Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hanity's take on the confirmation mess
After watching this today, and listening to what the talking heads have to say about it, I feel a tremendous sense of relief.

You see, I saw bigfoot in November, 1979 (3 years BEFORE Ms. Ford's "trauma" - yet I recall it clearly). Yes, I can recall the date - I'm not wavering on it, nor am I unclear about it. It was traumatizing for a fine young buck that thought he could whip the world, who then ran into something he couldn't whip, and which nearly made him piss his pants.

I can recall every little detail. I can even recall how I got home, and precisely what I did after I got there. The entire episode and surrounding events are etched in my traumatized hippocampus (thanks, Ms. Ford for that 50 dollar word!), just like Ms. Ford's are... well, not JUST like hers - she can't recall ANY of the details, but I can recall ALL of mine.

Now, I find that all I have to do to prove it, in spite of the folks who think I made it up, is to just be willing to testify before congress. That is, apparently, according to the talking heads, proof positive that I am telling the truth. We must believe this particular political operative because she was willing to testify before congress. One of the talking heads said so, explicitly. That means you have to believe ME, too - otherwise you're a sexist, believing her a female, but not me, a male.

Therefore, if I am willing to testify to my experience before congress, I am telling absolute truth.

I am most certainly willing to testify to it before congress, even if they want to bring in cameras to record it.

Ipso facto, I have just proved my story. If I have proved my story, that I saw bigfoot, then bigfoot MUST exist. I could not have seen him if he did not exist.

It naturally follows that I have just proven the existence of bigfoot. Break out the balloons and noisemakers.

==========================

I saw most of Ms. Ford's testimony. It was utterly unconvincing. I've, been married 4 times, and consequently have seen way too many fake tears. Ms. Ford's tears were utterly fake... except in one instance. When she said she had never testified before a prosecutor, that was REAL fear in her voice. Talking to a prosecutor, who might sniff out her lies, scared the complete shit out of her.

Is there a  PhD anywhere on planet Earth who does not know the meaning of the word "exculpatory"? Ms. Ford does not know what that word means, according to her testimony. I am NOT a PhD - but I know what "exculpatory" means. It's from the Latin "ex-" meaning "out of" or away from", and "culpa", meaning "guilty". "Exculpatory" means "showing lack of guilt". ANY PhD should know that - even a dumbass hillbilly like me knows that... but a California PhD does not. I should probably puff my chest out a lot more than I do. I'm just waiting for the TV show that changes "Are you Smarter than a Fifith Grader?" to "Are You Smarter than a PhD?".  I can win it, hands down.

It feels GOOD to be smarter than a PhD!

Either she is NOT a PhD (which she clearly IS), or she was LYING under oath. People are scared to point that out because of PC, and we for some unfathomable reason MUST blindly believe the "Me Too!" crowd. Fuck 'em - a lie is a lie, and the goddamned emperor just shed all his clothes.

That is but one of her many, MANY faux pas! I didn't keep score, because the show was so entertaining, but there were lots of fuck-ups like that. I can not, in any way, take this woman's allegations seriously, all because of her deficient testimony and complete lack of corroboration.

I have a rabid dislike of Lindsay Graham. As far as I'm concerned, he's a warmongering neocon hack who is way to willing to send OTHER folks to die for HIS misguided beliefs. Yet even HE made me a little bit proud of him when he tore congress a new ass over the DEMOCRAT'S disgraceful and patently partisan behavior.

Fuck 'em all. Either way this confirmation goes, I'm going to voter straight Republican this year, just because... and then I'm coming home to load magazines for the inevitable war coming due to this attempt at a communist takeover of my country. I fought 'em before, and I'll fight 'em again, until I stop breathing. I owe my grandkids that much, and I never planned on living forever anyhow.

The Left appears to have moved away from the "yer a racist!" battle cry to the "yer a misogynist!" battle cry. Like that's going to move me any farther. Fuck 'em. I'll play their silly-assed games!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hanity's take on the conformation mess - by Ninurta - 09-28-2018, 06:58 AM