, and the fools with no brain to see through the lies of the media jump right on board.

I ask you to please, watch a Trump Rally next time he does one. Look at the crowds inside and out, and listen to what he says. Decide for yourself if he is the evil, racist, dictator the Left portrays him to be. In reality, he's probably the best President we've ever had.

Any one of those running in the Democrat race will be the downfall of our country if they get elected.

Well.. tying in with above

Anti Trump Hysteria covering this up
Distraction 

So this goes away??

Just a thought
Transatlantic bullsh*t, but a fine display of how the dying media drive a narrative.

First, The American version.

Quote:Will & Kate, Harry & Meghan reunite in first public event in months for Remembrance festival.

'In the wake of alleged rifts between Prince William and Prince Harry, and their respective wives,
Duchess Kate of Cambridge and Duchess Meghan of Sussex, the four royals have reunited in public.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6634]
LONDON, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 09: Queen Elizabeth II ©, with (L-R) Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge,
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Birgitte,
Duchess of Gloucester, Sir Tim Laurence, Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, Princess Anne, Princess Royal,
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, Prince Harry,
Duke of Sussex, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Carrie Symonds attend the annual Royal British Legion
Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall on November 09, 2019 in London, England.

The royal family gathered Saturday for the annual Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at Royal
Albert Hall, where all were dressed in somber colors for the occasion, which commemorates those who
have lost their lives in conflicts...'
USA Today:

Then a tabloid in the UK.

Quote:Harry and Meghan 'cut out' of William and Kate's photo amid rumoured royal feud.

'The Duke and Duchess of Sussex appeared to have been cropped out of a photo from last night's Remembrance
service that appeared on the official Kensington Palace Instagram account.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6633]
A picture shared on the Kensington Royal account crops out Harry and Meghan.

Prince William and Kate Middleton fuelled rumours of a royal feud with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle last night
after posting a picture with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex cropped out.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's official Instagram account shared a series of pictures from last night's
Remembrance service at London's Royal Albert Hall, including a sweet picture of the couple.
They also shared a group photo of the royal box, with a number of the family pictured including the Queen, Prince
Charles and Camilla.

But when an uncropped picture was posted on Harry and Meghan's Instagram, it was clear the picture used by
William and Kate's account had cut out the Sussexes...'
Daily Star:

Kate and William are in the freakin' picture...! How can they be responsible for what somebody did?!

Different photos, not a cropped version - although the one posted may have been cropped, it was cropped from a different photo. I noticed the poor crop job because part of Camilla is cropped out, and there is a gap to her left that could have been made good use of, even if they wanted to crop out Harry and his spouse. Then I noticed that in one, they are clapping, and in the other, they are not. Also, in one the Queen is standing, and in the other she is seated.

Different photos, maybe with a different zoom or field of view...

... or maybe just a bad crop job.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(11-11-2019, 02:50 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Different photos, maybe with a different zoom or field of view...

... or maybe just a bad crop job.

Yep, when there's nothing to report, then make something up.
I think we'll find that a lot of what's been reported during this time of Trump and Brexit is actually
fake news.
Saturday afternoon, 100.pm. 16th November 2019.

Quote:UK snow latest: Somerset cars STRANDED as heavy snow causes chaos -and more is set to fall.

'Heavy snow showers has left motorists stranded and forced to abandon their vehicles on roads across
Somerset...'

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6664]
Express:

The brother of my mother-in-law just texted my wife from Somerset where they're currently renting a place
whilst looking for a new home. They originated from the North-East of England.

My wife: Glad to hear you're well. How are you dealing with the terrible blizzards?
M-In-Law's Brother: Apart from the odd heavy shower, it's just been dull and dry.

Fake News?

I think Q is sending us a signal that the "fake news" media is about to be dismantled.  It would help things a lot if President Trump would abolish that law that makes it legal to publish propaganda to confuse the issue.

Quote:3655

Critical to Deconstruct Foreign (Mossad) Control of US Mainstream and Alternative Media
Q!!Hs1Jq13jV6 7 Dec 2019 - 11:42:24 AM
[Image: 4575ed9ed5141bbbc541e820c930eaf0027b9b11...0d3a3e.jpg]
Dxn_Rd9UUAAPmNk.jpg

Relevant to today re: F assets.
Deconstruction of foreign controlled [intel] US media [+alt] critical.
Untouchable re: State backed?
Epstein thought so.
Puppets & Puppet Masters.
Q
Amazing Polly does it again with a deep dive into how the media produces fake news to control the narrative, and the connections of people all around the world to pull off their lies.

