Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remember you are never safe on the web
Just a little bit of info about what happens when you use the web
What info is gathered. It should be understood the amount of information been gathered about you as you use the web. Trust me there is far more info gathered about you than you would believe. The info below is like your fingerprint, it can ID almost a 100%

How you type ,common spelling mistakes you make, how you use words, what speed you write at, and how the speed changes as you type.
How you move the mouse, also how fast you click it
What web pages you use
How long it takes you to read something
What level of "protection" your PC has.
All this info and a lot more can ID you as you use the web
All in all with this info not too hard to find who you are.
So if TPTB want to find you nothing will stop them, TOR/VPNs gives very little protection because of all the info they have collected about you.

REMEMBER YOU ARE NEVER SAFE ON THE WEB
Very True, you just don't know who is watching your every keystroke.
Very often it's your Browser and internet provider.

Here are some Internet Safety Rules

Be very careful of the information you place on the Web.

How you manage our social media profiles is very important.

Don’t Go Phishing: Be aware of email scams and suspicious links.

Power in Passwords: Always make sure passwords are unique and special, use specific guidelines when creating them. 

Watch What You Share: Be careful about sharing personal information online.

Here is some more great advice for people.
What you post will last forever.
Be aware that when you post a picture or message online, you may also be inadvertently sharing personal details with strangers about yourself and family members like where you live.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
[Image: th?id=OIP.l9Hs9jjh9fZmC_8DVdGbNAHaEL&w=2...=5&pid=1.7] 
Quote:FACEBOOK FACE SCAN DANGER   
Above is a link directly to my source.

It seem that people who have Social media accounts, are in constant danger their private information being stolen, Hijacked,

Now it would appear that their faces are being linked to their personnel information and their private life is being stripped from them, not only their bank accounts but their credit information as well.

Quote:Facebook Says Russian Firms 'Scraped' Data, Some for Facial Recognition

Yes, Facebook has more holes in its security that Swiss Cheese.
Quote:[/url]
Quote:SAN FRANCISCO — On the same day Facebook announced that it had carried out its biggest purge yet of American accounts peddling disinformation, the company quietly made another revelation: It had removed 66 accounts, pages and apps linked to Russian firms that build facial recognition software for the Russian government.

Facebook said Thursday that it had removed any accounts associated with SocialDataHub and its sister firm, Fubutech, because the companies violated its policies by scraping data from the social network.

“Facebook has reason to believe your work for the government has included matching photos from individuals’ personal social media accounts in order to identify them,” the company said in a cease-and-desist letter to SocialDataHub that was dated

Tuesday and viewed by The New York Times.

Facebook gave the companies until Friday to detail what data they had taken and then delete it all.
OK, the company that has been Scrapping Your Data, Your Information about Your Life is going to Delete It All!  minusculethinking You Really believe That?  smallroflmao
Quote:SocialDataHub and Fubutech also present another challenge because, Facebook said, at least some of their data collection occurred through web scraping.

Scraping is a rudimentary technique in which computer programmers can pull information off a website.

It is difficult to detect and prevent, Facebook said. Scraping can pull any data that’s left public on a Facebook profile — and, theoretically, more private data about the user’s Facebook friends.
[url=SocialDataHub and Fubutech also present another challenge because, Facebook said, at least some of their data collection occurred through web scraping. Scraping is a rudimentary technique in which computer programmers can pull information off a website. It is difficult to detect and prevent, Facebook said. Scraping can pull any data that’s left public on a Facebook profile — and, theoretically, more private data about the user’s Facebook friends.https://www.wral.com/facebook-says-russian-firms-scraped-data-some-for-facial-recognition/17912141/]Source
Oh,,, you think FB cares about YOU!!??  minusculenonono

Quote:In the wake of reporting by The New York Times and others that the political firm Cambridge Analytica harvested the data of more than 87 million Facebook users through a third-party app, Facebook announced that it was reviewing its data-sharing policy with apps.

After an audit, the company said it was suspending 200 apps. Some have since had their access to Facebook restored.

Khachuyan said the letter from Facebook had surprised him, particularly because his companies have been operating the same way for years.

“All in Russia know about us for minimum four years,” he said. “I don’t know why that Facebook sent that only now.”

smallkillingpc

We have never used FB.  minusculethumbsup2
You still don't see or recognize a that there is a Problem With These Social media Accounts?
Let two old Spies give you some advice.
If you can be Tracked, If your everyday life and movements are known, if Who You Know and make contact with is Known,,,, You Can be Blackmaled, Kidnapped, Bank Accounts Emptied or Killed.

Quote:Twitter Under Formal Investigation for How It Tracks Users in the GDPR Era
Yes even Twitter. 

Quote:Twitter is being investigated by Irish privacy authorities over its refusal to give a user information about how it tracks him when he clicks on links in tweets.

When Twitter (TWTR, +3.67%) users put links into tweets, the service applies its own link-shortening service, t.co, to them.

Twitter says this allows the platform to measure how many times a link has been clicked, and helps it to fight the spread of malware through dodgy links.

However, privacy researcher Michael Veale, who works at University College London, suspects that Twitter gets more information when people click on t.co links, and that it might use them to track those people as they surf the web, by leaving cookies in their browsers.

