Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[UK] What's In A Name.
(04-18-2018, 04:31 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I had considered it, since that's where some of my forbears came from, then decided against it because I never really took a shine to ass-whoopin's, and I'm fairly sure I'd have to carry a few of 'em.

I compensated by striking up a friendship with a lovely red-haired, blue-eyed lass from Ayrshire. I didn't pack an ass-whoopin' then because my legs were longer and I could outrun 'er.

No ass-whoopin's here bro!

We do have a story about the forbears though...

"Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Goldilocks. She went for a walk in the forest. Pretty soon, she came upon a house. She knocked and, when no one answered, she walked right in. At the table in the kitchen, there were three bowls of porridge..."

No, hang on.... that was the treebears!!

I remember my Irish cousins Mick & Paddy telling me that they had hoped to go to Canada on a working holiday... @"Sol"?
Paddy had found a website advertising Jobs in the Forestry sector there which seemed ideal until Mick noticed that the site was looking for "Tree Fellers" but there was only the TWO of them (Mick & Paddy), so they didn't go...

minusculechairshot

I know.... I KNOW!!!!
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
That reminds me of the story of 3 friends, a Welshman Scots and Irish went to an expensive restaurant, they had a wonderful meal with lots of wine and brandy. At the end of the evening the Scots man said "Dont worry I will pay for everything"
News paper headline next morning.  Welsh ventriloquist found murdered out side restaurant.
Not far from where I live are the small towns of 'Crackpot, Wide Open and Pity Me'.

They're real places in the North-East of England and between you and me, I believe
Boy In A Dress came from the first one.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3606][Image: attachment.php?aid=3607]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.