Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump Clears Path for Julian Assange to Leave London
As I suggested yesterday, it appears Julian Assange is free to leave London, thanks to President Trump.   minusculeclap

That face says it all... the taste of freedom!  

[Image: 1418AssangeRelief.jpg]

Quote:WASHINGTON, D.C. – In the past few days, a series of unexpected developments have cleared the path for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to leave the Ecuadorian Embassy in London without fear of arrest.

On Tuesday, WikiLeaks posted a tweet announcing the U.S. government had ended its eight-year-long grand jury proceedings against WikiLeaks that was expanded in 2017 to cover the WikiLeaks various “Vault” releases on CIA spy technology.

The WikiLeaks tweet referenced a State Department press conference held that day, Jan. 2, 2018, in which State Department Spokesperson Heather Nauert made a strong statement regarding freedom of speech that was couched in a reference to Iran.

The WikiLeaks tweet confirmed the State Department’s reference to freedom of speech in Iran was a coded communication intended to extend the umbrella of free speech and press rights to WikiLeaks in a clear reversal of the policy in which both CIA Director Mike Pompeo and Attorney General Sessions have argued that arresting Julian Assange is a priority. It is not clear that Assange has violated national security laws, even if it can be shown he published U.S. national security classified documents.

Specifically, Nauert said the following:
“We support a freedom of the press here in the United States. We support the right of voices to be heard. And when a nation clamps down on social media or websites or Google or news sites, we ask the question, “What are you afraid of?” What are you afraid of? We support the Iranian people and we support their voices being heard.”

Trump’s attorneys argue Assange’s First Amendment right to publish
In a motion filed with the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on Dec. 29, 2017, in the case Roy Cockrum vs. Donald J. Trump for President, Trump’s attorneys argued that Julian Assange had a right under the First Amendment to publish the DNC and John Podesta emails, even if the emails were stolen.

The case was orchestrated by Project Democracy, a group run by former attorneys from the Obama administration, arguing that then former Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone had conspired with the Russians to publish the DNC and Podesta emails.

In a 32-page motion defending the Trump Campaign, Michael A. Carvin of the Jones Day law firm and attorney of record representing President Trump, argued that the Trump campaign, and by inference Julian Assange at WikiLeaks, could not be held liable under the First Amendment for a disclosure of stolen information if the information published involves “a matter of public interest” and the speaker was not “involved” in the theft.
In making the argument, Trump’s attorneys relied upon Bartnicki v. Vopper. 532 U.S. 514 (2001), a labor union case in which the Supreme Court ruled a radio station had the right to broadcast a stolen tape of a phone call between the chief union negotiator for a Pennsylvania high school and the chief union negotiator together with the union president.

Technically, Assange has not yet been indicted of any criminal offense in the United States, nor is it clear if he committed any crime.  Under the Supreme Court Decisions New York Times v. Sullivan, 376 U.S. 254 (1964), and in the Pentagon Papers case, New York Times v. U.S. 403 U.S. 713 (1971), a journalist is allowed to accept and publish classified documents provided by other sources.

While Roger Stone’s case is still pending in the District of Columbia District Court, the opinion submitted by President Trump’s attorneys can be seen to have established the basis for pardoning Assange as a pre-condition of allowing Assange to leave the Ecuadorian Embassy in London without U.S. federal authorities seeking to arrest him.

Sweden drops charges against Assange
In May 2017, the government in Sweden dropped the rape case against Assange, ending the four-year long attempt by the Swedish government to arrest Assange via a European Arrest Warrant.

A recent decision by a United Kingdom tribunal also appears to have vitiated the arrest warrant issued by a British court in 2012, after Assange violated his bail conditions to take refuge in the Ecuadorean Embassy.

On Dec. 29, 2017, Assange posted a tweet that referenced an article published by the Guardian on Dec. 14, 2017, citing a United Kingdom tribunal that declared WikiLeaks to be a media organization and a free speech advocate – designations that could carry a legal importance in placing Assange under “free speech” protections both in the UK and in the United States.

Will President Trump pardon Assange?
A QAnon post on the Internet bulletin board 8chan on Christmas Day and a series of messages posted on Twitter by Julian Assange on New Year’s Day appear to deliver a coordinated message that an extradition for Assange from his sanctuary in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London is imminent.
While interpreting posts intended to be cryptic is not a science, those following QAnon understand QAnon has forecast several important developments in code, in an effort to mobilize Internet-aware Trump loyalists.

Q had made some references to this in previous posts:

Quote:Ultimately, the question QAnon is raising is this: Will President Trump pardon Julian Assange?
The QAnon Christmas Day post reads as follows:
[Image: QANON-POST-CHRISTMAS-DAY-post-173382-Scr...80x168.png]

What did Q's post mean?

