Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MANDELA GASLIGHTING EFFECT
Do you remember certain things that are "different" now than you remember them being in the past?
I do.
This is called The Mandela Effect.
It was given this name due to people who seem to remember that Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 1980s, and not at his home in Johannesburg in 2013.
Just recently a woman that lived in the community where I grew up had her obit in the local newspaper. I specifically remember her dying approximately 30 years ago. I remember seeing her daughter a few months after her death and sharing my condolences.
There have been other people from my personal memory who died too, only to die again years later. [Image: hushed.png?v=2]
I also remember Billy Graham dying, then seeing the report of his death again many years later.
And, we have all seen the debate on the BerenstEIN Bears spelling, so this isn't new.
It's crazy!!
Below is a video about a man who swears certain verses in the King James Bible have changed since his childhood. He points out some scriptures as he remembers them years ago, but today those same scriptures have the words changed, and this was verified in a very old bible he had on hand.
I remember the scriptures as he stated they were too. We had to go to Bible school class once a week when I was in grammar school. This man and woman came to our school and taught the class about the books of the bible and certain important bible verses and stories.
We got a "reward" for memorizing as many verses as we could the next week when they came back.
I remember in the Lord's Prayer that it stated, "Forgive us our 'trespasses", but now it states, "Forgive us our "debts". It also replaces the word "thy", with "your". This is NOT what I was taught!
Watch the video and see what you think.

Quote:There has been an viral internet belief that the Mandela Effect could be some sort of quantum glitch and that because of the apocalyptic changes, there are two worlds that are melding together, or, of time line corrections or disruptions because of theories that we are living in an artificial environment, or because of experiments of time bending that may or may not be happening in the Large Hadron Collider located at CERN.

[Image: tracker.jpg]

Quote:There are people who are skeptical of the fact that anyone can alter history, anyone can assume that a timeline has been linear and the past, present and future may be simultaneously happening.
While we think there is a precise measuring of time, we cannot fathom that it can be theoretically reshaped and many histories can be forgotten and rewritten to fit a version that everyone can agree on.
Now, not only are there physical time measurements being drawn or manipulated, but our mental acuity and remembrance of time and history are being manipulated as well. The news stories of alleged deaths and other strange occurrences make one stop and wonder if our mental clocks are being tampered with and in an Orwellian fashion being changed to fit the needs of the elite.
There is also the idea there has been some strange paradigm shift and the world you think you were living in and the information that you hold as fact was not really fact but a glitch in the Matrix.
The idea is mind boggling but now it seems that the universal time glitch or erasure seems to be happening, or people claim they are experiencing a time tweak.
Skeptics say that it is a very large leap to believe that the fabric of reality shifted at some point in the past, and therefore, not only do parallel, inhabitable universes exist, but that we are constantly switching between them.
However, there are many scientists that believe we are living in an advanced simulation much like the Matrix or a living encyclopedia that has been created by advanced artificial intelligence.
The idea our Universe is a fiction generated by computer code solves a number of inconsistencies and mysteries about the cosmos.
In Summer 2012, scientists at CERN observed what is now believed to be the elusive “God Particle.”
But the standard model is as yet, unable to explain a number of baffling properties of the universe – including the fact the universe is expanding at an ever-increasing speed. Dark Matter is believed to be a web-like matter that binds visible matter together.
If it exists, it would explain why galaxies spin at the speed they do something which remains unexplained based only on what we can currently observe.
The standard model does not yet hold an explanation for the force of gravity. The as-yet unproven existence of Dark Matter could be explained by a virtual universe.
The artificial universe could have a glitch which triggers things like synchronicity, déjà vu and the Mandela Effect where in one timeline we learned or assumed that certain facts are true or that they have been misplaced or have been left and eventually become faulty memories.

[Image: Synchronicity.jpg]

Quote:When we envision there are other possible realities–other parallel universes– The Mandela effect can give us a sense of how it feels to move between them. These kinds of “jumps” are either leaps of consciousness, and example of retro causality or a reversed echo that is transitory through the zeitgeist.
If we go back to the Orwellian concept of what this phenomenon may be, it can also be theorized that perhaps we are all becoming victims of some psychological “gaslighting” and if so, we are witnessing a very effective psychological operation that leaves us unsure of our collective memory.
Gaslighting is an attempt to control you by changing your perception of reality. It is an abusive form of manipulation usually carried out by narcissists and psychopaths. Gaslighting is a manipulation designed to get a mark of victim into doubting their own memory, perception, and sanity.

