Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A VERY Warm Welcome to WalksInSilence
(09-18-2018, 12:41 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote:
Quote:='guohua' pid='26987' dateline='1537155040']
That warmed my heart, it is one of my favorite too along with "A bridge over troubled water" S&G are part of my core.
I have an in rolling thunder storm with perfect tornado conditions, so I don't know how long I will stay plugged in. Don't want to fry my computer.
I don't understand how to delete content from a reply before I post it and just leave the authors name?

@"WalksInSilence" 
If you want to delete something you've written in a post, simply Highlight the Sentence and hit Backspace.

If you want to reply directly to a member in a post / reply, simply use the @ (at) key and with out a Space start typing the members username. before you finish you'll see the username appear in Blue, just click on it.

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(09-18-2018, 01:26 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: Jeez, I am exhausted from trying to figure out how this works. It is like learning a new language. But you are all so very nice and it feels good to be here. So give me time and I may be able to contribute intelligently or at least comprehensibly.  minusculebeercheers

Sorry WIS but your time is up.
You now have to pay the forfeit as per Rule 2217b, section 922c, subsection 87, paragraph 94 of the third appendix to the seventh volume of Terms & Conditions of "Learning How to Use the RN3 Site in An Intelligent and Comprehensible Manner" manual.

Luckily for you..... no one can actually figure out what that penalty is!!

So, I shall just fluff your RN pillow, bring you a warm mug of something nice (with a dram placed beside it - for medicinal purposes) and softly sing you a lullaby - beamed live from the Rogue Bar!

You're doing great and it's nice to see you here.
We're all happy to help if there's anything you're unsure of.

Gx
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(09-17-2018, 02:59 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: Please forgive my feeble attempts to reply in proper. I don't understand the system yet.
I too am an old fart, still walking some, but the skill is transferable to human interaction, I see and hear things expressed in the shadows of peoples interaction and minds. One just has to be silent and observe.

I am pleased to meet you, the bear analogy made me giggle.
Ninurta, the mighty hunter?

Well, Sometime bears become unruly and need to be shown their place, but that's not the same as hunting them. I think of it more as a less than gentle corrective action. I've never been what I consider a "mighty hunter", but once upon a time, a long time ago, I did feed myself by hunting. Never got fat, though, and found the exercise to be more informative in observation than in taking critters out.

I haven't hunted anything other than men in more than 30 years, and in the interim the men kinda desperately needed to be hunted, as they tended towards not playing well with others.

I live in the closest thing you'll find to jungle in the US, and so I get a lot of observation time with the critters, everything from the large like elk, bear, deer and coyotes crossed with timber wolves down to the minuscule, bugs I've never seen anywhere else but here. In between are things like skunks, possums, weasels, raccoons, and some sort of huntsman spiders big as your hand, some millipedes 6 or 8 inches long. Matter of fact, I understand this is one of the most bio-diverse regions of the world. I've no idea how many different species of plants and animals live here, but I find ones I never expected to with some frequency. Not long ago I saw an ant that was about 2 1/2 inches long and red, covered in red fuzz like velvet. Never saw anything else like it, and no idea what it was. A couple of weeks ago I ran across several assassin bugs on a bigleaf magnolia tree. Didn't know there were any around here, and never saw them anywhere else except Central America... yet there they were, right here in these hills.

So yeah, I poke around in the woods some times, moving slow to avoids the wheezing, and so as not to scare the critters too much.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-17-2018, 03:18 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 03:11 PM)Sol Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv5jQzUyFRa4gHcflWvrD...ZmVBmYN0Bo]
Welcome to Rogue-Nation !!

Thank you, both bacon and kittens are good. 
How does this quote thing work? I can figure out how to quote after I have posted. Grrr

Watch for the borders in the text you quote. What you type outside of them is yours, what you type inside of them is part of the quote. If you want to break up the quotes, I use "BB Code" to do it. [ quote ] without the spaces goes at the beginning of the section you intend to quote, and [ /quote ] without the spaces goes at the end of the part you want to quote, [ i ] (without spaces) goes at the beginning of anything you want to italicize, and [ /i ] goes at the end of the italicized portion. [ u ] (again without spaces) and the corresponding [ / u ] goes at the end of the underlined section, just as a primer. BBcode has a lot of other codes like that that are useful if one researches it.

If you see two borders, that is a "nested" quote.

Just play with it, and you'll get the hang of it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’