Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Milwaukee Police Officer killed in the Line of Duty
I only wanted to post this because it really hit "close to home". I grew up in Milwaukee, I love that city to death. I'm only 15 minutes away now (not really a suburb, more like an outpost). But my older sister, the rock of our family (especially over the last 5 months) is a police officer down there, so this just shook me over the last 24 hours. 

MPD Officer shot and killed

Quote:MILWAUKEE -- Milwaukee Police Chief Alfonso Morales revealed on Thursday, July 26 the name of the officer who was fatally shot in an incident at 28th and Wright in Milwaukee on Wednesday evening, July 25.

"It is with great sadness that I stand before you to announce the tragic death of another fallen Milwaukee police officer," said Chief Morales.

He is Officer Michael Michalski, 52 -- a 17-year veteran of the Milwaukee Police Department who was assigned to the Special Investigations unit.

[Image: djdtrumvaaauark.jpg]

I know he isn't the first, and it pains me to say he won't be the last, but it's still a sad day in our area nonetheless. Sure, it's easy to bash cops when they pull you over for speeding (you have NOTHING better to do?!) but most of us go on with our lives afterwards, and they still have to report to duty. It's a sobering reminder of how important their work is. And it's a sobering reminder WHY they are quick to pull their weapons when dealing with scum like this guy. 

Rest in Peace good sir, our thoughts are with you, and our support will be here indefinitely for your family that is left behind.  I know I shot a message to my sister this morning that I loved her and told her to be careful. Easy words, but when she responded that she hugged her babies extra hard today before work, it really hit me how personal something like this can be. 

[Image: download_1.jpg]
@"DuckforcoveR" 
I hope your sister is safe.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
RIP Officer Michael Michalski.
It's a damned shame.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I'm really saddened every time I hear that a police officer has been killed in the line of duty. It's such a tragedy to lose those who try to protect us. 
May he rest in peace, and may your sister be safe.
A member of the police force, a very dear and close friend was murdered many years ago, I still think of them and miss them
(07-27-2018, 01:08 PM)Wallfire Wrote: A member of the police force, a very dear and close friend was murdered many years ago, I still think of them and miss them

I am so very sorry for your loss, it's very emotional to hear that. Like I said in the OP, you don't really get the feeling of how close it can hit...until it hits close to home. My sister is good at her job: fair, abrupt, no-bullshit, etc., but after seeing the procession for this gentleman, it really hit close to home that this is totally possible to wake up to tomorrow. 

It's not that a police officer's life is more important than anybody else, it's that everybody else is usually just trying to get through their life. A cop? (the majority of whom are good cops), are just trying to make it through a shift to get home to their family. And that's a mind trip right there, I never go to work thinking "please don't die today, Maya has a concert tomorrow"  tinycrying