As is his right under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)—the sweeping set of privacy rules that came into effect across the EU in May—Veale asked Twitter to give him all the personal data it holds on him.
Read the rest of the article here: Link
Several online platforms work together to build fuller profiles on individuals, each gathering bits of data on you and then aggregating it all together to build a bigger picture. Facebook, Youtube, and Google are all in cahoots together, and some other platforms, such as Twitter, are linked in as well. You can be certain that anywhere you see a "share with..." or "sign in with..." link, that link is collecting data on you for aggregation among them all.

That is why you can do a Google search on, for example, KGB spycraft, and before you know it, you will have ads relating to the CIA on Facebook. It's why you can Google "V42 stiletto" and then have ads for the 75th Ranger Regiment or 5th SFG.

Some other ads are more difficult to determine the source of, but they all in some way relate back to a Google search, a Youtube search, or a phrase typed into Twitter and then "scraped" for data content to be aggregated on you. None of them are random shots.

As another example, I have to use Skype at work, and keep refusing to update it to the latest version. The latest version of Skype (now owned by Microsoft) force-installs "Cortana", their data collection bot. Cortana then sits and listens to everything you type, and reports it all back to Microsoft. To be honest, I don't know WHY we are still using it - Skype is a real problem if you've ever signed an NDA, with Cortana listening to everything you type and reporting it back to it's masters. They are collecting a lot of data on individuals that you at one time or another promised you would never disclose. To make matters worse, there is NO WAY to remove the Cortana spy-bot once installed. Microsoft assures you that you can "turn off Cortana", but that is a big steaming pile of bullshit. "Turn it off" and it merely sits silently, and still listens... and reports. For proof of that, if you turn it off, you can turn it back on again simply by typing a command into Skype to reactivate it. If it weren't sitting there listening, that command would fall on deaf electronic ears. You don't actually "turn it off", you simply close it's moth - not it's ears.

Windows versions from Win8 onward are also big fat problems. They are purpose-built spyware, dedicated to collecting data on individuals. They effectively cause your ENTIRE COMPUTER to spy on every word you type... or even say, if your computer has a microphone as most laptops do nowadays. I bought this laptop specifically because it has neither microphone nor camera built-in, but still will not ever install any Windows versions beyond Win7. Too risky. When I am forced to migrate beyond Windows 7, I will move entirely to Linux and leave Windows in the dust.

But even some versions of Linux have their problems. Android, for example, is a Linux derivative developed and maintained by Google. It is also built to spy on you. Think for a minute - your Android cell phone has "location services" which are constantly monitoring your location to within 10 meters (33 feet) and reporting it back to Google. Grace was shocked when Google messaged her one day and wanted her to take photos from her current location, as their database didn't include any photos from that spot. It kinda freaked her out.

MY Android phone has turned it's microphone on twice, all by itself, and just sat there listening. After the second time, I didn't just turn the Google spyware off - I uninstalled anything reporting back to Google, all location services, and anything else that looked like spyware. "Turning stuff off" does no good when it can simply turn itself back on. Getting rid of it altogether removes it's ability to turn itself back on, since it is no longer there at all. The downside of that is that I can no longer get ANY "apps" for my phone, since Google has a lock on Android "apps" via their "Google Play Store". I have 3 drones that I can no longer use because of that - can't get the "apps" to link the video to my phone, as none of the companies offer the software through any other channels besides Google Play for side-loading, and I can no longer get to Google Play since I "deGoogled" my phone.

It's a strange new world we live in. Everything is watching you. Never hesitate to give them the finger at random - keeps 'em on their toes!

" I don't mind killin' a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if there's money involved... or a woman... "

- Jayne Cobb, Hero of Canton
Yes, Google, Face Book, and Twitter are under investigation, or they were.  Jack, owner of Twitter, lifted the censorship ban against Conservatives during his days at the hearing, but then went right back to it when it was over. tinyok

People are leaving to go to GAB, VOAT, D Tube, and other platforms for social media where there is no censorship.  I have made posts and invited them to come here, but I am shadow banned, so there are not that many who see my posts.

I only use my cell phone to make calls. Never have accepted the Google term agreement to get on the web with my phone, and I do not use their apps. Never will. F them!

(10-13-2018, 08:24 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Yes, Google, Face Book, and Twitter are under investigation, or they were.  Jack, owner of Twitter, lifted the censorship ban against Conservatives during his days at the hearing, but then went right back to it when it was over. tinyok

People are leaving to go to GAB, VOAT, D Tube, and other platforms for social media where there is no censorship.  I have made posts and invited them to come here, but I am shadow banned, so there are not that many who see my posts.

I only use my cell phone to make calls. Never have accepted the Google term agreement to get on the web with my phone, and I do not use their apps.  Never will. F them!

You're shadow banned at places where there is no censorship? Just how mean ARE you? tinyangry

I've never heard of those platforms before, but will check them out. As it is, I have a Facebook account, but rarely ever go there, because a few minutes on Facebook throws my computer into Script Hell, and it slows to something less than even a crawl.

My cell phone has only 3 functions now - it makes call, it sends texts, and it takes pictures. That's two functions more than Alexander Graham Bell ever intended for phones to do. I've had Android phones for a few years now, but for some reason have never, ever owned one that would actually send or accept SMS messages. In other words, folks can send me a text, but if they try to send a photo in that text, the phone just breaks down and cries. I've never been able to accept SMS messages, on any of my Android phones, and I don't know why. Not even BEFORE I de-Googled this most recent one.
" I don't mind killin' a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if there's money involved... or a woman... "

- Jayne Cobb, Hero of Canton