Quote:On Jan. 1, 2018, Infowars.com posted on Scribd.com a decoding of this cryptic QAnon Christmas Day post.
  • Using gematria, the numbers 10, [10-9] are translated into the letters JA, the initials of Julian Assange with “J” being the 10th letter of the alphabet and “A” being the first. The operational window for Assange’s extraction from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London is signaled to be later this week, Jan. 5-6, 2018.

• That Assange will be extracted with the blessings of the Trump administration is suggested by the designation FDeltaC, referencing a Federal Detention Center of undetermined location.  That the location is outside the United States is suggested by the “Delta” designation.

• Dec. 25-26 references Emanuel Leutze’s famous painting depicting George Washington’s historic crossing the Delaware River on Christmas night in 1776, with painting posted in synch on the Internet bulletin board 8chan by both QAnon and by the U.S. Department of Defense on Dec. 25, 2017.

• With the possibility Assange might return to the United States, the “storm” QAnon has been predicting appears ready to begin.
  • QAnon’s reference to “Secured” suggests the path for Assange to return to the United States has been secured at the highest level of the U.S. government, with the knowledge and approval of President Trump.

• QAnon’s reference to “Floor is yours” suggests this is Assange’s opportunity to drop key files on Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and the hoax of “Russia collusion” developed by CIA Director John Brennan and propagated to the mainstream media with the assistance of Google’s Eric Schmidt.

• The comment “Twitter FW” suggests Twitter will be used by Assange to communicate with the public as the extraction mission goes forward.  The additional comment “Twitter [kill_rogue] suggests Assange will post key information on the Twitter account @kill_rogue.

• Finally, the notation “CONF_WHITE_WHITE” suggests Assange’s initial destination of Switzerland has been confirmed.  Switzerland’s national flag is a white cross (WHITE_WHITE) against a red background.

On New Year’s Eve, Julian Assange posted on Twitter a cryptic string of numbers that appear to be a “Dead Man’s Switch,” linking possibly to a new cache of WikiLeaks documents Assange’s associates would post should Assange be arrested.

Assange’s New Year’s Eve post also embedded a video of the song “Paper Planes” by singer M.I.A. that linked to YouTube.

Again, in what appears to have been a synchronized post, @kill_rogue retweeted Assange’s New Year’s Day post and asked, “What words do you hear in the song?”

@kill_rogue followed with this post on Twitter:

Quote:[Image: QANON-POST-CHRISTMAS-DAY-post-173382-Scr...80x218.png]

The second line of the lyrics in the song reads, “If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name …”

Source

This is how Q drops "breadcrumbs" for the public to decipher.  It's fun!  

I know not everyone thought Assange should be freed, but without his drops/leaks to the public we would still probably never know all the evil and corruption that was in our governments all across the world.  I, personally, see him as a hero, and I'm so happy he's free.   minusculebeercheers
Strange but I have never been able to decide if he is a self centered assho#l or some one to whom the world owes a lot. Maybe he is a bit of both
(01-08-2018, 09:15 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Strange but I have never been able to decide if he is a self centered assho#l or some one to whom the world owes a lot. Maybe he is a bit of both

Who? Trump or Assange  smallroflmao

Yes a Little Of Both and Yes the world does owe him a Lot.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Explanation: There is no need for the POTUS to 'pardon' JA becuase JA is NOT a bloody fucking USA citizen and the POTUS has NO authority over him.

This is of course assuming that the USA hasn't annexed Australia by default ... lets have a look into that shall we? ...

1stly there has to be troops on the ground for a country to be annexed and yes there is 2000 us marines etc situated in Darwin NT Australia [the influx of yanks totally changed the atmosphere and the demographics and even how things are supposed to work here in Oz are changed for the convenience of our American brothers and sisters. [big bro specifically]

2ndly there has to be some interference having gone on in politics within living memory between the two countries and I can only point out the following ...

CIA did have a hand in Goughs Whitlams dismissal.