It's really worth the watch. Pass it along to your friends.
Go to her You Tube video and give this a thumbs up so her ratings go up and it gets suggested to more people.  Thanks!

It'd be easy to say that not all Journalists are assisting in creating a false reality for public consumption.
However, there's never any real fight-back by those investigators who the Establishment originally
endorsed.
Sadly, they just walk away.

(IMHO- Bellingcat can't be trusted).

From Sonic the Hedgehog to Star Wars, Are fans to entitled

Quote:
  • By Stephen Kelly
14 February 2020
In the spring of 2019, director Jeff Fowler announced that the titular character of his new film, the live-action adaptation of  Sonic the Hedgehog, would be totally redesigned in the wake of fan backlash to its debut trailer. “Thank you for the support. And the criticism,” he tweeted. “The message is loud and clear... you aren’t happy with the design and you want changes. It's going to happen.” And it did.

More like this:
- Is cinema really at war with the rich?
- Will the Stars Wars universe survive?
- What makes a Hollywood heartthrob

The Sonic which whizzes into cinemas today no longer possesses a full set of human teeth, no longer possesses two little beady eyes, and in general no longer embodies the traits and silhouette of a 10-year-old boy who has been cursed by an old witch. He is now cartoonish, bright, alive. In the words of Fowler, “This wouldn’t have been possible without the fans.”

Quote:I don’t know quite how I feel about the audience being in on the creation of it while it’s happening – Jim Carrey

The ability of fans to shape and change the art they enjoy is nothing new. In 1893, the reaction to Arthur Conan Doyle killing off Sherlock Holmes was so intense that he eventually resurrected him ten years later. Historian Greg Jenner, author of forthcoming book Dead Famous (a study of the history of fame), has even tracked the characteristics of modern fandom back to the 1700s, when rival supporters of English theatre actresses would compete for dominance like Team Aniston or Team Jolie.  And to the 1920s, where fan groups would write thousands of letters to movie studios demanding their favourite actor be given better roles. “It was the same thing,” he says, “as Sonic the Hedgehog having weird teeth and people going, ‘No, that’s not the game I played as a kid, you need to fix it or I am not giving you any money.’”

[Image: p0837m42.jpg]
The enormous success of Game of Thrones helped introduce geek culture – and its brand of participatory fandom – to the mainstream (Credit: Alamy)

Yet the unprecedented decision to redesign Sonic the Hedgehog – to surrender so transparently to audience wishes – represents something of a landmark moment in the modern relationship between artist and fan. The latter of whom – thanks to the connective power of the internet, and a changing media landscape – has never been so influential, so vocal, and some would argue, so entitled. Should fans have this much of a say in the pop culture they consume? And if so, what does it mean for art itself?

“I don’t know quite how I feel about the audience being in on the creation of it while it’s happening,” said Jim Carrey, who plays Sonic’s nemesis Dr Robotnik, when asked about it last year. “I believe in auteurs, and I believe in creatives. I believe in having them do it. As far as something like a Sonic character, that’s something people have a sense of ownership from their childhood. So, of course, they’re going to get involved if they can.

We’ll see if it’s a good thing or a bad thing.”

How the geeks inherited the Earth

The last decade or so has witnessed huge changes in the awareness, perception and tools of fandom. In terms of television and film, the enormous successes of Game of Thrones and the Marvel Cinematic Universe have introduced geek culture – and its brand of participatory fandom – to the mainstream. At the same time, the internet – and more specifically social media – has amplified fans’ voices, while also breaking down the boundaries between them and the artists they love/hate.

Yet the extent to which the internet has changed the very nature of fandom is debatable. According to leading media scholar Henry Jenkins, whose 1992 book Textual Poachers is considered the founding text of fan studies, it has merely “increased the scope and scale of the fan community, allowed for ongoing interactions amongst fans, and made the entertainment industry more aware of the kind of fan responses which have been occurring all along”.

