Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders.
#41
(05-23-2019, 05:18 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...The first video in this set, the one that kept flashing "or her" onscreen, set me to wondering - for all his skill
and good fortune, Erwin seems to never have captured a FEMALE pixie on film, and I have to wonder why...

It could be that due the current over-the-top political correctness that's trending, Erwin and Tom are bending the
knee to it in hopes of not pissing-off any passing progressive! The viewer count on all the videos is low and being
passive with the small audience they have, may have been seen as a good move.

Quote:Ninurta

'...I have downloaded every single one of Erwin's videos I could find, and saved them to a local drive so that I can
step through them frame by frame to look for glitches and the like, and so far have not found a one.

The lighting, focus, contrast, edges, etc are exactly what one would expect if it were real. Admittedly, I'm no CGI expert,
and could never make a dime at it, but the work looks phenomenal to me, even frame by frame!...'

I agree, the effects really work. And this is what puzzles me.
The subject matter aside, if it is a style of self-advertising in order to display skills in movie-making, would loading a video
on YouTube really attract the interest of those who work in that industry?

The fifteen videos -to date, don't offer many examples of special effects and tend to lean more towards Erwin's stumbling
character. Admittedly, just like the first Jaws movie, you keep the audience hungry with only glimpses of the monster, but
can Mr. Saunders' act continue to hold the audience's attention?
That's assuming he's acting -of course!

If the goal is to promote one's movie-skills, then it will only be Tom that benefits. Erwin has hinted in the past that it is
London-based Tom that has advised him on how to behave in front of the camera and like others here, I seriously doubt
the elderly Mr. Saunders is the CGI expert. And I say that with respect to him.

The scenes involving Erwin attempting to crouch beneath a slab of rock and hide himself with the camo-netting are only
slightly humorous if the viewer has become used to the investigator's manner. It works to some extent, but if all of this
is a self-promotion campaign of video editing and effects, would Erwin's antics also add to Tom's prowess in film-making?

What is weirdly rational in all of this is Mystic's comments. If you accept the premise that whatever the videos show you
are real, then it all falls into place and the continuity makes sense. Which again, is the mark of a good filmmaker.

It's a conundrum!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
Reply
#42
I think I found out why Pixies and Gnomes are rare about the countryside these days.
tinysurprised



[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
Reply
#43
(06-03-2019, 08:29 PM)BIAD Wrote: I think I found out why Pixies and Gnomes are rare about the countryside these days.
tinysurprised




That could explain it!   tinylaughing
Reply
#44
I dunno, man... I think that last video might've been faked. The reason I think that is because the pixies and gnomes 'round here shoot back, so it's a dangerous proposition to shoot at one - they've all got kin, and if you kill one, you might start a blood feud. Now, 'tis true enough that they only shoot back with bows and arrows, and their arrows are about the size of a broom straw, but DAMN those things can get annoying iffen yer hit by several dozen at once! A cactus or a porcupine ain't got nothin' on 'em!

.
" I don't mind killin' a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if there's money involved... or a woman... "

 - Jayne Cobb, Hero of Canton
Reply
#45
(06-04-2019, 07:50 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I dunno, man... I think that last video might've been faked...

That's YouTube you're denigrating and I seriously doubt such an upstanding company would allow fakery of any type on
their platform.
smallcrackingup


Quote:...The reason I think that is because the pixies and gnomes 'round here shoot back, so it's a dangerous proposition to shoot
at one - they've all got kin, and if you kill one, you might start a blood feud.

It may well be that in your area of the globe, the Gnomes and Pixies tote firearms and ride around in pick-up trucks, but the
accents in the video indicate that the two young -obviously terrified, men come from a rural area of Germany, where guns are
frowned upon because of... well, what happened in the their history.

From past discourse, I realise that 'Blood Feuds' are something that you -yourself and others in your mountainous abodes take
very seriously... and frequently. I'd advise that contacting the local constabulary when such disagreements arise, but I also recall
your temporarily-suspended run-in your law enforcement.
This could have a bearing.
tinysurprised
Without sounding combative, maybe the gnomes and wee-folk that live around you aren't as bad-tempered as you?
tinyhuh 
With the current problems regarding immigration, this sort-of shoot first, shoot again and then empty the clip -tactic of interaction
with an unknown species (a tactic that some suggest Ninurta adheres to), isn't very European and I'm sure Mrs. Merkel and her
son -Emmanuel, would not condone such behavior.
minusculethumbsup

(BIAD re-reads his post and smiles at the opportunity of leaving the EU!)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
Reply
#46
(06-04-2019, 10:05 AM)BIAD Wrote: From past discourse, I realise that 'Blood Feuds' are something that you -yourself and others in your mountainous abodes take
very seriously... and frequently. I'd advise that contacting the local constabulary when such disagreements arise, but I also recall
your temporarily-suspended run-in your law enforcement.
This could have a bearing.
tinysurprised

C'mon now! Everyone has to have a hobby!

I'm an old man now, and part of the old guard. When I was a teenager learning the ways of men, I only saw a police officer about twice a year, and even then they were just passing through on their way to somewhere else. We never, EVER called the constabulary, because even if we did, it would have taken them 45 minutes to get to us, and by then our bodies would have already started cooling, and all the police could have done would be fill out a report.

So we handled life on our own, without them.

Nowadays, police are everywhere here, thanks to Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. You can't hardly throw a rock without hitting one (and boy, do they get testy when hit with a rock!). There is one living just up the road from me... and I STILL never call them. Old habits die hard, I reckon. I just handle life, and folks announce themselves before they come visiting, so it's all good. Most everyone knows not to screw around my house nefariously, and we all get along pretty well for it. 

