Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Black Lives Matter Leader Killed in New Orleans

Quote:[email=?subject=TheHill.com%3A%20Black%20Lives%20Matter%20leader%20fatally%20shot%20in%20New%20Orleans&body=From%20TheHill.com%3A%20%0A%0A%0A%0Ahttp%3A//thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/372742-black-lives-matter-leader-fatally-shot-in-new-orleans] [/email]
A leader of the Black Lives Matter movement died early Wednesday morning in New Orleans after being shot in the thigh, according to multiple reports.

Muhiyidin Elamin Moye, 32, was shot in the thigh while riding a bicycle, police told The New Orleans Advocate.
Moye was reportedly found early Wednesday and taken to a hospital, where he died hours later. Police are investigating the shooting, which has been ruled a homicide, according to Charleston's Live5 News.

Moye, who also went by the name Muhiyidin d’Baha and was known to family and friends as “Moya,” drew national attention for his activism after he jumped over a police tape barrier to take a Confederate flag from a demonstrator in Charleston in 2016.

A GoFundMe page has been set up by a woman identifying herself as Moye’s niece, who writes on the page that she is raising money so the family can bring Moye’s body from New Orleans back to Charleston for a funeral.

The GoFundMe raised more than $20,000 in the first 20 hours of being posted, well over the $7,500 goal.
Dozens of activists took to social media to express their sadness at Moye’s death, including well-known Black Lives Matter organizer DeRay McKesson, who tweeted that Moye was “a force and an incredible guy.”
He was such a force and an incredible guy. This is quite a loss. https://t.co/gtnkwIQjAQ

I'll just hold my tongue regarding this article.   tinysure
I personally don't want to see anybody meet a violent death, even those who may stand for something I don't agree with. RIP Moye, 32 is too damn young.

ETA - I take that back (partially). There are a very select few throughout the course of history that I would have no sympathy for if they met a violent death. Most of them did though, so it's neither here nor there.
The GoFundMe was for transportation of Mr. Moye's body from New Orleans to Charleston and funeral costs.

Quote:'...Weaver did not immediately return a CNN email, but GoFundMe confirmed the legitimacy of the account
seeking funds to transport Moye's body back to Charleston, where a funeral is planned.
As of Wednesday afternoon, the fundraiser had garnered triple its goal of $7,500...'

And CNN don't lie, however it means the fund is $22,500.

Quote:'...according to his niece Camille Weaver who set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for his funeral...'
NYDailyNews:
Well, maybe CNN miss bits out.

Sadly due to the virtue-signalling on both web-pages, we haven't learned why Mr. Moye was riding a bicycle
at 1.30 in the morning around in a city 760 miles away from his home.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.