Quote:In his column in the Sydney Sun on May 6, 1977, he said ‘The CIA tried to get Australia’s own intelligence service, ASIO, to withhold information from [my] Government.’
Yes, Gough never wanted to say outright that US agencies were part of the gang-tackle that brought him down, perhaps he was too proud to concede that American thugs had as much to do with his downfall as did the Sir Johns, Sir Arthurs, and Sir Garfields in Canberra.
Soon after Whitlam was dumped, newly-elected US president Jimmy Carter sent his deputy secretary of state Warren Christopher on a secret mission to apologise personally to Whitlam for US interference during Gough’s prime ministership.
And just last month, Gough’s former principal private secretary Richard Butler, who accompanied Whitlam to the meeting, revealed that he had no doubt the interference for which Carter was apologising included helping tip Kerr’s hand to dismiss Whitlam.
In an interview with Max Suich for the Australian Financial Review issue of 30 October this year, Butler said: ‘It seemed to me quite obvious then and it still does today. . . there were groups in the Nixon administration that… activated the intelligence systems to listen, follow Whitlam and his policies [and that they] had a role in the dismissal. . . eavesdropping, colluding with the actors and people like Kerr. . . encouraging them.’

And the dirty filthy cover up ...

CIA Refuses To Release Reports On Former Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser [aka the guy who replaced Gough Whitlam as PM]
[/url]
Quote:Thanks to the Freedom of Information Act, I've received CIA biographic reports on both the former Australian Prime Minister Gough Whitlam and the man who controversially ousted him in 1975, John Kerr. But there's one guy involved in "The Dismissal" that the CIA won't release files on: Former Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser, the man who replaced Whitlam.

3rdly there has to be some power behind the throne ...

UKUSA Agreement

Quote:Much of the sharing of information is performed via the ultra-sensitive [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STONEGHOST]STONEGHOST network, which has been claimed to contain "some of the Western world's most closely guarded secrets".[11] Besides laying down rules for intelligence sharing, the agreement formalized and cemented the "Special Relationship" between the UK and the USA.[12][13]

Due to its status as a secret treaty, its existence was not known to the Prime Minister of Australia until 1973,[14] and it was not disclosed to the public until 2005.[13] On 25 June 2010, for the first time in history, the full text of the agreement was publicly released by the United Kingdom and the United States, and can now be viewed online.[9][15] Shortly after its release, the seven-page UKUSA Agreement was recognized by Time magazine as one of the Cold War's most important documents, with immense historical significance.

Which leads back to ...

Five Eyes

Quote:The Five Eyes, often abbreviated as FVEY, is an intelligence alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. These countries, with a similar common law legal inheritance, are parties to the multilateral UKUSA Agreement, a treaty for joint cooperation in signals intelligence.[1][2][3]
The origins of the FVEY can be traced back to the post-World War II period, when the Atlantic Charter was issued by the Allies to lay out their goals for a post-war world. During the course of the Cold War, the ECHELON surveillance system was initially developed by the FVEY to monitor the communications of the former Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc, although it is now used to monitor billions of private communications worldwide.[4][5]
In the late 1990s, the existence of ECHELON was disclosed to the public, triggering a major debate in the European Parliament and, to a lesser extent, the United States Congress. As part of efforts in the ongoing War on Terror since 2001, the FVEY further expanded their surveillance capabilities, with much emphasis placed on monitoring the World Wide Web. The former NSA contractor Edward Snowden described the Five Eyes as a "supra-national intelligence organisation that doesn't answer to the known laws of its own countries".[6] Documents leaked by Snowden in 2013 revealed that the FVEY have been spying on one another's citizens and sharing the collected information with each other in order to circumvent restrictive domestic regulations on surveillance of citizens.[7][8][9][10]
In spite of continued controversy over its methods, the Five Eyes relationship remains one of the most comprehensive known espionage alliances in history.

And the USA being the biggest [and dare I say baddest] of the entire west in Five Eyes would obviously be in control ... or so one might think but it behoves one to do well if one keeps digging at this point to get to the real bottom of things ... ie bedrock conclusions.

Does the USA run the USA or does Israel run the USA?

Well that doesn't really count as the original statement was about was Australia annexed and yes it was and has been for years..it is well known world wide that the aussie are the Yanks lap/attack dogs.

So in conclusion... Mr JA just might want to get pardoned by the POTUS anyway... it couldn't hurt ... or could it?

Personal Disclosure: FREEDOM and MAGA!

Enjoy your new found freedoms Mr JA and it has been disgusting how your [our] own government has treated you and its no different to how the yanks treated several aussie at gitmo before a certain one Major Maury saved him [them] and had them returned rightfully to Australia. The liberal coalition government at that time was just as disgusting and that goes for both sides of politics as labour has been in several times since then as well [kevin rudd and julia gillard and then rudd again].

Lessons learned ... if you have to get locked up make it a prison of your own choosing.

Don't fool around with sexy swedish girls in a nation with strict rules on consent.

Always stick it to the rotten system of things if you can and always stick up for common justice, truth and transparency! The truth hurts but it will also set you free eventually and you'll have the last laugh .. just make sure to live that long ok.

