Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rogue Writers Contest - "THE VEIL IS THIN!" [VIT2018]
"The VEIL Is Thin!" [VIT2018]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4476]
Greetings fellow rogues...

The Northern summer is drawing to a close and the cold, bleak darkness of the long night is creeping back into our very bones. Winter Is Coming...
It is time to stir the imagination, to reap the bountiful supply of nightmares and horrors that lurk within our twisted minds... In short; It is time to write!

This is the announcement thread for our newest contest...
A SHORT STORY CONTEST...

"The VEIL IS THIN!"  [VIT2018]

Your task is simple, should you choose to accept this eerie challenge...

Write a SHORT STORY which refers to, contains within it or generally relates to the creepy theme of The Veil between realms becoming thinner at this time of year.
What will slip through? that is up to YOU!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4477]

RULES:

Write a NEW and ORIGINAL SHORT STORY, (there is no word-count but please keep it short!) that Includes or relates to the theme: "The Veil is Thin!" (No copy & paste jobs please!)
Post a thread in this section ( Rogues Writers Contests ) which contains your story entry.
Please include [VIT2018] in the title, so that we know it is an entry for this contest.
No video submissions are allowed, but you can include pictures or music to "enhance" the written story if you wish to do so.
The contest will remain open for ONE MONTH until around Thurs 11th October.
The Judging will be done in secret behind closed doors to help induce feelings of paranoia and delusions of persecution!
The Judges decision is final.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4478]

PRIZE:
The WINNER (as decided by the secret judging panel) will be awarded the special title of BARD or possibly creepybard!
Which they can wear with pride until usurped by some fledgling upstart writer in future contests!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4479]

So, get writing!
Get... creepy writing!
The Veil is thinning as we speak.......

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Bumpity Bump Bump Bump....

:)
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(09-13-2018, 02:26 PM)Sol Wrote: Bumpity Bump Bump Bump....

Did something just go "Bump" in the Night???
or have you fallen down the stairs again??  
tinylaughing
(09-13-2018, 03:13 PM)gordi Wrote: Did something just go "Bump" in the Night???
tinylaughing

They don't bump anymore, the EU Directive was very specific about that.

It's a low moan, the type an older person makes when they wake in the morning. A sound notifying the body -a body
that used to scale trees and race with the Devil, a body that now listens when asked to start its engine once more.

Is there a yarn still to be told...? Could it be that in the drowsy grey-matter that struggles with names of past-loves
and faraway-friends, there is one more tale of caution?

Somewhere, a dogs barks for its breakfast and the sideshow called 'Today' awaits behind the paisley-patterned curtains.
For the man running his fingers through the remains of his hair and contemplating that outside circus from his slumped
position on the side of the bed, he wonders if he can deliver.

A tale, a fable, a legend of scare. The keyboard waits and ignoring the bristles of his chin, he steps Quixote-like towards
the grease-smudged keys. One more.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(09-13-2018, 03:13 PM)gordi Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 02:26 PM)Sol Wrote: Bumpity Bump Bump Bump....

Did something just go "Bump" in the Night???
tinylaughing

Wrong !!!

[Image: MY1G6.gif]

[Image: bumpasaurus.jpg]

minusculebiggrin
[Image: red-arrow-up-icons-png-picture-31.png]

What he said.

Bump.
Well, that was disappointing....

tinycrying
(10-09-2018, 08:55 AM)gordi Wrote: Well, that was disappointing....

tinycrying

Sorry Gordi, I had half a yarn but it wouldn't work.
tinywondering
(10-09-2018, 10:11 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 08:55 AM)gordi Wrote: Well, that was disappointing....

tinycrying

Sorry Gordi, I had half a yarn but it wouldn't work.
tinywondering

Was it the Ya or the rn?
tinylaughing
(10-09-2018, 11:33 AM)gordi Wrote: Sorry Gordi, I had half a yarn but it wouldn't work.
tinywondering

Was it the Ya or the rn?
tinylaughing

I say yarn, but in all honesty, it was just a strand of wool.
It was that stuff Val Doonican's sweaters were made from.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4596]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-09-2018, 02:24 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 11:33 AM)gordi Wrote: Sorry Gordi, I had half a yarn but it wouldn't work.
tinywondering

Was it the Ya or the rn?
tinylaughing

I say yarn, but in all honesty, it was just a strand of wool.
It was that stuff Val Doonican's sweaters were made from.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4596]

I had to look up who he was, seems he was a man of no evil who just loved to bring joy to peoples lives. Wonder how long it will be before the "left" starts calling him raciest, I could not find a single song he sang that was about how evil white people are and how evil Churchill was.
(10-09-2018, 03:01 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I had to look up who he was, seems he was a man of no evil who just loved to bring joy to peoples lives. Wonder how long it will be before the "left" starts calling him raciest, I could not find a single song he sang that was about how evil white people are and how evil Churchill was.

He belonged to a time when adults walked the earth.
minusculethumbsup
Val was disgusting.
Every show he made had a Big Stool in it.

tinyhuh
I got a wild hair and broke down a penned a few words
http://rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?tid=3841
(10-13-2018, 11:01 AM)727Sky Wrote: I got a wild hair and broke down a penned a few words
http://rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?tid=3841

Just read it, Very Nice,  minusculeclap
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
When will the winner be announced?  Spirit Scribe was wondering. The 11th has passed.
(10-14-2018, 02:46 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: When will the winner be announced?  Spirit Scribe was wondering. The 11th has passed.

That is a good question. Neither my husband or I run the contest, we normally help to Judge. 

I don't know if everyone is waiting on Sol or What.

I guess I'll have to send Sol an email.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(10-14-2018, 02:46 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: When will the winner be announced?  Spirit Scribe was wondering. The 11th has passed.

The Contest is now closed to New Entries.

But, due to the HUGE volume of entries, our Super-Secret judging panel are having to take some extra time and maybe a fortnight in the Med to narrow down their favourites to a shortlist which can then be whittled down to finalists and eventually after many many hours of deliberation, cut it down to our creepy bard winner..... or something.

So, in short.... panic not, our Super-Secret Panel are on the case...

tinysurprised

WATCH THIS SPACE!
(10-14-2018, 10:02 AM)gordi Wrote:

But, due to the HUGE volume of entries, our Super-Secret judging panel are having to take some extra time and maybe a fortnight in the Med to narrow down their favourites to a shortlist which can then be whittled down to finalists and eventually after many many hours of deliberation, cut it down to our creepy bard winner..... or something.

tinysurprised

Damn... I have one!
If I may, I'll post it but it's not an entry.

*Fingers-crossed and puppy-dog eyes!*
(10-14-2018, 10:09 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 10:02 AM)gordi Wrote:

tinysurprised

Damn... I have one!
If I may, I'll post it but it's not an entry.

*Fingers-crossed and puppy-dog eyes!*

The Contest is temporarily re-opened so BIAD can post one......
minusculebeercheers