Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rogue Writers Contest - "THE VEIL IS THIN!" [VIT2018]
BIAD's entry is up.... the contest is now closed!

minusculebeercheers
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(10-14-2018, 10:18 AM)gordi Wrote: BIAD's entry is up.... the contest is now closed!

minusculebeercheers

I bow and show some cleavage.
tinybiggrin
minusculebeercheers
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
minusculehail@"BIAD"
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
***FANFARE of Trumpets***

Ladies, Gentlemen, Rogues...

Our Super-Secret Judging Panel, (who met in a darkened room in the rogue basement near the caretakers closet, and whose identities shall remain a Secret - purely to induce feelings of paranoia, injustice and underhand goings-on!) have now reviewed all of the short story contest entries and have issued a formal statement as follows:

"...you read it out,

NO - YOU read it out - they're all waiting....

FFS, ohkaaay...

Ahem,
Greetings to all of the talented writers of rogue nation and welcome to this special announcement post.
We, the Super-Secret judging panel were tasked with reading all of the contest entries, and allocating scores (on an individual basis) for "Writing Style", "Reader Involvement" and "Fluffy Bunny Feet"  "Creepiness" to determine an overall winner.
When we convened as a judging panel, the individual scores were then tallied up
and, such was the high quality of the entries, we discovered that we had an unprecedented four-way tie for the lead!!!

After much scratching of heads and deliberations deep into the night, it was decided that we would simply look again at the size of the envelopes under the table which story (of those four tied for the lead) was our favourite.
The one with the most votes for "Favourite Story" received being the winner.

So, without further ado, I am delighted to announce that we have a winner.

Our CreepyBard; Winner of "The Veil Is Thin" Rogue N
ation short story writers contest for 2018 is:

727Sky with "The Many Veils"

Short and artistic with subtle word-plays and hints at Greek Mythological symbolism, this one was our overall favourite among some amazingly good tales.
We congratulate the winner, 727Sky, CreepyBard2018!"

So, there we have it.
Hearty congratulations to ALL of the entrants - I thought they were all superb!
And Well Done 727Sky - Your CreepyBard badge is on its way!

BigG
Congratulations @"727Sky".     minusculeclap
Well done Sky, treat yourself to a ride in a F-22 Raptor and an extra round of golf!
(Factoid) BIAD cannot tee-off and he wasn't very good on the flight-simulators at the amusement
park.

Great story, buddy.
minusculebeercheers
Congratulations @"727Sky"   minusculeclap  smallawesome
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Wow !!! Golly Gee Whiz !! I am so humbled !! Probably not worthy either !!! Thank you one and all for your consideration ! Please enjoy a beverage of your choice on me (unless it would be considered a bribe) hahah

Seriously I am glad you guys liked it.. There really were some great stories entered
(10-16-2018, 12:53 AM)727Sky Wrote: Wow !!! Golly Gee Whiz !! I am so humbled !! Probably not worthy either !!! Thank you one and all for your consideration ! Please enjoy a beverage of your choice on me (unless it would be considered a bribe) hahah

Seriously I am glad you guys liked it.. There really were some great stories entered

Bribe? But I already passed your big fat envelope on to the Super-Secret judging Panel....

... No, hang on....

uhm, Yeah, I'll have a beer please, no bribes here, nope, not one.... nothing to see here...

Oh Look! A Squirrel!!

tinysurprised
Once again its the magic big fat envelope that disappears  tinybiggrin
Congratulations, 727Sky!

As I recall, the position of bard requires the wearing of a toga for the next year or so as a mark of literary prestige. I'll send BIAD 'round to collect your measurements for that garment presently. A seamstress tells me that it may take up to 3 days to construct it and emblazon the giant "CB" across the back of it after the measurements come in, but after that, for the next year, everyone with eyes will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you ARE the CreepyBard!

Gold-tone laurel wreath sold separately... no user-serviceable parts inside, and batteries not included.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-16-2018, 06:30 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ...I'll send BIAD 'round to collect your measurements for that garment presently...

*Boy In A Dress wanders towards Sky wringing his hands*
tinywhat
Congrats Sky !! Well done !!

And Thanks to Gordi & Co. for putting this contest up, I enjoyed every single story...a whole lot !!

minusculebeercheers
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(10-17-2018, 10:10 PM)Sol Wrote: Congrats Sky !! Well done !!

And Thanks to Gordi & Co. for putting this contest up, I enjoyed every single story...a whole lot !!

minusculebeercheers

You are VERY welcome.
It was Fun!
G