Just because JA is free does not mean he is not target of some very nasty pieces of work. He still needs to carefully watch his steps and in fact avoid steps all together ... we don't need JA falling down any stairs for any reasons ok ... unless like I said ... you are a nasty piece of work.

I feel the need to post an[y] aussie song that represents how I feel right now and all I can come up with is ACDC JailBreak ...

Oh and before I forget ... WELL DONE ECUADOR for having the balls and the ability to say NO WAY Jose` to nations that have traditionally run the world [UN security council permanent membership status due to nukes] .. you Rock as a nation of integrity when it comes to diplomacy in the modern world..you kept your words and I for one thank you for doing that in this specific case. You are now legendary for having defended not only JA's freedoms but the very truth itself!

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
@"OmegaLogos" 
I think the MSM misspoke,,,,, as usual they didn't have their facts straight and their editors are not doing their jobs.
You're right, he is not a Citizen of the US and would have to be Extradited.
Quote:Legal experts say the British authorities' desire to arrest Assange for breaching his bail agreement is dubious. Nikolaos Gazeas, an expert for international criminal law, told DW that such infractions were generally at the bottom end of the criminal liability scale. He went on to say that a warrant for Assange's arrest was unreasonable in light of the extremity of his situation.

Is the truth of the matter rather that Assange is to be arrested so that he can be extradited to the USA? Several US media outlets have reported that the US Attorney General's Office is already working on a document that will charge him and other WikiLeaks founders with conspiracy, theft of government documents and breaking espionage laws.
To date, the US Department of Justice (DOJ) has not confirmed the stories, but it has not denied them either. US Attorney General Jeff Sessions himself declared that Assange's arrest and the fight against the leaking of state secrets would be a "priority" for the US government.
Source
I think President Trump actually had the DOJ (Sessions) back off on his idea to Extradite Mr. Assange. JMHO
(01-09-2018, 12:28 AM)guohua Wrote: @"OmegaLogos" 
I think the MSM misspoke,,,,, as usual they didn't have their facts straight and their editors are not doing their jobs.
You're right, he is not a Citizen of the US and would have to be Extradited.
Quote:Legal experts say the British authorities' desire to arrest Assange for breaching his bail agreement is dubious. Nikolaos Gazeas, an expert for international criminal law, told DW that such infractions were generally at the bottom end of the criminal liability scale. He went on to say that a warrant for Assange's arrest was unreasonable in light of the extremity of his situation.

Is the truth of the matter rather that Assange is to be arrested so that he can be extradited to the USA? Several US media outlets have reported that the US Attorney General's Office is already working on a document that will charge him and other WikiLeaks founders with conspiracy, theft of government documents and breaking espionage laws.
To date, the US Department of Justice (DOJ) has not confirmed the stories, but it has not denied them either. US Attorney General Jeff Sessions himself declared that Assange's arrest and the fight against the leaking of state secrets would be a "priority" for the US government.
Source
I think President Trump actually had the DOJ (Sessions) back off on his idea to Extradite Mr. Assange. JMHO

Explanation: Sounds highly plausible to me and Sessions is one of those nasty pieces of work I was talking about in my OP ... no matter how much Trump makes it easy for JA to be relieved of his prior imprisoned predicament there are still going to be worse assholes who want him and the likes of Edward Snowden kaputski kapiche?!

Personal Disclosure: I am not surprised that the standards in editing and editorial finese have fallen by the wayside in this brave new internet interconnected world where everything trends quickly to its lowest common denominator ... I call it the big sinkhole of negativity because why edit anybody or even myself .. who am I again ..am I in charge for god sake? I sure hope not  because I am not qualified etc.

Everybody is an a rush to share their shit [mostly germs and memes] ... and they overlook the kindness of seeing from another point of view just to check that their post has more than one kind of dimensionality to it.

Basically they'd buy their own shit because they love the stench of it ... its all too familiar to them and smells like home, so why change it?!

But let it be known that other fragrances also exist and minty gum is good for fresh breath and clean teeth. Presentation counts for heaps and this sloppy work by the source's author and editor both makes my conspiratorial mind start to screams COVERUP by misdirection!
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
I read this today,,,,, it would appear Ecuador has giving Assange Naturalized Citizenship and awarded to Assange diplomatic status as well.
YES! Now he can actually leave the Embassy in London without fear of being Arrested.
Quote:WASHINGTON, D.C. – In a press conference held Thursday, Jan. 11, in Quito, Ecuador, the Ecuadorian Ministry of Foreign Affairs affirmed both that Ecuador naturalized Julian Assange in granting him citizenship, and that Ecuador had extended to Assange diplomatic status as well.

