Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[UK] Murdered MP's widower Brendan Cox quits charities.
Quote:Murdered MP's widower Brendan Cox quits charities.

'The husband of murdered MP Jo Cox, Brendan Cox, has quit two charities he set up in her memory
after allegations of sexual assault were made public.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3247]
Brendan Cox.

Mr Cox denied assaulting a woman in her 30s at Harvard University in 2015 -but admitted to "inappropriate"
behaviour while working for Save the Children.
He has left posts at More in Common and the Jo Cox Foundation a week after the Mail on Sunday published
the claims.

Mr Cox apologised for the "hurt and offence" caused by his past behaviour.
In a statement issued on Saturday, he said: "While I do not accept the allegations contained in the 2015 complaint
to the police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, I do acknowledge and understand that during my time at Save the
Children I made mistakes."

Mr Cox, who married Jo Cox in 2009, was reported to police in Massachusetts in the US in 2015 for "inappropriate
touching" while on a trip to Harvard -a claim which he denies.
The father-of-two said some of the allegations against him were a "massive exaggeration", but conceded that he
had at times "overstepped the line".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3248]
Jo Cox.

In 2015 the Mail on Sunday reported that Brendan Cox had stepped down from his position as chief strategist at
Save The Children over allegations of "inappropriate behaviour" which he at the time denied.
More details of Mr Cox's alleged behaviour emerged after Oxfam issued its own apology over a sex scandal
involving aid workers in Haiti.

Labour MP Mrs Cox was fatally shot and stabbed outside her constituency office in West Yorkshire by a far-right
extremist during the EU Referendum campaign in 2016. Mr Cox said it had become "much more difficult" to focus
on the two charities he set up after his wife's death, the community group More in Common and the Jo Cox Foundation.

"For that reason, while away over half term, I decided to step down from my current public roles for the time being,"
he said. He added: "In the past I have focused on disputing what I felt was untrue in the allegations, but I realise now
that it's more important to take full responsibility for what I have done."

A spokesperson for the Jo Cox Foundation said the charity "admired" Mr Cox's contribution as a trustee.
"The trustees and staff have admired the integrity, commitment and dedication that Brendan has shown in our work
to create a positive legacy for Jo," they said...'
BBC:

The fire still rises, it seems.
He stepped down from the 'Save The Children' charity a year before his wife was murdered.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I dont know what to say, its just sad
Once a Sexual Predator,,,,,, Always A Sexual Predator,,,, just like Anthony Weiner.
[Image: naked-anthony-weiner__oPt.jpg] and pictures to underaged girls,,,,,
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]