Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We here at R-N 3, respect our Gay Friends
Canada, The 1960's.
Who would have thought?
Quote:“Gaydar”
[Image: 19990189-001-01.jpg=s750x1300]
Quote:Who doesn’t love Canada? Well, 1960’s Canada wasn’t quite the squishy utopia it seems to be today.

The Canadian government hired Carleton University professor Frank Robert Wake to create something it maliciously called the “fruit machine,” which they believed could detect and identify gay men. It wasn’t part of some benign effort to understand human sexuality.
It was part of a sick bit of McCarthyism with the stated goal of getting all gay men out of the country’s government. More than 400 people lost their jobs, and 9,000 more were kept on a file of “suspects.”
The device claimed to work by measuring how much a subject’s pupils dilated after being forced to look at same-sex erotic imagery.
:mediumomg:
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
People must remember times were different then. A worker who was gay could be blackmailed and if he was working for the government then he was a danger.
Its not nice but understandable if you thing that the cold war was in full swing and the whole world was on a knife edge.
Explanation: As a sexual person who deeply values what the universe tells me and it tells me that homosexuality is 1 possible and 2 statistically unavoidable and 3 is highly desirable in a culture that values X all creeds and Y creativity and Z high intelligence, I deeply support the title of this thread and its undercurrent feelings on the matter!

Personal Disclosure: We don't need no prefixes [ie homo/bi/trans/cis] on our sexuality to go boxing people up! We aren't fucking prudes here who demonize others unless they are actually demons and consensual sex between adults should never be demonized!

Rome never got over being christianized and the west has paid for it in the blood of homosexual people down through the ages since then has flowed like a river and I am going to leave it at that before I go on a massive off topic rant about religion interfering with population controls the universe itself has placed upon us. You know what I mean and if you don't then just google and wiki Alan Turing for a prime example!

@ the LBGTXYZ [you guys really need to do something about that name ok .. but I digress] ... minusculebeercheers 

P.S I may post later on about that machine ... but I have to do some deep study first!
@ Canada Tsk tsk .. [waggles finger] .. That's demonic and deserves a paddling! Go stand in the corner!  tinyshouting  tinytongue minusculechairshot minusculebonker
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
I can't get over the idea that what you do in the privacy of your life has any relevance to what
happens outside of it!

Gay people and the other self-named groups are just humans, if you can shovel shit like the
rest of us, fine. If you've brought your own shovel, even better.

But in a standard society, why do you need to go around, tell people you're 'different' and expect
a gratifying response...? It's your business, you carry it.

It's an old one, but how many people do you know who wander the world demanding it to change
because you're a male with a female partner...? Is it that it's deemed 'normal' and the outrage from
that alphabet of people comes from feeling like an outsider, or is it that they feel alone with their
personal situation and want attention?!

How many dogs, cats, hamsters and bald-eagles do you see wandering down a street waving banners
and screaming they have a right to exist and want the world to adjust around them?
None, they just get on with it and live.

Just get to shovelling the useless crap out of our opulent society, assisting areas of the world where
others are genuinely struggling and leave your larp at home.

Serious problems are dealt with by serious people and whatever your persuasion, it takes second-place
to you being you. Welcome, now get shovelling!!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(02-26-2018, 02:41 PM)Wallfire Wrote: People must remember times were different then. A worker who was gay could be blackmailed and if he was working for the government then he was a danger.
Its not nice but understandable if you thing that the cold war was in full swing and the whole world was on a knife edge.

You are Absolutely Correct.
People do forget the fact that others believed a person could be Blackmailed for their sexual activities.

My husband told me of a couple of field analyst that he knew and respected that were removed from his agency and because these two had been in Government Service for so long they couldn't be Fired since it was only the "Appearance Of" Possible Homosexual Activity, but they were both sent to work for the Federal Government, Forest Department.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]