With diplomatic status, Ecuador would be in a position to grant Assange an international passport that would give Assange the right to leave the United Kingdom with immunity.

During the course of the press conference in Quito, the Ecuadorian Ministry of Foreign Affairs further revealed that Assange was naturalized an Ecuadorian citizen on December 12, 2017, some one month before the official announcement was made yesterday.
Has he already left?

Quote:“Julian Assange was granted naturalization on December 12, 2017,” Espinoza confirmed at today’s press conference, adding that as a result of also extending diplomatic immunity status to Assange, Quito asked London to be recognized as an Ecuadorian “diplomatic agent”.

“We have asked the British government to deal with Assange as if he were part of Ecuador’s international diplomatic corps,” Espinoza stressed.

This revelation fueled speculation that Assange has already been extracted from London and transported to Switzerland under the protection of the United Nations and international law.
Source
He didn't need President Trump's Help.
[Image: 11118JulAssange.jpg]
(01-09-2018, 02:13 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote: ..Personal Disclosure: I am not surprised that the standards in editing and editorial finesse have fallen
by the wayside in this brave new internet interconnected world where everything trends quickly to its
lowest common denominator ...

...But let it be known that other fragrances also exist and minty gum is good for fresh breath and clean teeth.
Presentation counts for heaps and this sloppy work by the source's author and editor both makes my conspiratorial
mind start to screams COVERUP by misdirection!

I agree with Omegalogos, not just because he has a fancy avatar, but also because he's correct!

What really concerns me is the generally-agreed narrative from the mainstream media isn't perceived as a falsehood
by those who twist reports of incidents to appease their agenda.

There's no guilt because of their accepted, morally-superior quest of influencing the ignorant masses of an ideology
that the MSM believe is needed. With little investigative work, a malleable story is acquired and moulded to suit a
narrative, but because they believe the goal is needed, it outweighs any concerns of shame.

Other incidents around the world...? Well, if can't be used to fight their enemy, then it doesn't get in.
Like this one and forgive me for straying off topic:

Quote:Trump 'in crude Oval Office outburst about migrants'

'US President Donald Trump has reportedly lashed out at immigrants in a foul-mouthed Oval Office
outburst that a UN spokesman later condemned as "shocking", "shameful" and "racist".

"Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?" Mr Trump reportedly asked
lawmakers during talks on an immigration deal. He was apparently referring to Haiti, El Salvador and
African countries.

The White House made no attempt to deny the comment.

In recent weeks, the Trump administration has been trying to limit the number of family members of
immigrants who can enter the US, and has moved to end the protected status of thousands of immigrants
already in the US.

What did the president say?
Mr Trump's reported remark came as lawmakers from both parties visited him on Thursday to propose
a bipartisan immigration deal. Democratic Senator Richard Durbin had just been discussing US temporary
residency permits granted to citizens of countries hit by natural disasters, war or epidemics, according to
US media.

According to the Post, Mr Trump told lawmakers the US should instead be taking in migrants from countries
like Norway, whose prime minister visited him a day earlier. The paper quoted him as saying: "Why do we
need more Haitians? Take them out."

Senator Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, was in Thursday's meeting at the White House,
but would not comment on the president's reported slur...'
SOURCE:

You see, no context of where the alleged slurs were part of the discussion.
I listened to the meeting and all I heard was that Trump was tired of illegal people using
Mexico as a conduit to get to the US border. If such insults were uttered, then the footage
I viewed and listened to didn't pick it up.

What's twisted in the article is that the meeting -that was open to the media, was to show
Democrats and Republicans coming together to solve the current costly 'half-solution' that
Obama wanted in his term.

Trump was asking for a permanent solution with walls in places that nature didn't take care of.
The focus was on the drug and people trafficking over the border and how other countries abuse
the situation, not discussing who could enter the USA based on race.

Granted, he seemed to change his views at times, but any neutral person would see that this is
an negotiating-tactic. Stating that 'we'll do DACA' is to force the discussion in a difficult place
where anyone across the table would have to go back to nail down certain parts they want...
and do it on camera.
The realities of personal views would have to be aired on television and Trump knows many don't
want to do that.

Here's the CNN and CIA's Anderson Cooper omitting the alleged slurs and bringing a narrative that
hints at Trump's mental health and Trump's lack of discussing Mexico paying for the wall.

The damned media will always turn a story around about the current President and paint it that
he's a white supremacist or suffering with madness... because it's good for ratings.
The fact that it's erroneous doesn't matter, what matters is that the masses accept it.

You see, the mainstream media are better than you.
tinysurprised
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"BIAD" 
Excellent reply above, Very, Very Well Said and Explained.