Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have an extra power pack mine is dead
This may be propaganda but if not then Wow. It weighs around the same as a good AR or AK and can fire 1000 shots before the battery pack needs a change. The saving in weight for the ammo alone makes this a big deal IMO

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy...d-set-fire

Quote:China has developed a new portable laser weapon that can zap a target from nearly a kilometre away, according to researchers involved in the project.

The ZKZM-500 laser assault rifle is classified as being “non-lethal” but produces an energy beam that cannot be seen by the naked eye but can pass through windows and cause the “instant carbonisation” of human skin and tissues.

Ten years ago its capabilities would have been the preserve of sci-fi films, but one laser weapons scientist said the new device is able to “burn through clothes in a split second … If the fabric is flammable, the whole person will be set on fire”.

[Image: a427dc7c-7cf1-11e8-8ce4-b59b2fedb43f_132...081524.JPG]

“The pain will be beyond endurance,” according to the researcher who had took part in the development and field testing of a prototype at the Xian Institute of Optics and Precision Mechanics at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Shaanxi province.
The 15mm calibre weapon weighs three kilos (6.6lb), about the same as an AK-47, and has a range of 800 metres, or half a mile, and could be mounted on cars, boats and planes.
It is now ready for mass production and the first units are likely to be given to anti-terrorism squads in the Chinese Armed Police.
In the event of a hostage situation it could be used to fire through windows at targets and temporarily disable the kidnappers while other units move in to rescue their captives.
It could also be used in covert military operations. The beam is powerful enough to burn through a gas tank and ignite the fuel storage facility in a military airport.
Because the laser has been tuned to an invisible frequency, and it produces absolutely no sound, “nobody will know where the attack came from. It will look like an accident,” another researcher said. The scientists requested not to be named due to the sensitivity of the project.
'The scientists requested not to be named due to the sensitivity of the project....'  Classic!
But on the plus-side, these weapons will be needed for Trump's'Space Marines'!!

I think you're right, Sky, when you suggest it's propaganda-like reporting. The Sun newspaper
proclaims 'China ‘creates futuristic new laser assault rifle’ that ‘can incinerate targets from 1,000yds
away and inflict unbearable pain'...' and leans more on the devastation it can produce.
I'm surprised there's no large-boobed model in a china-flag bikini posing with this device!

I'd offer that there's some merit in the subject, but it's a play on the unusual announcement
of the US creating a Space Force. The question is are the MSM painting China as the next evil
Russia?!!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Yep its such a sensitive and secret project its in all the tabloids.