Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This may interest some of you
The internet is Much. Much More than,,,,, Firefox and Google,,,, there is another way to browse the Connected World of the internet.

My husband was actually writing a thread for everyone about how he stays connected with Old Friends and Colleagues that don't want to be Easily Traceable, Trackable and some don't want it known they are still Alive.
The thread would have been long, very long so he found a video for you, it's easy to follow and only 9 minutes long.

OK, I've mentioned this before, there is the Deep Web and The Dark Web, The Deep Web is an OK place if you're looking for the information the you believe is being Censored and Hidden from us, there you'll find it.

The Dark Web is not for the Faint Hearted, that is where the Sickest of Sick people post pictures of things that would give YOU Nightmares and Vomit!
It is where you go to Hire a Hitman/woman, Drugs to books on how to be a Pediphile and worse.

BUT! Enough of that!
Watch the video,,,,,,, remember it is the Deep Web you're interested in.

Here is a very good video explaining it to you in more detail. 
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Excellent tutorial. I've been using Linux-on-a-stick for years, including TAILS. It can be used on a CD/DVD or a flash drive, with the flash drive being preferred these days, and just as advertised, it leaves no footprints on the host machine. What happens is you boot to the flash drive, and the computer treats it as if it were the primary drive, and treats the actual primary drive (where your actual OS resides) as if it were an external drive, just another drive connected to the machine. This means that any registry details that would normally be saved to the machine aren't - they are instead saved to the flash drive, which goes with you when you leave.

The advantage to using it on a CD/ DVD ROM is that NOTHING is saved to the disk. Once it's burned, it's burned, and nothing gets added... including browser history.

Using it on a USB stick allows it to save stuff in what is called a "persistence file", but that also allows you to add new programs to the Operating System living on the USB stick. It's a trade off.

The Russians have developed a version of Windows 7 that can also be used from a USB drive for Linux impaired folks. One of the many gifts Russia has bestowed upon the world, along with Yellow Rain and the AK family of weapons.

I've assisted folks overseas in less than friendly countries get set up on TOR and related products. I won't mention which countries in the interests of personal security, but it's good to use in countries that are overly sensitive and tend to overly censor internet use. Folks using it can punch through national firewalls and the like, and not leave tracks in whichever internet cafe they use it in. Journalists trying to get uncomfortable news out of country, citizens trying to do the same, and a few other traveling types find it useful in certain contexts. One tries to stay dangerous even when the breathing fails, and in the information age, that sometimes means assisting other folks in being dangerous - vicarious dangerousness, I suppose.

It IS a little slow, as it has to route your communications through several servers distributed around the world to hide you actual location, but there are situations where the trade-off is worth the hassle.

Fun fact: it can be installed to a flash card, which nearly all laptops and a sizeable proportion of desktop computers have a reader for nowadays. If you install it to a micro-SD card, and it accidentally falls out of the adapter just before you get caught in a search point, well, life can be a bitch for border guards sometimes, and they never even know it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Ninurta" 
Quote:It IS a little slow, as it has to route your communications through several servers distributed around the world to hide you actual location, but there are situations where the trade-off is worth the hassle.

Mr. G. here, yes that is one of the Great features, you're very well hidden as far as your IP address and Country location is concerned. 
I don't use Linux, but we have a laptop that is dedicated for use with the Deep Web & Dark net.
I, not so much my wife have an (extreme) encrypted email contact point there, Why, simple like @Ninutra stated, there are countries that have very rigid and Very Well Censored, Monitored and Extremely Intrusive internet controls.
I have contacts from my shadowy past that I am still in contact with.
As an example of this, yesterday @Ninurta made a comment:
Quote:I've used military-grade thermite, and I'd bet dollars against donuts that Mr. G has, too. Never heard of "nanothermite", but that don't mean much by itself - there are lots of things that exist which I've never heard of, so it might really be a thing.
My wifes reply: (from me)
Quote:He's never heard of Nanothermite either and will make contact tomorrow with someone he knows for a Fact it there is such a thing as Nanothermite.

(He'll be using the dark.net to contact an old friend of his)
I had the answer reply at 04:10 AM our time this morning, the answer is No & Yes, because it's not widely used.
Then this person went into a long explanation about it's uses.

Our laptop I use exclusively for the Deep Web/Dark net is using our home service and before you have a Heart Attack because it was mentioned in the two videos to never do that.

As I'm sure @Ninurta knows, there are numerous programs today, called VPN Mask or Hide your IP, are free or very cheap.

Some free versions of your Antivirus does also, Avast and AVG does.
But you can go here: Link to find others.

I do use the Deep Web/Dark Net and I know how to and what sites to never click on.
Can it be used safely yes, can it be Scary, Yes.

One thing you need to remember, there on the Deep Web is the World The PTB the NWO and all the Control freaks Don't Want You To Know exists.
They Can Not Control about 90 percent of the web and that is the Deep Web.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]