Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Archaeologists Discover 2,400-year-old Solid Gold ‘Bongs’ Used by Aryan Kings
Ha! I knew they were getting high way back then.  :biggrin:

Archaeologists have uncovered two 2,400-year-old pure gold ‘bongs’ that were used by Aryan tribal chiefs during ceremonies. Although the source article says they were used to smoke pot, it is more likely they were used to hold incense, herbs, etc. that were used in ceremonial practices.
The items were discovered beside 7lbs of other gold items by accident when Russia was making a way for power lines.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=157]

Quote:Criminologists have since carried out tests which indicate that the thick, black residue found inside the vessels comes from the cannabis and opium which the tribal royal smoked. Experts believe the items belonged to the Scythians, a nomadic warrior race who ruled large swathes of Europe and Asia between the 9th century BC and the 4th century AD.

It means the so-called bongs could be some of the oldest in existence. Several historians say the Scythians smoked, and sometimes brewed, a strong concoction of cannabis and opium in order to alter their state of mind before heading into battle.

[Image: bong1.jpg]

Quote:Famed Greek historian Herodotus, who died in 425BC, wrote: ‘Scythians used a plant to produce smoke that no Grecian vapour-bath can surpass which made them shout aloud.’ The dig also led to the discovery of golden cups, rings, and neck rings. All the items have since been cleaned and put on display in a Russian museum.

Antonn Gass, from the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation, in Berlin said: ‘These are among the finest objects we know from the region.’

Source

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Now that's just Awesome, so possibly the Chiefs got Stoned,,,,  :biggrin:
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Thats awesome, bet they had some bomb weed to go in it too. Hahaha.
The title on the video seemed appropriate for this thread.  :biggrin:

What a hell of a find that was, when digging up for power lines!
Awesome indeed

I know the modern day word is a 'bong'.
But wonder back then, what the proper term for something like that was?

Appears as tho cannabis has been around for quite some time and used for various reasons.
A ceremony sounds like a good enough reason to me!! Ha

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(06-05-2016, 06:13 AM)senona Wrote: What a hell of a find that was, when digging up for power lines!
Awesome indeed

I know the modern day word is a 'bong'.
But wonder back then, what the proper term for something like that was?

Appears as tho cannabis has been around for quite some time and used for various reasons.
A ceremony sounds like a good enough reason to me!! Ha

You Know, they may have been Party people too!
[Image: 069b6101afd9db17e99726cb49ac0b0a.jpg][Image: smoking%2Bglass%2Bpipes%2B01111100100320...333455.gif]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]