Suggest a reddit prescene
for about two weeks
then youtube launch with patreon
With an increase in twitter and facebook

on the youtube
Note people actually seem to like avatars and talking 
not live faces...
An observation
Senona was sharing threads to FB, Twitter, and Google when she was here.  Sol and a few of us had started a radio show, but the first show we recorded didn't even make it to the public because he hurt his back, then he got busy with work, and...   blah, blah, blah.   Anyway, the radio show didn't get off the ground.  Not Sol's fault; life happens.

Then Senona had to leave because her hubby got sick and she was working two jobs. 

I post to our FB page, and sometimes Twitter to help advertise the site, but Twitter is more time-consuming because you have to come up with all the hashtags to attract people, and a catchy phrase.  I only share over there if it's a really important topic that everyone should see.  I don't have time to do it; I'm not even a MOD. As for Google, someone else would have to do that.

Gordi was making videos for a while, but stopped.  I don't think it was attracting people like he/we hoped it would.

I don't know, it seems like new people come for a few weeks, then stop.  All I can figure, they are liberals and don't like us praising Trump.

Honestly, I've had my hopes vaporized so many times by what was supposed to happen here, I just post some threads to help keep it going and then go on with my day.  If you all can figure something out, great!
@"Armonica_Templar" 

Hi A-T,
Thanks VERY MUCH for opening up a new suggestion discussion, and coming up with some ideas.

Yup, like Mystic said...
We do have a presence on several social media platforms and very regular posts/updates on FB etc. (THANKS Mystic!!!)

We do also have a youtube channel already and I tried creating and posting several videos there but got VERY little feedback or results in terms of attracting new members. I don't mind making the videos, but it can be quite time-consuming and soul-destroying when hardly anyone even notices!
(Just curious - but did you notice them or the links to them?)

The link to the last video posted should still be on the banner announcements at the top of our main page....

IMHO - we DO need a presence on these platforms, but we need to figure out how to make it work better for us, both in terms of reaction/feedback and in attracting new members.
How do we get people to watch the videos in the first place (if they're not already members)?

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(01-17-2018, 11:46 AM)gordi Wrote: @"Armonica_Templar" 

Hi A-T,
Thanks VERY MUCH for opening up a new suggestion discussion, and coming up with some ideas.

Yup, like Mystic said...
We do have a presence on several social media platforms and very regular posts/updates on FB etc. (THANKS Mystic!!!)

We do also have a youtube channel already and I tried creating and posting several videos there but got VERY little feedback or results in terms of attracting new members. I don't mind making the videos, but it can be quite time-consuming and soul-destroying when hardly anyone even notices!
(Just curious - but did you notice them or the links to them?)

The link to the last video posted should still be on the banner announcements at the top of our main page....

IMHO - we DO need a presence on these platforms, but we need to figure out how to make it work better for us, both in terms of reaction/feedback and in attracting new members.
How do we get people to watch the videos in the first place (if they're not already members)?

G

first I had heard of them..

We need a marketing strategy with no budget...

We have to design every step of the way..

1) what is the product

2)who is the audience for product

3)what is the cost

4)what do you expect

As stupid as it sounds you can spend over five /six cycling through these simple questions

You figure out number four changes number 1.. And you re-cycle through the questions

You had a conflict between three and four it sounds like
1) what is the product

a)threads here on RN

2)Who is the audience/product for

a)general public
*will require a search between trending topics off of google analytics for a rough idea
*Will require a look at popular platforms similar based on sells

3)what is the cost

a)time

b)emotional investment

4)What do you expect

a) feedback
b)views

Now with this in mind
we go back through the loop refining till we cant refine

note
do not edit out ridiculous statements or points
not till everyone decides we are finished with the loops
finished product but all suggestions kept as notes

If someone does not like a loop idea

make sub note

Arnonica_Templar
I disagree with X.. Because y leads to z.. and I think the sky is purple

That is the Outline to continue through with

Also note

What else should be noted

3)
Gordi
Time cost of doing videos I did

4)
Gordi-
I did videos-
low to no feedback

KISS and honesty will get the result we are looking for..
We have to find the definitions of what we are looking for

