Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Authorities find 51 of 76 missing children during Genesee County sweep
Quote:Authorities find 51 of 76 missing children during Genesee County sweep...

Here's one for @"Mystic Wanderer" !!

Quote:GENESEE COUNTY (WJRT) (6/14/2018) - A collaborative effort across Genesee County brought 51 of 76 children reported missing back into safe hands.

About 70 police officers from most agencies in the county targeted specific homes, rescuing children from human trafficking...

I'm not quite sure what to make of this one...
The original report seems to be a bit "all over the place" but here goes...

It would appear that in Genesee county, Michigan, USA, a large police "sweep operation" has found 51 (of 76) missing children.
The report implies that they have been saved from being trafficked but goes on to add that:

Quote:"Police say four to six of the children were being trafficked. "

and that:

Quote:Another 25 children located Thursday appeared to be runaways and doing well on their own, according to police.

So, I'm not sure how the numbers add up, but I suppose ANY kids being found, rescued and returned to their families is a win. I just wish they'd report it properly and more accurately.

HERE is a LINK to the original article on ABC12 dotcom
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
I think the article is leaning on the click-baiting 'kids-trafficking-found-good-feel' trend.

'...The kids, all under the age of 17, were reported missing after failing to show up for court hearings,
missing school or were foster children the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services hadn't 
heard from for a while...'

It seems to be more about policing truancy-based situations than the usual sexual-abusive problem.
But as you said Gordi, any positive outcome in this regard is a good one.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
That's good news, regardless.  minusculeclap

Michigan has been turned into a 'shit hole' state by illegal immigrants, especially Detroit.
Even if many of these girls were runaways, it's best they were found and picked up before coming easy targets of gangs using them as sex slaves, if they haven't already.

I won't be surprised if they don't find a 'shit load' more of them in the coming weeks/months.