Quote:Many of today's critical darlings are following practices that were modelled first in fan fiction – Henry Jenkins
Case in point: in 1968, Star Trek fans – a group who essentially invented the framework of modern fandom – orchestrated a huge and successful letter-writing campaign to save the show from cancellation. Then, in subsequent years, they also popularised fan fiction as we now know it, publishing stories for each other in zines, and pioneering the homoerotic literary sub-genre of slash fiction (the term ‘slash’ literally derives from the punctuation between Kirk / Spock).

Now fans weaponise hashtags and online petitions to revive shows like The Expanse and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, or to take showrunners to task with criticisms of their blind spots and choices. One notable example is the teen show The 100, which sparked ire in 2016 after killing off one of the show’s prominent gay characters; an act that was seen by many to perpetuate the ‘bury your gays’ trope that has been prevalent in TV and film.

And as for fan fiction? There is, most famously, E L James’ Fifty Shades of Grey series, which was inspired by Stephanie Meyer’s Twilight and originally posted on a fan website. But, beyond that, there is also the platform Archive of Our Own, which in 2019 won a Hugo award for its archive of more than 4.7 million fan-written stories.

“Fans engaging actively with the materials of their culture has improved our world in countless ways,” says Jenkins. “Television as it exists today is largely a response to modes of engagement that fans have modelled over the past several decades – [a form] where more attention is paid to backstories and secondary characters, where there is a greater degree of serialisation and the core mythology is sustained across multiple media platforms, and which builds in space for exploration and speculation. And now, which seeks to be more diverse and inclusive in whose stories get told… Many of today’s critical darlings are following practices that were modelled first in fan fiction.”

[Image: p0837m4l.jpg]

E L James’s Fifty Shades of Grey franchise is the ultimate fan-fiction success, having been originally posted on a Twilight fan website (Credit: Alamy)

Perhaps one of the most profound changes of the last 10 years is the extent to which the entertainment industry has begun to exploit the passion of fanbases for their own commercial ends. “The industry needs fans more than ever before,” explains academic Suzanne Scott, author of Fake Geek Girls, a study of the gender politics of fandom. “They need fans to ensure big opening weekends at the box office, they need them as promotional labour to create more ‘authentic’ excitement around a media object, or to distinguish one text from the glut of content that we are constantly choosing between as consumers.” Just take the techniques employed by Netflix, who have become masters of facilitating ‘organic’ conversation around their output.

When fans bite back

On the more extreme end of the spectrum, they even rely on them as investors. A famous example being the 2014 big-screen revival of cult TV detective drama Veronica Mars, a sequel made possible only by the crowdfunding efforts of fans, and which subsequently led to a 2019 TV return on streaming service Hulu. With the latter series, this equal partnership dynamic started to become complicated, however, with certain fans recoiling in horror when creator Rob Thomas killed off love interest Logan. To quote journalist Constance Grady, writing for Vox: “Thomas, they said, had taken advantage of their desire to see Veronica and Logan together, using their investment as shippers to leverage not just their time and attention, but the literal dollars out of their pockets. In that case, didn’t he owe them something?”

Jenkins thinks it’s a fair question. “The sense of ownership reflects the way humans have always engaged with stories,” he says. “We use stories to make sense of who we are. We use stories to debate our values, fears, and aspirations. We display our attachment to stories in various ways and we define ourselves through which stories mean the most to us. There’s nothing odd about this. What is odd is the idea that corporations want to claim a monopoly over the storytelling process, resist input from their audience, and lock down stories from further circulation and elaboration.”

But such a fan-guided approach to art also feels endemic of a time when a lot of mainstream storytelling has come to be regarded more as a product designed to service the consumer than a means of artistic expression. This, in a sense, is what Martin Scorsese was getting at last year when he said that superhero movies were more akin to theme parks than cinema; a comment many construed to be a jibe at the most dominant franchise of the age – the Marvel Cinematic Universe – which tends to prize tonal and stylistic uniformity above all else. Which is not to say, of course, that they are not good films. But much like biting into a Big Mac, when you see a Marvel movie, you tend to know what you’re going to get.
Quote:The final season of Game of Thrones resulted in a petition of more than a million signatures for HBO to remake it. Ridiculous? Yes. But maybe that was the point

This kind of thinking, in turn, gives rise to the kind of behaviour that has come to be known as ‘fan entitlement’. After all, when you buy a product – when you spend your hard-earned attention, dedication and time – why should it not be exactly what you wanted? It’s a sense of ownership that was at the heart of two of the last decade’s most notorious pop-culture controversies: the last series of Game of Thrones, and 2017’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi. (Both of which, in what is surely not a coincidence, were continuations of stories that did not involve their original creators, and instead were overseen by professional writers who were fans – whose authority to tell those stories could be questioned).

