Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's talk about sex...
That got your attention, didn't it?

What I really want to talk about is all of those sex assault claims that keep popping up, day after day.

Are they starting to get on your nerves too? if that's the case, don't hashtag me too...

I want to give my opinion on the matter and I hope you share an opinion as well.

For me, it's become a circus. No doubt that some of the claims are true, no doubt. But c'mon...

For many, it's become a tool to push a feminist agenda. Hope I'm not ruffling any feathers, it's not my intention.

For others, it's become a helluva way to get revenge on someone in a position of power.

Let's agree on something here; some celebrities have been taken advantage of, no doubt but isn't there one or two or a few dozen dozens that haven't ventured on a casting couch just to get a part? A movie part or a tv spot that is.

And where does one draw the line? When a woman is attractive and dressed accordingly, she will be looked at. Always has been.

The difference between now and yesteryears is that when a woman gets touched in forbidden zones...be it the butt or a boob or whatever...in yesteryears, the person doing the groping would have had his face slapped hard enough to see the hand print or he'd have his nuts shaken and stirred by a knee. The woman's knee.

Nowadays, no. Let's make this headline news.

Don't get me wrong, people like Weinstein deserve every minute of the hell they're going through. But some stories I see online are just pure nonsense.

How many movie stars still have dozens of women just circling around them waiting for a chance to brag about a romance or a fling with such or such. Coming out twenty, thirty, forty years later to say that they were abused...well...sure.

And let's not even talk about music artists. Cause they would all deserve to burn in hell for eternity lol

It's now getting into politics. Damn...the old Roman Senate used to have orgies for goodness sake. Nowadays...they'd all burn at the stake.

Those last words have been chosen to fit because that's exactly what it's become...a witch hunt.

I do condemn outright rapists. Find them, put them in a box and throw the key in the ocean.

But let's stop pretending that regular flirts and one night stands have never occurred. Let's stop pretending that some women won't use their charm and sometimes sensuality to get what they want.

Purleeeeeeeeeease....

It's become a circus.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Yes there are getting tiring, I also noticed that the sex assaults are from even more years ago now. The guy is much older now and she younger and now older and needs to feel like the victim from 25 years ago.

Sorry, but I don't believe all the claims.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
You're right, it's an attention-grabbing word in this climate and it seems a much-needed trick
for tabloids and poorly-editorialised websites all over the world!

From my satellite-perusals on the #-trend, it's been suggested that Hollywood took hold of
the subject in order to not only contain the poor perception of the industry, but also to keep
it on the 'woman-oppressed-by-man' track.

The reason being, is so that the scandal-mongers don't stray into the 'boys/girls-oppressed
-by-men' category.

On the up-side... if there is one, is the subject is a steady dosage of virtue-signalling for those
who enjoy portraying themselves as spiritual friends of victims that announced their ordeal-for
-fame.

For the accused men, their original trend was to donate monies to charities affiliated with sexual
abuse. Much like Barons and Lords did to atone for their sins to the church, ages ago!
But I reckon to keep the 'Men=Bad,Women=Poorly-paid Victims' topic in the headlines, it may
develop into something more than just career-stifling.

And, it stops the Hollywood media having to tell the real truth.
INMHO.

Edit: This subject will have an effect in this area... celebrity salaries.
Notice the wages were decreased for the men and not increased for the women.
It turns the whole equality movement into a vindictive manoeuvre against men and makes it
an ideal tactic for companies to save money.

I use the word 'men' loosely because their wives should play holy-hell!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(01-26-2018, 10:34 PM)BIAD Wrote: Edit: This subject will have an effect in this area... celebrity salaries.
Notice the wages were decreased for the men and not increased for the women.
It turns the whole equality movement into a vindictive manoeuvre against men and makes it
an ideal tactic for companies to save money.

Nail. Hammer. Head.

As I said, it's turning into a circus. How many companies out there only wish they had a way to cut someone out from the money flow, as they're seen as making way too much money after all of these years of service? Here's a solution, one harassment claim and be gone !!

Has anyone noticed that when a new claim comes out, the person who's name is being called out is automatically sentenced as guilty by the media and the general public at large? without even a court procedure?

Politicians are stepping down, celebrities are avoided (James Franco & the Oscars as an example), and a lot of people out there are losing their jobs, over claims that only stand on one and/or a few people's words.

Corporations love it.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~