[Image: gaslighting.jpg]
Quote:We find the technique all through George Orwell’s, 1984. Language was remade until one could not speak of certain things except to say they were good, and other things except to say they were bad.
However, the alleged psy-op continues and there have been many new Mandela stories that have surfaced.
For example, many of us grew up with Mr. Rogers and his make believe neighborhood. For the longest time we have sung the song “It’s a beautiful day in the Neighborhood.” Years later we are told that the song was never sung that way. The song was always “It’s a beautiful day in THIS neighborhood.” People also are dumbfounded to realize that when Forrest Gump played by Tom Hanks says “Life is Like a Box of Chocolates” he really said “Life WAS like a Box of chocolates.”
There has also been controversy over the famous Darth Vader revelation about who was the Father of Luke Sky Walker. Many people will swear that Darth Vader extended his hand to Luke and said “Luke I am Your Father” – in reality he says “No I am your Father.” There is one thing I remember Vader saying to Luke on the gantry after delivering the “Father” quote is that after Luke cries “No that’s impossible” I clearly recall Vader saying “Search your feelings youngster you know this to be true.”
He doesn’t say it – and I was always perplexed as to why I always remembered those lines.
There is also a claim about Jiffy Peanut Butter and at one time, it was allegedly shortened to “Jiff.” Additionally, Toucan Sam was always following his nose to “Fruit Loops” spelled F-R-U-I–T instead for “Froot Loops” spelled F-R-O-O-T.

[Image: Froot-Loops-710x267.jpg]
Quote:There is also the dilemma of whether or not Looney Tunes is spelled T-U-N-E-S or T-O-O-N-S. The answer is T-U-N-E-S.

There is more that Clyde Lewis covers on this topic that you can read Here/Souce

What about you?  Have you experienced the Mandela Effect?
Some you mention are the Mistakes of the News Media.
Others could possibly be a dimension shift, when you sleep and step into another dimension, or your unconscious does.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
@Guohua - yep, I do that - go to other dimensions in my sleep. It's kinda creepy. The laws of physics seem not to be the same there.

@Everybody Else - let's not forget the infamous thread at TOS, where each half of the thread was arguing vehemently that Australia used to be in a different place/position when they were in school, both side equally convinced that their version of years ago Australia was the "true" version.

@Mystic Wanderer - yep, I sometimes recall things differently from what they are recorded as now. I chalk it up to my creeping senility rather than dimensional blending, however.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I have experienced a number of the things people mention, but not all of them. Remember the fairy tale Snow White? For me, I clearly remember it was always mirror, mirror on the wall, now it is magic mirror.

I remember The Berenstein Bears, not Berenstain.

I remember Depends and not Depend.

What else? Oh yes, Luke...I am your Father.

Interview with A Vampire, not THE vampire.

From the childhood show Mr. Rogers, I remember "It's a beautiful day in THE neighborhood," Now it's a beautiful day in THIS neighborhood.

I can't remember all the ones that have been listed.

I know there are different theories on how this has come about, but I'm not sure what I believe just yet.

You get real tired of hearing at other places about our faulty memories or us being special snowflakes and wanting attention.
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, just have some stuff on my mind that I need to expel, and this seems to be the best fit... so please just bear with me.

I recently, at the suggestion of a friend watched "What the bleep do we know" despite the fact I couldn't wholly wrap my head around what was said until halfway through, and realized it fit my thinking. (Quantum somethings, reality is what you make it, mind over matter stuff). It got me thinking about parallel/multi universes, timewave zero, and the Mandela effect. Now I have this chewed up wad of stuff I need to spit out because it's clogging up my thinking... (watch your toes for splatter)

So, I have determined I believe in multiple universes, I think there are VERY subtle differences between them all. Example: hyphen or no in kit-kat in another universe it's something else, or multiple somethings else.

I believe we travel, some, or most, or maybe everyone, to the different universes while we sleep. That's not saying we can't slip into another while awake. I think for the most part everything seems the same, until you notice it isn't.

I believe this may be connected to the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) 
 https://home.cern/resources/faqs/facts-a...-about-lhc

10 September 2008: LHC first beam 

23 November 2009: LHC first collisions

Even though it was turned on in 2008, it didn't have it's first colliding beams until 2009, which coincidentally is the same year Fiona Broome coined the term "Mandela Effect"

I don't think anyone has faulty memories, mine aren't anymore real or important than yours. Obviously we don't originate from the same universe. 

I also think despite the fact these changes are publicized, I think there could be simple tiny changes than only the individual might notice, that the rest of the world has no clue about, such as the time I looked in the mirror and my glasses were NOT the ones I bought the last time I bought glasses, a bit more than a couple years prior. These were a rose gold... I buy/wear only silver, even though rose gold is an option... I KNOW I bought silver, my daughter remembers me buying the ones I have, rose gold, she was there... It was very emotional for me, kinda hit too close to home so to say LOL, I had to tell her I wasn't her mother...