I hope my brains was able to translate my thoughts
Quote:1) what is the product

a)threads here on RN

*recomend take the threads with most replies
*recomend take threads with most views

a)general public
*will require a search between trending topics off of google analytics for a rough idea

3)what is the cost

a)time

b)emotional investment

4)What do you expect

a) feedback
b)views

And we keep adding

say put it in a quote box
clone copy

highlight your suggestions in a different colour
(01-15-2018, 04:26 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Senona was sharing threads to FB, Twitter, and Google when she was here.  Sol and a few of us had started a radio show, but the first show we recorded didn't even make it to the public because he hurt his back, then he got busy with work, and...   blah, blah, blah.   Anyway, the radio show didn't get off the ground.  Not Sol's fault; life happens.

Then Senona had to leave because her hubby got sick and she was working two jobs. 

I post to our FB page, and sometimes Twitter to help advertise the site, but Twitter is more time-consuming because you have to come up with all the hashtags to attract people, and a catchy phrase.  I only share over there if it's a really important topic that everyone should see.  I don't have time to do it; I'm not even a MOD. As for Google, someone else would have to do that.

Gordi was making videos for a while, but stopped.  I don't think it was attracting people like he/we hoped it would.  

I don't know, it seems like new people come for a few weeks, then stop.  All I can figure, they are liberals and don't like us praising Trump.

Honestly, I've had my hopes vaporized so many times by what was supposed to happen here, I just post some threads to help keep it going and then go on with my day.  If you all can figure something out, great!

Now with the suggestion here by MW

Quote:1) what is the product

a)threads here on RN

*recomend take the threads with most replies
*recomend take threads with most views

a)general public

*hastag generation-
research hash tags and or creation of RN specific

3)what is the cost

a)time

b)emotional investment

4)What do you expect

a) feedback
b)views

I hope I got close to what you where thinking
@"Mystic Wanderer" 
I'm Very, Very, Very Sorry our site isn't what you hoped for.
I REALLY Wish there was more I or We could do.
Many of us that are Admin's and Mod's don't know the Back-End like Sol does.
He hasn't had the time to train.

Thank You for all your hard work and your time with FB and Twitter and Post Awesome threads.
If I could make our site better or exactly like you want it, I Would.
If you know of a Mod here that knows FB and other Social Media like you do, Please let me know.

I'm Sorry to all our Staff and members.
I don't do FB or any other Social Media other than R-N3.

All I can do and have been doing is texting and emailing Sol and asking for help.

I've gone into our Members Area in the Admin Section and emailed Every member who hasn't been here in one month or longer.
I was doing that twice a month and I'm done to once a month.

I can not be here every day, my husband is terminally ill and we are gone for a week at a time.
But if you or any one here feels that I'm the problem, please let me know and I'll step down.

Gordi did an Awesome job with our Youtube videos and You do an Awesome job with Social Media and BIAD is Just Awesome with his Banners.
All our Mod's try their Very Best.
I  Love All Of You!

Armonica_Templar has some Great Short Stories. 

I don't know what to do, Sorry.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Also, I did ask the one member we had that was going to do a radio show.
She has been to busy with her personal life I think.
I think the MODs and owner are doing a great job. This site is somewhere I like to be.
I believe that if this site goes down the path of selling its self, then it will very quickly become another ATS. I found this site by word of mouth, and that perhaps is the way it should be done.
For me RN is a well run place where people come to talk share info and stuff, there is respect here.
So to the owners and MODs at RN 

Thank you
(01-21-2018, 01:21 AM)Wallfire Wrote: I think the MODs and owner are doing a great job. This site is somewhere I like to be.
I believe that if this site goes down the path of selling its self, then it will very quickly become another ATS. I found this site by word of mouth, and that perhaps is the way it should be done.
For me RN is a well run place where people come to talk share info and stuff, there is respect here.
So to the owners and MODs at RN 

Thank you

No,,, Thank YOU @"Wallfire"  for being a part of our Family.
Mystic Wanderer works hard keeping our Social media uptodate and BIAD, Gordi, OmegaLogos and Duckforcover and others here help in every way they can.

