Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The eerie disappearance of the Eilean Mor lighthouse keepers
(Please Note: I pondered long and hard about which category to post this old mystery in, but many people believe that since there has been no "normal" explanation, that it should fit into a "paranormal" category...)

Rogues and Roguettes... may I present the strange and eerie disappearance of The Eilean Mor Lighthouse Keepers.

In January 1900, three lighthouse keepers on a remote island disappeared into the night, never to be seen again. Their disappearance still baffles scholars more than 100-years after the event.

The mystery happened on the largest of the Flannan Islands, Eilean Mor, which is part of a group of seven islands, sometimes referred to as The Seven Hunters....

LINK to Article on The Scotsman newspaper Website

Enjoy!

BigG
Quote:“All the clocks in the building were stopped, from which it is considered possible that the disaster occurred at least a week ago - presumably Thursday last, the 20th - the day of the terrific gale which did so much damage all over Scotland, and wrecked part of the Shetland fishing fleet.”

I remember doing a thread on this a couple of years ago; one that got lost in all the shuffle.  Anyway, some think they drowned, while others pointed out the fact that the one man went outside in a storm without his gear or winter coat. 
Something had to have happened that was of utmost importance to make him run out like that. 

I suppose back then they had the kind of clocks that had to be wound every day, but it could also have been a UFO that made them stop.
Were they all beamed aboard an alien craft, never to be seen again?

Another possibility would be that a ghost frightened them so bad that they all ran out in terror and got swept way by the stormy waters.

A mystery we will never have a definite answer to now.