Which brings me to..  I think we as individuals are in all the universes at the same time, just bits of our consciousness is in each universe, and upon our individual death, when all the bits of consciousness come together, we will finally know EVERYTHING

I'm not entirely sure how timewave zero fits in, but feeling like it was "counting down to something", some thought end of the world, I'm wondering if maybe that was a possible moment ALL universes intersected at the same point, not sure what kind of chaos that might cause... perhaps just mix everyone up and toss us into different universes.

Still trying to figure it out, but I feel a bit lighter in the brain
I can make it just a bit more wonky for you.

I was born with under developed rods and cones. Then along comes my benign tumor. Long story short, I had to train myself to see the way most people see, and I often fail. The average person sees the object in their field of view. I see the space around the object, and my brain fills in the rest.

Because of this anomaly, I notice things that most people never see. It is not that they can't see it, it is just that the average brain ignores what is outside of the norm.

Most people would be more shocked at what they don't see, than with what they actually see. You probably have seen this video before, it is almost two decades old. The brain is processing data at light year speed. In that process it has to project only that which it feels is relevant. We would go mad if we were able to see everything that the brain receives.

So yes. I think there is more around us than we realize. I have seen some of it.

It does a fair job of showing that the brain is programmed to see only what is relevant. Until you make it relevant.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(03-26-2022, 06:51 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: The average person sees the object in their field of view. I see the space around the object, and my brain fills in the rest.

Because of this anomaly, I notice things that most people never see. It is not that they can't see it, it is just that the average brain ignores what is outside of the norm.

It does a fair job of showing that the brain is programmed to see only what is relevant. Until you make it relevant.

I totally missed the bear because I was watching for something else... I knew the white shirts were a distraction... oh well LOL

I just recently watched a video... (can't recall what it was) it touched on this subject as you describe, I found that intriguing, but not surprising that the brain ignores a lot. 

Thanks for responding  tinybiggrin
Quote:Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, just have some stuff on my mind that I need to expel, and this seems to be the best fit... so please just bear with me.
@"Psychotic_Gemini" 

No reason to Apologize.
You or anyone can resurrect any thread they wish.  tinylaughing
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-26-2022, 07:29 PM)guohua Wrote: No reason to Apologize.
You or anyone can resurrect any thread they wish.  tinylaughing

Thank you  tinybiggrin
(03-26-2022, 06:51 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I can make it just a bit more wonky for you.

I was born with under developed rods and cones. Then along comes my benign tumor. Long story short, I had to train myself to see the way most people see, and I often fail. The average person sees the object in their field of view. I see the space around the object, and my brain fills in the rest.

Most people would be more shocked at what they don't see, than with what they actually see. You probably have seen this video before, it is almost two decades old. The brain is processing data at light year speed. In that process it has to project only that which it feels is relevant. We would go mad if we were able to see everything that the brain receives.

So yes. I think there is more around us than we realize. I have seen some of it.

Well I missed it even after knowing I should be looking for something else.
(03-26-2022, 06:51 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I can make it just a bit more wonky for you.

Lol... I totally missed the moonwalking bear! But I got the 13 passes right! \O/
(03-26-2022, 07:45 PM)VioletDove Wrote: Well I missed it even after knowing I should be looking for something else.

It begs the question, how much don't we see?

I surprise my friends and family all the time. "They frequently ask two questions. "How in the hell did you see that?" and "Why in the hell didn't I see that."

I know that animals share this same issue, though they see things in a different spectrum, their brain seems to be wired in a similar way. They recognize only what seems to be relevant and will ignore what seems unimportant.

If we ever had control over the complete abilities of our brain, then we really would be supper humans. Or stark raving mad.

• minusculebeercheers 

(03-26-2022, 08:03 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 07:45 PM)VioletDove Wrote: Well I missed it even after knowing I should be looking for something else.

It begs the question, how much don't we see?

I surprise my friends and family all the time. "They frequently ask two questions. "How in the hell did you see that?" and "Why in the hell didn't I see that."

I know that animals share this same issue, though they see things in a different spectrum, their brain seems to be wired in a similar way. They recognize only what seems to be relevant and will ignore what seems unimportant.

If we ever had control over the complete abilities of our brain, then we really would be supper humans. Or stark raving mad.

It would be fun taking a walk with you so you could point out everything I miss lol! 