We try to find that information people don't get with the MSM.
We also try to be Open Minded  tinybigeyes,,,,
(01-20-2018, 09:42 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Mystic Wanderer" 

Thank You for all your hard work and your time with FB and Twitter and Post Awesome threads.
If you know of a Mod here that knows FB and other Social Media like you do, Please let me know.

All I can do and have been doing is texting and emailing Sol and asking for help.

I've gone into our Members Area in the Admin Section and emailed Every member who hasn't been here in one month or longer.

I can not be here every day, my husband is terminally ill and we are gone for a week at a time.
But if you or any one here feels that I'm the problem, please let me know and I'll step down.

Gordi did an Awesome job with our Youtube videos and You do an Awesome job with Social Media and BIAD is Just Awesome with his Banners.
I  Love All Of You!

No, you and Mr. G. are awesome.   Thank you for putting up the site for all of us to come to and socialize. 
It isn't just this site that's low on members posting. I've been on 3 other boards over the past couple of years and all of them are just like this one with low numbers of people posting.   I honestly think it's Twitter's fault.  More and more people are going there to discuss topics that are trending and make threads.  I really don't have any other answer for why this site isn't doing better.

I will be absent for a while due to problems at home.
(01-21-2018, 03:09 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 09:42 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Mystic Wanderer" 

I  Love All Of You!

No, you and Mr. G. are awesome.   Thank you for putting up the site for all of us to come to and socialize. 
It isn't just this site that's low on members posting. I've been on 3 other boards over the past couple of years and all of them are just like this one with low numbers of people posting.   I honestly think it's Twitter's fault.  More and more people are going there to discuss topics that are trending and make threads.  I really don't have any other answer for why this site isn't doing better.

I will be absent for a while due to problems at home.
Thank You from us both and our Great Staff here.

Yes, I know nothing of Twitter.

Yes, take care of your Family and remember, we are here for you.
This is just my two cents, which has never been worth much to anyone... lol..

But where there is diversity of thoughts and views there is vigorous debate and discussion... that is what makes any discussion forum fun - it delivers on the discussion.

When everyone on any forum has similar views or are otherwise unwilling to debate differing views for fear of hurting feelings it's just not as fun, it doesn't have the same draw other than the draw of friendship... which keeps it small overall, because those who don't feel a part of that friendship feel they are on the outside looking in, and no one wants to feel like the third wheel until they get to know everyone or figure out where they might fit in...

It's not to say everyone here isn't welcoming - you are and couldn't do any better, it's just a thought as to perhaps why growth is stagnant. ..

I think a better idea for drawing in people is to stage some actual debates... good ones on relevant topics of the day. Have people take or assign people sides, and make it interesting - people from outside of here will be more willing to jump on that way with their own two cents.
(01-21-2018, 04:18 AM)Grace Wrote: This is just my two cents, which has never been worth much to anyone... lol..

But where there is diversity of thoughts and views there is vigorous debate and discussion... that is what makes any discussion forum fun - it delivers on the discussion.

When everyone on any forum has similar views or are otherwise unwilling to debate differing views for fear of hurting feelings it's just not as fun, it doesn't have the same draw other than the draw of friendship... which keeps it small overall, because those who don't feel a part of that friendship feel they are on the outside looking in, and no one wants to feel like the third wheel until they get to know everyone or figure out where they might fit in...

It's not to say everyone here isn't welcoming - you are and couldn't do any better, it's just a thought as to perhaps why growth is stagnant. ..

I think a better idea for drawing in people is to stage some actual debates... good ones on relevant topics of the day. Have people take or assign people sides, and make it interesting - people from outside of here  will be more willing to jump on that way with their own two cents.
I Agree and that's Two cents well Spent!!!

We've tried to engage members that Hates President Trump, but the member had nothing to debate with that was factual with his support of Bernie and Hillary, so he bowed out and left hating me and others for supporting Trump.

We do have so many other subjects here, every thing,,, UFO's, USO's to Fairies and Bigfoot and the Bible to include, Giants.
People need to come by.
I wish I knew a subject that would attract members.

I do agree that Word Of mouth to others is a Great Way To Get members.