The former was fairly straightforward: the last series of Game of Thrones, as also agreed by many professional critics, was a disappointing end to a series in which fans had invested eight years of their life. Among other things, this resulted in a petition of more than a million signatures for HBO to remake the last series without ‘incompetent’ showrunners David Benioff and DB Weiss. Ridiculous? Yes. But a generous reading is that that was the point – to articulate protest and dissent by exploiting the hunger of the digital news media, who are regularly complicit in amplifying toxic sub-communities in search of traffic.

[Image: p0837m1y.jpg]

A vocal minority of Star Wars fans despised The Last Jedi so much they clogged the internet for months with abuse – especially directed at actress Kelly Marie Tran (Credit: Alamy)

The Last Jedi furore
, however, was a bit more complicated. Directed by Rian Johnson, the second in the latest Star Wars trilogy was a film that aspired to show that stylistically bold and thematically challenging filmmaking was still possible within the constraints of the franchise system. Many critics and fans adored it. But a vocal minority – aghast at its rejection of nostalgia, of inherited power, of the idea that an older Luke Skywalker would not be more complex than a levelled up video game character – despised it so much they clogged the internet for months with vitriol and abuse. (Kelly Marie Tran, whose character Rose they especially disliked, even ended up leaving social media altogether due to sustained harassment.) And so, in a craven capitulation to the worst impulses of modern fandom, JJ Abrams followed Johnson’s film with The Rise of Skywalker – a desperate and creatively bankrupt barrage of fan service which will forever serve as a reminder of the difference between giving fans what they want, versus giving them what they need.

How fandom fed into the culture wars

Yet it would be naive to think that the backlash against The Last Jedi – and indeed, against Tran – were motivated purely by a dislike of storytelling choices. Instead The Last Jedi has become one of many flashpoints in recent years – the 2016 female-led reboot of Ghostbusters being another – in which the TV and film industry’s push for diversity and inclusion has been met with vicious campaigns of racism and misogyny.

“Racism and misogyny in fandom isn’t a new phenomenon,” explains Suzanne Scott, “it’s just being felt more acutely in recent decades, in part because of the ease with which these attacks can be orchestrated on social media platforms.
Quote:Fandom is not necessarily extreme: the current moment is extreme. And fandom is as much part of the solution as it is part of the problem – Henry Jenkins

“Some of the issue here is the misconception that science fiction and fantasy fandoms have long been a preserve for straight white men when they have some of the most diverse fan bases of any genre. So some of the toxicity is definitely a small percentage of white straight male fans
conflating mainstreaming with a forced diversification when that diversity has always been there. The bottom line is that these types of fans are used to being at the centre of these stories, and now that is shifting they likely feel a loss of power when, ironically, they remain privileged in almost all respects.”

What makes things even more complex, however, is how these backlashes against the changing face of pop culture tend to feed into the wider culture war between conservative and progressive values – and vice versa. It has long been argued, for instance, that the 2014 controversy Gamergate, which involved harassment campaigns against women and minorities in the video games industry, laid the groundwork for the tactics of the alt-right; who themselves have found fertile ground amongst men angry at black stormtroopers and female ghostbusters. Meanwhile, right-wing newspapers in the UK launder negative fan opinions of, say, the current storylines of Doctor Who to support their own agendas against so-called ‘wokeness’.

[Image: p0837lyw.jpg]

The current era of Doctor Who has seen the media leverage negative fan opinion about the series in their war against ‘wokeness’ (Credit: Alamy)

But is this a fandom problem? Or is fandom simply a symptom of a larger disease? “It’s dangerous to paint this as a clean case of cause and effect,” says Scott. “In my view, the relationship between these incidents and our current political moment is completely symbiotic: in retrospect,
these incidents seem like a subcultural sign of things to come, but our culture war isn’t a product of fandom. If anything, this moment in fan culture is evidence of how long these culture wars have been waged, and how deeply they permeate our interactions with society, culture, and each other.”

