Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K129
K129 the Soviet Nuclear Missile Submarine that sunk and was recovered by the CIA using Howard Hughes ship, (Glomar Explorer) in 1974.

I think everyone here knows about this, but if you don't, here is a  Link.

Now if you're interested in the real reason K129 was off the cost of Hawaii, watch this video.

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Cool, but very scary, story!

Thanks Mrs G.

minusculebeercheers 

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
From 'Soldier Of Fortune' website 2016.

Quote:'...A theory has emerged that due to it being way off course, manned with an additional dozen men,
and with a nuclear missile in launch position when sunk, the Soviet sub K-129 went rogue and was
going to attack Hawaii to start a war between the US and China...'
SOURCE:

Very interesting and very scary.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I remember reading about this some time ago, but it was very hard to filter out what is true and what has been "added" to make it more interesting. The story I read was that the command codes on the subs were not enough to fire the missiles but and extra codes need to be sent to the sub. No one on the subs knew about the extra code. If the extra code was not entered and the missiles were fired they would self destruct but not the war heads.  
When I look at the video the film Phantom comes to mind, wonder if he copied the idea.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1922685/
I found it very interesting that the Ships Bell was not at the bottom of the Ocean with the Front portion of the Sub that was supposed to have not made it to the surface.
After doing some searching, I found that a Ships Bell was located in the Bridge or Conning Tower for Submarines.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]