Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A question
I have a question I would like to ask you all, it a question I ask myself often wile looking at a camp fire. The question is----
What shape is a flame ?
(06-09-2018, 09:25 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I have a question I would like to ask you all, it a question I ask myself often wile looking at a camp fire. The question is----
What shape is a flame ?
An interesting question,,, yes,, Really!  minusculethinking

At times I see shape of my ancient spirit, leaping and reaching out for more wisdom.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
A flame can take many different shapes.  It's all in one's personal perception of what the flame appears to be to them.
Pareidolia can allow one person to see one thing while another person sees something totally different.

What I like about staring at a fire is how it allows a person to become entranced and go deep in thought.  I used to do that in the winters when I would go visit my grandparents.  I always wanted a fireplace in my house, but didn't get one.   tinycrying

(06-09-2018, 09:25 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I have a question I would like to ask you all, it a question I ask myself often wile looking at a camp fire. The question is----
What shape is a flame ?

An Answer:

A single flame is an approximate tapered-ellipse when undisturbed by air currents. (Think gas hob.)
A camp-fire however is always disturbed by air currents!
These make the tapered ellipse flex, stretch, "dance" and flicker.

Combine that with the fact that a camp-fire has literally hundreds of individual flames constantly interfering with one another, and the build-up of intense heat which creates even more (rising) air currents to disturb it all and you get one big pile of random.

Or.... it's the shape of a dancing cartoon ghost. (True story that!)

G
tinybighuh Being Rogue is WEIRD, But I LIKE IT!tinyfunny 
What shape is a flame ?

Like a tear drop... and yes I read that it is due to the combustion effect when in gravity.  But I always think of a tear... both are hot too.

allusion
             Private Language 
Philosophical Investigations (aka PI)
All of the flames I've ever seen have been flame shaped...

except the ones following a big explosion. Some of those are mushroom shaped, if the right additives are in the mix.

An alternative view is that they are air shaped. I reckon it's a matter of whether you think the glass if half full or half empty. Kinda like water can be thought of as container shaped.

I'll never forget seeing a helicopter fly through some flames. The air currents made the flames spiral shaped and curly.

" I don't mind killin' a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if there's money involved... or a woman... "

- Jayne Cobb, Hero of Canton
In space a flame is a ball of hot light. A ball because there is no up or down just equal forces 360 degrees around.. tinycool minusculebeercheers
Its an interesting question "what shape is a flame", I have found that people who have a strong connection with nature and the spirit world give more interesting answer's( for me anyway), people who think logically tend to try and explane how the flame came about.
My answer to the question is, "any shape it wants to be"
(06-11-2018, 01:27 PM)727Sky Wrote: In space a flame is a ball of hot light. A ball because there is no up or down just equal forces 360 degrees around.. tinycool minusculebeercheers

Yes a good explanation of the dimensional limits and aspects of a flame on Earth atmosphere vs Space atmosphere.
             Private Language 
Philosophical Investigations (aka PI)
This subject reminds of what Bob Lazar commented on in an interview from a couple of years ago.

"...Bob Lazar had told us though something that is worth notice: 
the candle in the gravity beam freezes in time, and does not melt in the gravity field, but the candle fire
is frozen in time (along with the candle) while the gravity beam is turned on, yet STILL emitting light,
showing light is beyond space and time (light-based unity).

Frozen time however does not imply lack of motion!  What it does imply is that by using a gravity beam
(vertical core), it would make time stand still while a distance in space can be crossed, further implying
that it would take no time at all (literally) to cross a distance.
Obviously using gravity is going to be inducing motion..."
SOURCE:

Weird!!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
(06-16-2018, 11:15 AM)BIAD Wrote: This subject reminds of what Bob Lazar commented on in an interview from a couple of years ago.

the candle in the gravity beam freezes in time, and does not melt in the gravity field, but the candle fire
is frozen in time (along with the candle) while the gravity beam is turned on, yet STILL emitting light,

Frozen time however does not imply lack of motion!  What it does imply is that by using a gravity beam
(vertical core), it would make time stand still while a distance in space can be crossed, further implying
SOURCE:

Weird!!

So... if I had a ship with a built-in gravity beam generator... I could place a candle in it, which would produce light forever... which could provide free (and infinite) power to solar cells... and which would be converted to electricity... but could you generate enough to power the gravity beam generator?? hmmmm could ya???? I need one. Obviously...
tinybighuh Being Rogue is WEIRD, But I LIKE IT!tinyfunny 
(06-16-2018, 03:21 PM)gordi Wrote: So... if I had a ship with a built-in gravity beam generator... I could place a candle in it, which would produce light forever...
which could provide free (and infinite) power to solar cells... and which would be converted to electricity...
but could you generate enough to power the gravity beam generator?? hmmmm could ya???? I need one. Obviously...

Unless Mr. Lazar is full of a type of gravity-based matter and is not telling the truth!
tinyshocked
[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
(06-16-2018, 03:21 PM)gordi Wrote:
(06-16-2018, 11:15 AM)BIAD Wrote: This subject reminds of what Bob Lazar commented on in an interview from a couple of years ago.

SOURCE:

Weird!!

So... if I had a ship with a built-in gravity beam generator... I could place a candle in it, which would produce light forever... which could provide free (and infinite) power to solar cells... and which would be converted to electricity... but could you generate enough to power the gravity beam generator?? hmmmm could ya???? I need one. Obviously...

@gordi  Just go ahead and buy one,,,, Please lt us all know how it works for you.  tinybiggrin
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]