I've even got a sign in my yard soliciting votes for a gentleman running for the office of county sheriff - but I don't need him poking around in my business, as I can handle it on my own just fine, thank'ye very much (hat tip to the sheriff's department!).

Quote:Without sounding combative, maybe the gnomes and wee-folk that live around you aren't as bad-tempered as you?
tinyhuh 

No, they are. They're every bit as ill tempered as I am. What can I say? They learned from the Master of Ill Temper! It's likely my fault they are so grouchy and curmudgeonly. I tried to make amends by building little stick log cabins for them and leaving them around in the woods, but they usually just burn them to the ground and whoop and holler while dancing around the flames. I wish they'd put on clothes for that last part, but they've probably said the same about me.


Quote:With the current problems regarding immigration, this sort-of shoot first, shoot again and then empty the clip -tactic of interaction
with an unknown species (a tactic that some suggest Ninurta adheres to), isn't very European and I'm sure Mrs. Merkel and her
son -Emmanuel, would not condone such behavior.
minusculethumbsup

(BIAD re-reads his post and smiles at the opportunity of leaving the EU!)

I'll have you know it's extremely European! We come from stout Scots-Irish and Welsh stock! I descend in a direct line from Charles Martel through Charlemagne, and another branch runs to Alfred the Great. Yet another runs to William the Conqueror, and on back to a thoroughly irascible set of Vikings. Another goes to Brian Boru, and still another traces to some McElwaine "Lairds of Grimmet" in Ayrshire Scotland - granted they were lowland Scots, and not badass highlanders like Gordi, but Scots all the same... All of 'em European, and all of 'em thoroughly grouchy when poked with a stick!

Where would Europe be without 44th great-grandpap Charles Martel dealing with an influx of "immigrants"? It would be in Arabia, that's where!

Why, I'm probably more European than those German girly-men, who, after all, got skeert enough to bus' a cap in some poor gnome's ass (well, several caps, it seems) who was just asking for directions to the nearest convenience store!


.
" I don't mind killin' a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if there's money involved... or a woman... "

 - Jayne Cobb, Hero of Canton
Reply
#47
(06-06-2019, 08:20 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...When I was a teenager learning the ways of men, I only saw a police officer about twice a year, and even then they were
just passing through on their way to somewhere else...

What remains unsaid to the reader is whether this 'seeing' of a passing police officer was from a position of idly standing at one's fence
or through a Leupold and Stevens Mark 6 scope, whilst prone on the ground. I'd like to think the former, but I think it's up to that same
reader to decide.
tinyhuh


Quote:....Old habits die hard, I reckon. I just handle life, and folks announce themselves before they come visiting, so it's all good.
Most everyone knows not to screw around my house nefariously, and we all get along pretty well for it....

I would suggest that the wary glances at the unmarked mounds around your property during a neighbourhood get-together also helps.
tinyhuh 

Quote:'...I've even got a sign in my yard soliciting votes for a gentleman running for the office of county sheriff...

Again, another example of what isn't also said, a comment regarding the other placard in your yard. It doesn't say 'KEEP OUT' does it?
The word 'Run' is used and something about how any personal belongings on the body will be confiscated to fund future ammunition
requirements. If memory serves, I think the local paper did a write-up about it and the Reporter still hasn't been found.
tinysurprised

Quote:[Gnomes] ...They're every bit as ill tempered as I am. What can I say?
They learned from the Master of Ill Temper! It's likely my fault they are so grouchy and curmudgeonly. I tried to make amends by building
little stick log cabins for them and leaving them around in the woods, but they usually just burn them to the ground and whoop and holler
while dancing around the flames. I wish they'd put on clothes for that last part, but they've probably said the same about me...

That's called 'baiting' and obviously, the Gnomes got wind of your ploy. You have the beard, try Erwin's tactics.

I'm surprised that your penchant for running through the woods naked is still ongoing after what happened with the over-sixties Ramblers
Association. Maureen -the President of the group, reported on their website that the way you 'pointed' when giving directions to the local
convenience store wasn't funny... not funny at all -she typed in caps.
And the photograph she posted wasn't very flattering either.
tinywondering 

Quote:'...I'll have you know it's extremely European!
We come from stout Scots-Irish and Welsh stock! I descend in a direct line from Charles Martel through Charlemagne, and another
branch runs to Alfred the Great. Yet another runs to William the Conqueror, and on back to a thoroughly irascible set of Vikings.

Another goes to Brian Boru, and still another traces to some McElwaine "Lairds of Grimmet" in Ayrshire Scotland - granted they were
lowland Scots, and not badass highlanders like Gordi, but Scots all the same... All of 'em European, and all of 'em thoroughly grouchy
when poked with a stick! 

Couldn't you have thrown a poet in there or at least an English fop who enjoyed butterfly-collecting?
tinywondering 

Quote:...Where would Europe be without 44th great-grandpap Charles Martel dealing with an influx of "immigrants"?
It would be in Arabia, that's where!

I looked-up Monsieur Martel in a Wikipedia piece in hope that words like 'diplomacy' and 'consideration' would be found there.
Sadly -and without any surprise, your ancestor's article stated:
"...According to a near-contemporary source, the Liber Historiae Francorum, Charles was "a warrior who was uncommonly
...effective in battle"

Very cosmopolitan.
tinysure 

Quote:Why, I'm probably more European than those German girly-men, who, after all, got skeert enough to bus' a cap in some poor
gnome's ass (well, several caps, it seems) who was just asking for directions to the nearest convenience store!

Ignoring the street-jive I believe you obtained from the movie 'Airplane!', you have not once mentioned the weather or referred
to the poor-diet of the English. Now that is European!

minusculebeercheers
[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)