Jenkins, however, remains optimistic in the power of fandom – and its power to bring us together as well as tear us apart. “Some of these debates have certainly been part of the larger partisan divides and culture wars of our times,” he says. “But, again, this is only part of the story since fandoms also offer shared space for conservatives and liberals to come together around shared interests that are not automatically defined in partisan terms and talk through their hopes and fears for the future together. In this regard, fandom is not extreme: the current moment is extreme. And fandom is as much part of the solution as it is part of the problem.”

Sonic the Hedgehog
is out today.

Love film? Join BBC Culture Film Club on Facebook, a community for film fanatics all over the world.
If you would like to comment on this story or anything else you have seen on BBC Culture, head over to our Facebook page or message us on Twitter.
And if you liked this story, sign up for the weekly bbc.com features newsletter, called The Essential List. A handpicked selection of stories from BBC Future, Culture, Worklife and Travel, delivered to your inbox every Friday.

To me this was an obvious bit of propaganda

A response set of propaganda

They are really mad over this

outcome

(02-16-2020, 02:37 AM)Armonica_Templar Wrote: [Image: p0837lyw.jpg]

The current era of Doctor Who has seen the media leverage negative fan opinion about the series in their
war against ‘wokeness’...
(Credit: Alamy)

There's a section of first-world society that wants to destroy what has gone before. The reasons are many
and hold worth that range from serious to fickle.

The Dr. Who series consisted of a white male character who's attributes indicated high standards and power.
The current episodes are a mirror-image of the programmes' history due to the deliberate goal of destroying
the presumed embedded-confidence of bygone times.

The opposite of control, high moral ethics and self-belief are obvious and within such chaos, seats of power
can be usurped. However, this only a single method in -what I believe, is a long-game.
Sadly, the people who are performing this mild alteration are only puppets in such a long-term scheme.

Ratings are everything in television and for this pernicious behavior to be allowed, lends credibility that higher
forces are at work. The theme that Hollywood and the BBC adhere to is expensive and when it comes to agendas,
those plans must originate from those financing the conduits to propagate such nefarious designs.
If not, these projects can fade away or stop when someone oblivious to what is wanted and with different ideas
steps in.

It's not all about making faces at the establishment, sexually-abusing confused and non-anchored children or even
swapping-out genders and races in roles of power because of a self-perceived notion of unfairness.

It's about creating insecurity in something that's taken for granted and to do that, one must have the conviction
that one's world isn't what they want it to be or hold a terrible hatred of what is seen as established and typical
of that society.

It's cult-like.

Whether the current Dr. Who series succeeds or not will not be important, the destruction is the goal and if this
means the fifty-odd year-old television programme will be cancelled, then that'll be called a victory.

A female Doctor was created to undermine males for various reasons and if the purity-test has any validation,
the 'Doctor-of-colour' is to piss-off white females in order to encompass the overall idea that black-skinned people
can be -if not better, then at least equal to the viewers of this shit-show.

The BBC are playing to the hidden guilt of self-assumed racism that Liberals have been dosed with for many years
and they're using my licence-money to do it! There are many who are looking at ways of shoehorning this new
character into the canon, but because of her skin-colour, they feel bad to reject her in the programme's history.

I fear that Chris Chibnall is really The Master!
OMG! Talk about being desperate, this propaganda takes the cake!

mediumfacepalm 

Okay, my computer is being wonky right now. I can't get the article to copy/paste.

It appears China is trying to blame President Trump for the COVID-19 outbreak.

How stupid do people have to be to believe this? It broke out in China, not America!  minusculebonker

Anyway, go read this crap article here:  Source
(03-12-2020, 05:24 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
OMG! Talk about being desperate, this propaganda takes the cake!

mediumfacepalm 

Okay, my computer is being wonky right now. I can't get the article to copy/paste.

It appears China is trying to blame President Trump for the outbreak of the COVID-19 outbreak.

How stupid do people have to be to believe this? It broke out in China, not America!  minusculebonker

Anyway, go read this crap article here:  Source

Clearly, China is trying to out-do Russia in US election meddling!

If that's the case, however, they have a hard road ahead of them, as the Democrats can't decide whether Russia is helping Trump or whether they are helping Sanders, so China will clearly not know which way to zig when Russia zags...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’