I also think a Youtube video of Armonica_Templar reading one of his Syfy stories, Great Stuff,,,,
(01-21-2018, 07:40 AM)guohua Wrote: ...We've tried to engage members that Hates President Trump, but the member had nothing
to debate with that was factual with his support of Bernie and Hillary, so he bowed out and
left hating me and others for supporting Trump.

We do have so many other subjects here, every thing,,, UFO's, USO's to Fairies and Bigfoot
and the Bible to include, Giants.
People need to come by.

I also think a Youtube video of Armonica_Templar reading one of his Syfy stories, Great Stuff,,,,

I think one of the main problems of not having regular engaging members is the current trend of 'Ring-And-Run'
on the internet. The idea of saying I don't enough -but I'm interested in the subject, shouldn't be an acceptance
that the person who suggests an idea is necessarily correct in their opinion.

In my humble opinion, both parties should aspire to find a true answer, but that may seem as boring and the
quick 'kick' of self-ego-preening doesn't work in such an environment.

Of course, the need for being correct with one's view will not be going away in a hurry and that action and counter
-action can sometimes take a subject into the mire, but there's also the worrying tenor of very little investigating into
a topic.

Comments are often based on personal outlooks and favouritism regarding personalities in the news, just look at
the 2016 US election...! but, it seems that very little investment in a view is offered and the discussion becomes
nothing more than sarcastic mud-slinging.

As Guohua suggests, Twitter is an ideal vehicle for this type of discourse and any evidence to support an non-biased
opinion falls away in preference of identity-politics that reminds me of a juvenile chat about favourite pop-stars!

Websites that offer a place where points of views and be evaluated and subjects can be deeply mined will always
struggle as long as the one-sentence-response tendency is favoured.
It's a conundrum!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Could it be that RN has found its own niche in the wild sea of internet forums. Perhaps there is a need to understand RN place and then work to develop it. I think that just to expand without understanding the direction and affect is not wise.
Simple questions, What does RN want, how will it get it, and how will it change what we have now.
(01-21-2018, 07:40 AM)guohua Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 04:18 AM)Grace Wrote: This is just my two cents, which has never been worth much to anyone... lol..

I think a better idea for drawing in people is to stage some actual debates... good ones on relevant topics of the day. Have people take or assign people sides, and make it interesting - people from outside of here  will be more willing to jump on that way with their own two cents.

We've tried to engage members that Hates President Trump, but the member had nothing to debate with that was factual with his support of Bernie and Hillary, so he bowed out and left hating me and others for supporting Trump.

We do have so many other subjects here, every thing,,, UFO's, USO's to Fairies and Bigfoot and the Bible to include, Giants.
People need to come by.

It sounds kind of silly, but to debate a topic doesn't necessitate believing in your side of it. It simply necessitates putting forth the better argument.
(01-21-2018, 02:56 PM)Grace Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 07:40 AM)guohua Wrote:

People need to come by.

It sounds kind of silly, but to debate a topic doesn't necessitate believing in your side of it. It simply necessitates putting forth the better argument.
Very True, But, if a topic causes a person to leave because it goes against what they believe, then they, themselves believed and supported and trusted in that belief, should they Fight or point out Flaws in the other persons topic and point out the Truth in their Belief?
Then it goes to show the Hatred they have for your Belief or Shame or Actual Lack Of Knowledge in their Belief or Topic.
JMHO
(01-21-2018, 04:11 PM)guohua Wrote: Very True, But, if a topic causes a person to leave because it goes against what they believe, then they, themselves believed and supported and trusted in that belief, should they Fight or point out Flaws in the other persons topic and point out the Truth in their Belief?
Then it goes to show the Hatred they have for your Belief or Shame or Actual Lack Of Knowledge in their Belief or Topic.
JMHO

I think your misunderstanding what I'm suggesting. I'm suggesting setting up some debates between members (fake debates if you will) in order to show diversity of opinion until which time we have actual diversity of opinion ss a way to attract people of varying beliefs...

I'm suggesting that by showing diversity of opinion (which we dont now have in large part) we will essentially be encouraging lurkers to join and post.

You'll never make everyone happy all the time. Some people might join and leave - others might join and stay on... it's just a thought to attract more people.