Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MoFest 2018
Well, where do I start?

There are music festivals (expensive, muddy, crowded, disgusting, hard to get to, impossible to park, lousy toilets etc) AND there is MoFest.

MoFest is the Montrose Music Festival here in Sunny Scotland, and I have just returned home from my 7th? or 8th? annual MoFest in a row.

MoFest is FREE.
In fact it is the largest FREE Music Festival in the UK.
Hundreds of great bands playing live across 30 or so venues from 11am 'til the wee small hours all weekend.

The weather was unbelievably fantastic (AGAIN!)
It is busy without being overcrowded.
The people are friendly, welcoming and fun.
It's an easy 2 hours (and a bit) drive from my house.

I stay in my camper van on a quiet street at the edge of town facing the Links (the open grassy area between the town and the beach) - again for FREE.
I have friends who live just round the corner for company, food, toilet breaks and showers.
Not to mention the back-yard music sessions -

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3835]
(Yup - That's me!)

If you ever get the chance to check it out.... Just Go! I can heartily recommend it.
(Did I mention that it's FREE?)

minusculebeercheers

G

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Sounds Like Fun  minusculebeercheers

So,,,,, The Big-G is setting there playing his stringed instrument and singing,,, Good For You  mediumbagpiper  you're looking Good and Healthy.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Glad you had fun.  minusculebeercheers

It sounds like some of the music festivals I went to in my younger days.  A weekend of music, camping, and just an all around good time! 

I miss those days.
(05-28-2018, 05:40 PM)guohua Wrote: Sounds Like Fun  minusculebeercheers

So,,,,, The Big-G is setting there playing his stringed instrument and singing,,, Good For You  mediumbagpiper  you're looking Good and Healthy.

THANK YOU!
I am feeling pretty good just now. (I think I'm Solar Powered!)
Gx
Our Big-G when he wasn't So Big,,,,,,,,,  tinylaughing
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-28-2018, 10:17 PM)guohua Wrote: Our Big-G when he wasn't So Big,,,,,,,,,  tinylaughing

"Giving it Laldy!" as they say around these parts!
I tried sharing some videos of us playing at the festival, but they're hosted on my pals FB feed and the privacy settings won't let them play here.

... and the videos that I took with my phone don't have me playing in them.
I'm glad you had a great time and from the image you kindly provided, I see that you set up
an empty beer can and some plastic containers as a type of drum-kit to accompany your
strumming.

Obviously, the can was emptied for reasons of hydration under the hot sun and the same goes
for the discarding of the obligatory heavy kilt you have to wear.

smallcrackingup

You look cool, Sir!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3840]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(05-29-2018, 09:26 AM)BIAD Wrote: I'm glad you had a great time and from the image you kindly provided, I see that you set up
an empty beer can and some plastic containers as a type of drum-kit to accompany your
strumming.

Obviously, the can was emptied for reasons of hydration under the hot sun and the same goes
for the discarding of the obligatory heavy kilt you have to wear.

smallcrackingup

You look cool, Sir!

LOL - Thank You Sir!
Yes, the emptying of containers was purely for percussive and acoustic reasons.... obviously ahem!

OK, so I made my obligatory batch of cocktails (on the Friday this time), it's becoming a bit of a tradition now... but I have to make a different one each time we meet up, so I just invent them as I go along!!! (I have a large (2.6L) "concertina" style collapsible drinks container/dispenser with a built-in tap for this very purpose).

This years effort was nicknamed "Red Diesel"!

Equal parts Gin, Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Creme de Cassis, Cranberry Juice, Magners Cider and Cream Soda!
(There may be a little truth to the rumour that the "equal parts" were one full bottle of each! (I had to make two batches... using half my ingredients in each batch... there is now no Gin, Vodka, Schnapps, Cassis etc left!!) IT WASN'T JUST ME drinking it I hasten to add!
That was on top of the usual Lager, Cider, Guinness, Newcastle Brown, some lovely Plum Porter and a dram or three at bedtime!

I am currently doing a good impression of a half-shut knife, but it was an amazingly brilliant weekend.

minusculebeercheers 
G
We should all live life like Gordi  minusculebeercheers
On another positive note:
At the weekend, I learned what a Banjo Sandwich is!

Answers on a postcard? (no cheatin'!)

tinyhuh
(05-30-2018, 12:54 PM)gordi Wrote: On another positive note:

tinyhuh

As long as it does not involve lots of wine, a large can of oil, and several goats/ sheep, im very interested to know what it is
(05-30-2018, 01:12 PM)Wallfire Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 12:54 PM)gordi Wrote: On another positive note:

tinyhuh

As long as it does not involve lots of wine, a large can of oil, and several goats/ sheep, im very interested to know what it is

Never heard of this,,,,,,,,,  tinysurprised could it be, Gordi between two Hillbilly's?  tinywhat
A 'Banjo Sandwich'.

I can't... I daren't even... Oh my, the lawsuits alone would... Concerns regarding hip-pressure
and how the Navy denied such practices...

No, I just can't.
tinyhuh
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
OK then... Banjo Sandwich?

My apologies in advance for this.... (it was the only video I could find that showed it clearly enough!)

minusculebeercheers 
G
WHAT no sheep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!