I often wonder about the brain. It is a a mysterious thing.
(03-26-2022, 08:17 PM)VioletDove Wrote: If we ever had control over the complete abilities of our brain, then we really would be supper humans. Or stark raving mad.

It would be fun taking a walk with you so you could point out everything I miss lol! 

I often wonder about the brain. It is a a mysterious thing.

Yeah the brain can seem tricky at times.

The down side is, I may see what you miss, but you may also see something that I miss. Weird thing is sometimes I am looking right at something. I know it is something, but there is a delay in when my brain finally decides what it is.

Sometimes I have to give it more data to work with, so I may have to get closer to it, shed a little light on it, or remove some of the light, before the brain will pull the right item from my data bank.

The eye anomaly, also helps me see well in the dark. I see much better in low light than bright light, which is not a bit helpful when driving at night, if folks are driving with bright lights. Not having to deal with street lights is a blessing out here in the woods.

I love to walk. My neighbor that walks with me regularly, laughs at me all the time. She says that my poor brain is at max speed all the time, and her brain gets tired just trying to keep up.

My vision is a gift and a curse. Sometimes I am embarrassed and people think I am drunk, because I walk into glass doors all the time. But I have to laugh it off, and just add a new bruise to the count for the day.

I will also share that I see things that some other people have a bit of trouble seeing, every once in a while. The thing about that that I find interesting, is that my Mother can always see it, even when others can't.

It must be in the beans.

• minusculebeercheers 

I completely failed. I dunno what a "pass" is, so I had no idea what I was supposed to be counting.

Saw the bear though - I figured he was about to get creamed with all them flying balls, and wondered why that dumbass was just ambling into that maelstrom..

We generally see what we have trained our minds to see. I've been in the woods with folks and seen all sorts of critter sign and tracks all over the place, when they see nothing. That's because I've trained my mind to see the tracks. I always want to know what is around, and what might be coming to get me... or what I might need to be going to get.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-26-2022, 06:15 PM)Psychotic_Gemini Wrote: Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, just have some stuff on my mind that I need to expel, and this seems to be the best fit... so please just bear with me.

I recently, at the suggestion of a friend watched "What the bleep do we know" despite the fact I couldn't wholly wrap my head around what was said until halfway through, and realized it fit my thinking. (Quantum somethings, reality is what you make it, mind over matter stuff). It got me thinking about parallel/multi universes, timewave zero, and the Mandela effect. Now I have this chewed up wad of stuff I need to spit out because it's clogging up my thinking... (watch your toes for splatter)

So, I have determined I believe in multiple universes, I think there are VERY subtle differences between them all. Example: hyphen or no in kit-kat in another universe it's something else, or multiple somethings else.

I believe we travel, some, or most, or maybe everyone, to the different universes while we sleep. That's not saying we can't slip into another while awake. I think for the most part everything seems the same, until you notice it isn't.

I believe this may be connected to the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) 
 https://home.cern/resources/faqs/facts-a...-about-lhc

10 September 2008: LHC first beam 

23 November 2009: LHC first collisions

Even though it was turned on in 2008, it didn't have it's first colliding beams until 2009, which coincidentally is the same year Fiona Broome coined the term "Mandela Effect"

I don't think anyone has faulty memories, mine aren't anymore real or important than yours. Obviously we don't originate from the same universe. 

I also think despite the fact these changes are publicized, I think there could be simple tiny changes than only the individual might notice, that the rest of the world has no clue about, such as the time I looked in the mirror and my glasses were NOT the ones I bought the last time I bought glasses, a bit more than a couple years prior. These were a rose gold... I buy/wear only silver, even though rose gold is an option... I KNOW I bought silver, my daughter remembers me buying the ones I have, rose gold, she was there... It was very emotional for me, kinda hit too close to home so to say LOL, I had to tell her I wasn't her mother...

Which brings me to..  I think we as individuals are in all the universes at the same time, just bits of our consciousness is in each universe, and upon our individual death, when all the bits of consciousness come together, we will finally know EVERYTHING

I'm not entirely sure how timewave zero fits in, but feeling like it was "counting down to something", some thought end of the world, I'm wondering if maybe that was a possible moment ALL universes intersected at the same point, not sure what kind of chaos that might cause... perhaps just mix everyone up and toss us into different universes.

Still trying to figure it out, but I feel a bit lighter in the brain

I'm with you on this, although a lot of my memories are before the LHC and I've put in a couple of posts here along the way outlining the experiences.

Can't put my finger on it succinctly.  Lost time, constant dreams and like living in another place.

Posting here, maybe the vault, would be a good thing to do.

I get better sleep after recounting what happened.

Kind regards,

Bally:)